Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire Inhouses (Come Play!)

Creator: Mowen March 10, 2014 4:56pm
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2015 11:42am | Report
Had no idea you felt that way and despite me having been on a ~4 game loss streak I never felt like the inhouse games were unenjoyable (one game here, another there, but I would like to have time to play more of them tbh). The biggest "issue" I had was that a while back I felt like I could not go mid if Fox was on my team or that I would have to go against him if he wasn't, and that was how I felt because I could just ask him and he'd probably let me play it even if he might sow some salt all over me if I do poorly :P

But, then again, I'm actually a lot harder to upset than people believe. I pretty much only get really annoyed with getting overly ganked or having people surrender for no reason (or someone leaving the game), and I haven't been camped for a while now on our Inhouses.

The biggest issue would be a sort of "soloQ" mentality around the inhouse players (me included) where our egos still get puffed and bruised when we're doing well at beating someone else but still lose because the rest of the team didn't do so well/flat out sucked.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2015 11:49am | Report
Bryun wrote:
I actually did that awhile back. ^.^
I'm well aware of the atmosphere of the EUW inhouses, you guys definitely take the inhouses with a more serious approach than NA inhouses. There are three types of people in the NA inhouses, the try-hards, the people playing to learn, and the people who just want to play for fun. When these people come into the inhouses expecting the games to go their way and it not going in their favor they start to get mad and blame anything and everyone else , ultimately putting the blame on the referees. EUW has a more stable inhouse because like Falseo said, the members are usually veteran players. Another thing is the communication, when people start losing the game they start going mute. Even yesterday it still happened, I was overseeing a game and I noticed the vent rooms not talking to each other at all. I don't think it's fixable until we get a stagnant group of members who don't get butthurt over every little thing and learn to communicate to try and win a game instead of accepting defeat so easily.
Bluntly, if you want a consistent group of players stop mistreating people constantly. 'cause I'll say right now that I'm done dealing with the ********, whether I'm around or not. I'm tired of listening to excuses for why toxicity is ignored because we don't want to "drive people away", tired of being made a scapegoat over Sunday inhouses "not working", and I have better things to do with what little free time I do have.
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2015 12:15pm | Report
Bluntly, if you want a consistent group of players stop mistreating people constantly. 'cause I'll say right now that I'm done dealing with the ********, whether I'm around or not. I'm tired of listening to excuses for why toxicity is ignored because we don't want to "drive people away", tired of being made a scapegoat over Sunday inhouses "not working", and I have better things to do with what little free time I do have.

ya it's true i did bully you, the gmd nameless ******** was fun too. But I normally don't retaliate unless i'm provoked. I'm usually nice about these things, but I stopped caring about hurting peoples feelings when being nice wasn't working anymore. I mean if you are tired of all the toxicity, then have a voice and do something about it instead of copping out, if you claim the title of a referee, do something about it.

Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2015 12:22pm | Report
Quoted:
These things happen over on EUW too. I don't know which EUW Inhouses you all play, but the EUW Inhouses I participate in are super unenjoyable most of the time.

I personally enjoy most of them, I only really dislike the games where we are losing and no one is able to even speak a word or communicate at all.
NateKiller
<Member>
NateKiller's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2015 12:30pm | Report
Bryun wrote:
ya it's true i did bully you....being nice wasn't working anymore

*facepalm*

I don't know the situation but: Retaliation and bullying is not a means to an end, it makes matters worse. Hence, Riot bans players that do it.

There's never a reason not to be nice and cordial when playing a game to have fun. You may be taking things too seriously. Just enjoy yourself, man.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2015 12:37pm | Report
Bryun wrote:

ya it's true i did bully you, the gmd nameless ******** was fun too. But I normally don't retaliate unless i'm provoked.

I'm sorry, what?! Also, considering the definition of the verb “to retaliate”, it'd be hard to actually retaliate without being provoked, although I am by no means an expert on the English language.

Bryun wrote:

I'm usually nice about these things, but I stopped caring about hurting peoples feelings when being nice wasn't working anymore. I mean if you are tired of all the toxicity, then have a voice and do something about it instead of copping out, if you claim the title of a referee, do something about it.

Pretty sure that those who did cop out, did it once it was clear that your goal had no longer anything to do with the inhouses themselves, but rather turned out to be a personal vendetta.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2015 12:47pm | Report
Acting pissy because people act pissy with you is really passive aggressive. At least you've admitted that's exactly what you're doing though I guess. Kudos.
lanilwow
<Member>
lanilwow's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2015 1:12pm | Report
I'd like to throw a few comments in as a general lurker on this thread that was really looking forward to getting his 200 games in so he can start to play NA MOBAfire in house...

This is scaring me away fast. I thought this would be a happy little group having fun playing together. My first thought as I read all this was to stay away and find another group to play with. Then I wondered if there were other lurkers who had the same thoughts.

This will need to be clearly addressed and resolved or us lurkers will avoid the NA in house. It sounds like more players are needed so we really don't want that to be the result.

I don't have a solution, but it sounds that playing the in house is currently no different that playing randoms. And that is pretty sad in my opinion.

There is plenty of intense, salty action around. I guess I would fall into the let's play hard as a group but make sure we have fun doing it crowd. Trust me, I like to win and I have thrown some salt during some of my games. But when I realize I'm doing it I take a break for an hour or so. I have been on the receiving end as well and I try remember how that kills the fun along with the desire to play the game.

I'll keep reading this thread, but I'm feeling much less excited about playing in the in house. Until this thread I was actually really excited. I hope we get some good resolution and find a way to make it enjoyable for most people.

my 2 cents
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2015 1:47pm | Report
NateKiller wrote:

*facepalm*

I don't know the situation but: Retaliation and bullying is not a means to an end, it makes matters worse. Hence, Riot bans players that do it.

There's never a reason not to be nice and cordial when playing a game to have fun. You may be taking things too seriously. Just enjoy yourself, man.

What? This has nothing to do with what we're talking about. I do actually have fun in the inhouses, I'm talking about the forums. I don't ever trash-talk people in game unless it's mutual and we know we're joking.

I'm sorry, what?! Also, considering the definition of the verb “to retaliate”, it'd be hard to actually retaliate without being provoked, although I am by no means an expert on the English language.

thanks for stating the obvious?

Pretty sure that those who did cop out, did it once it was clear that your goal had no longer anything to do with the inhouses themselves, but rather turned out to be a personal vendetta.

If they copped out because you believe it to be a personal vendetta, that's fine with me. But continuing to have input on a matter and not actually participating is kind of redundant, is it not?

Acting pissy because people act pissy with you is really passive aggressive. At least you've admitted that's exactly what you're doing though I guess. Kudos.

Oh, the irony.

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2015 1:55pm | Report
So the person who's been saying we need to stop ignoring toxic behavior for ages and only didn't talk to people themselves because they were told not to is the only one copping out of dealing with the problem? lolz.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide