Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire Inhouses (Come Play!)

Creator: Mowen March 10, 2014 4:56pm
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2015 2:01pm | Report
So the person who's been saying we need to stop ignoring toxic behavior for ages and only didn't talk to people themselves because they were told not to is the one copping out.

Based off of what GMD is saying, it's more that you don't like attending inhouses anymore because you don't like the atmosphere of the inhouses and the people who attend. Like I said again, instead of offering advice why don't you use your referee powers and actually do something about it. Who even told you to not say anything, are you sure you didn't come up with that assumption yourself?

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2015 2:03pm | Report
I said we needed to talk to several users a while ago and was told not to because it might "drive people away", but I appreciate the implication that I'm just delusional and you guys never ignore problems.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2015 2:05pm | Report
Bryun wrote:

Oh, the irony.

That's the **** I'm talking about right there.

Say what you will about my behavior, at least I'm direct and honest about my problems. I have yet to act any way other than how I normally act. I admitted I was angry, upset, and frustrated, and that was it.

You're acting this way practically out of spite. I don't know if it's some kind of coping mechanism or what, but it's annoying and pretty childish.
Maintained
<Stalker>
Maintained's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2015 2:17pm | Report
lanilwow wrote:
I'd like to throw a few comments in as a general lurker on this thread that was really looking forward to getting his 200 games in so he can start to play NA MOBAfire in house...

This is scaring me away fast. I thought this would be a happy little group having fun playing together. My first thought as I read all this was to stay away and find another group to play with. Then I wondered if there were other lurkers who had the same thoughts.

The people arguing right now, with the exception of Bryun who's come back recently, are nowhere near NA Inhouse regulars and rarely do they join. What Bryun does on the forums and what he does in Inhouses are as if they're two different people, he's a lot nicer during Inhouse. From my experience those who hate Inhouses are those who hate losing. Though its not always the case its probably the biggest reason.

Special thanks to Jovy for the signature! Check out her shop
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2015 2:17pm | Report

That's the **** I'm talking about right there.

Say what you will about my behavior, at least I'm direct and honest about my problems. I have yet to act any way other than how I normally act. I admitted I was angry, upset, and frustrated, and that was it.

You're acting this way practically out of spite. I don't know if it's some kind of coping mechanism or what, but it's annoying and pretty childish.

Wayne3100 wrote:

Sure, it's just your opinion / an observation, but that doesn't mean it can't be offending to anyone :|

Sorry I don't like when people say ****ty things about me?

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2015 2:19pm | Report
Maintained wrote:

The people arguing right now, with the exception of Bryun who's come back recently, are nowhere near NA Inhouse regulars and rarely do they join. What Bryun does on the forums and what he does in Inhouses are as if they're two different people, he's a lot nicer during Inhouse. From my experience those who hate Inhouses are those who hate losing. Though its not always the case its probably the biggest reason.

We *were* regulars. These are the issues that caused us to stop coming.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2015 2:19pm | Report
Bryun wrote:

What? This has nothing to do with what we're talking about. I do actually have fun in the inhouses, I'm talking about the forums. I don't ever trash-talk people in game unless it's mutual and we know we're joking.

Unsure if Nate was actually just referring to the games themselves or not; I think it was mostly about the idea of bullying.

Bryun wrote:

thanks for stating the obvious?

Apparently it was not all that obvious. Also, I still fail to see what you mean with the “GMD Nameless ********” as I have yet to pick her side on any of these matters; our ideas overlap at times, but are far from identical. I also don't see how it is a “********”, I'm simply here to discuss matters, and well, for the occasional banter.

Bryun wrote:

If they copped out because you believe it to be a personal vendetta, that's fine with me. But continuing to have input on a matter and not actually participating is kind of redundant, is it not?

Pretty sure that “redundant” either does not mean what you think it means, or you're simply looking for a different word here. Regarding the actual point, no it's not; people can still state why it is that they aren't actually participating any more, and what they'd like to see changed in order for them to be compelled to join in once more. I am one of those people; I do not consider these inhouses to be worth my time until something drastically changes, although I must add that the time they are can be an issue for me, but that should be obvious.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2015 2:20pm | Report
Bryun wrote:

Sorry I don't like when people say ****ty things about me?

You're doing it to me as well. As long as you realize that you're doing it.
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2015 2:22pm | Report
I said we needed to talk to several users a while ago and was told not to because it might "drive people away", but I appreciate the implication that I'm just delusional and you guys never ignore problems.

If this is all you're worried about now, it's already being fixed. Everyone and the world knows there was a problem with attitudes during the inhouses. The referees were being too nice, and didn't want to do much about it because we wanted people to enjoy each other instead. Yeah, it was probably a bad idea to not punish people like OTG, Thalia, Moon, Purelulz when things got out of hand, but we wanted to make it work cause we all have known each other for awhile. I don't like that you keep excluding yourself from these problems when you were involved as well.

GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2015 2:30pm | Report
Maintained wrote:

The people arguing right now, with the exception of Bryun who's come back recently, are nowhere near NA Inhouse regulars and rarely do they join.

So people who aren't playing any more have no right to speak up? There's a reason they left, I feel like it might be important to those who try very hard to make this work to know what that reason is.

Personally, I am just trying to help out to make these inhouses overall more enjoyable and more smooth regarding the overall organisation. The reason I no longer show up is because I have to make a conscious effort to be there, then wait for a game to finally start, and then the game might end up being totally unbalanced on top of that as well. To me, there's too many uncertainties, on top of the whole atmosphere not feeling all that well to me, and I have the feeling that there's people who share my opinion.

Maintained wrote:
What Bryun does on the forums and what he does in Inhouses are as if they're two different people, he's a lot nicer during Inhouse. From my experience those who hate Inhouses are those who hate losing. Though its not always the case its probably the biggest reason.

No, Bryun is the same person on the forums as he is in-game. I know very well that Bryun tries very hard to get these things going, and I also know how frustrating it is when things do not go your way. In his eyes, he tries very hard, and all people do is complaining: The job's very tiring and thankless, which can be very aggravating. However, I feel like Bryun needs to learn his limitations, mostly in the sense that dealing with people does not seem like one of his strengths, with the fact that actively bullying someone reinforcing that statement.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide