Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire Inhouses (Come Play!)

Creator: Mowen March 10, 2014 4:56pm
Chawoora
<Member>
Chawoora's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2015 3:59pm | Report
I dropped into the NA inhouse last Sunday and I think I enjoyed it enough to drop in again the future (cannot this Sunday). Exactly how bad I did as Thresh the first game is debatable (guess somebody with a 312K view Morgana guide is better at bindings and shields than I am used to), but I clearly have a bit to learn before I am going to be able to 1v1 Retrouvailles/H4xDefender top lane! At 10 min I think he had 2-3 kills and a 40+ cs lead on me.

Some thoughts:
  • It was good to meet up with some people from the forum (though in some cases it is hard to match up summoner names and forum names).
  • It would be good if there was more insight into the games for people that were not playing. I would not have minded spectating a few games or just seeing the results of the other games. A live stream with chat would be awesome.
  • I was captain the first games. Since I did not know anybody all I could do was randomly pick people based on level. That could just as well be done automatically or by somebody with insight into some of the people playing.
  • I am not sure if there is a solution to mixing Bronze players versus Diamond/Challenger players. While I am not against the challenge and I like the idea of being able to play with high elo players, I got creamed and I don’t think I was much of a challenge to H4x. Personally, I would rather play against Bronze, Silver and Gold players, but would love to watch Plat, Diamond, Challenger players and get advice from them.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2015 10:07am | Report
Well, I'll be here for the inhouses this week. I don't work tomorrow at all, so I'll be around.

Response to thoughts above:
  • Yea, some of us have changed our names or never had similar names in the first place. I used to be TheNamelessBard, but now I'm amandamonium (not that I was around last week).
  • Someone could stream it, I suppose. If no one is opposed to me doing so I'll consider it.
  • This is one of the reasons I opposed this change to the balancing/team building system in the first place. I also just don't see (as a referee myself) how randomly changing the system was supposed to fix anything.
  • There isn't any solution to that besides play it safe and do your best to not get so behind that you can't do anything in teamfights. I personally enjoy playing against people much higher ranked than me much more than I enjoy playing against people who are supposedly "closer to my level", but I've also been playing the game for almost five years at this point.

If you could give us your feedback here (if you haven't already), that'd be great.
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2015 2:55pm | Report
SUNDAY INHOUSE IS RIGHT NOW, NO ONE IS ONLINE LIKE I FIGURED, BOY DO I LOVE BEING RIGHT.

Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2015 2:57pm | Report
We had 5 inhouse matches on Saturyday, from 8 pm to 3 am EST, pretty successful imo
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2015 3:32pm | Report
Let's quit the circlejerk:

To everyone who still cares: Stop treating the symptoms and go after the underlying cause! The problem with the NA inhouses is the whole atmosphere itself. Remember, people will always have to make a conscious effort to actually show up at these events, and if the atmosphere sucks, then why would they want to be there?!

Equate this to waiting in line for the premier of a movie: If the movie is great, like Citizen Kane, then it's totally going to be worth it to stand in line for 4 hours. However, if it's like The Phantom Menace, then yeah, you're going to want to scoop your eyeballs out with a spoon.

In the end the people who participate in these events have to realise that they need to really change the atmosphere of it; people need to be compelled to choose these events over shooting up heroin in their stomach in the local Taco Bell, so give them a reason to do so!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2015 3:41pm | Report
Bryun wrote:
BOY DO I LOVE BEING RIGHT.

Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2015 7:12pm | Report
Let's quit the circlejerk:

To everyone who still cares: Stop treating the symptoms and go after the underlying cause! The problem with the NA inhouses is the whole atmosphere itself. Remember, people will always have to make a conscious effort to actually show up at these events, and if the atmosphere sucks, then why would they want to be there?!

Equate this to waiting in line for the premier of a movie: If the movie is great, like Citizen Kane, then it's totally going to be worth it to stand in line for 4 hours. However, if it's like The Phantom Menace, then yeah, you're going to want to scoop your eyeballs out with a spoon.

In the end the people who participate in these events have to realise that they need to really change the atmosphere of it; people need to be compelled to choose these events over shooting up heroin in their stomach in the local Taco Bell, so give them a reason to do so!

The thing is I haven't participated in an inhouse for a few months now and stepped down from hosting them. Other referees stepped in and changed a few policies to hopefully improve the atmosphere in general. The only real problem now is the amount of publicity these inhouses get since all the veteran members, including myself, have probably stopped showing up to inhouses because of the trauma from the whole "i'm getting stomped so i'm mad" / meaningless complaints about not wanting to play with x player. Playing in the more recent inhouses I've noticed these things die down and overall it's a more uplifting environment. It's the day that's total trash because it conflicts with most peoples schedule (unless it's late in the evening, but who knows for right now because most people are on spring break). If people don't enjoy coming, that's their own fault, but don't try and keep something on a day just because if fits their schedule best! Btw, I thought Citizen Kane was a boring movie, but hey that's only my opinion, everyone has a different opinion.

Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2015 7:16pm | Report

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2015 7:28pm | Report
I (and other people) had legit complaints, I don't they should be trivialized by anger. Everyone gets mad when an issue happens over and over again.
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2015 7:35pm | Report
I (and other people) had legit complaints, I don't they should be trivialized by anger. Everyone gets mad when an issue happens over and over again.

Yeah I understand that there were some issues not solved that should've been addressed, that's partially my fault, but when you start getting angry at other players/lashing out just for playing how they want and not trying to compromise at all it just ended up making the situation worse.

I honestly tried all suggestions to alleviate the the experience, but no matter what I did people still had some problems.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide