Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire Raffle Feedback Thread

Creator: PsiGuard June 15, 2017 11:19pm
1 2 3 4
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2017 11:19pm | Report
The Story So Far

Now that the rewards system has been up a few months we'd love to hear what you guys think of it!

We created this system as a fun reward and something to look forward to for MOBAFire members every month. Everyone should have a chance to win cool prizes, but being more active and helpful should increase your chances by a lot.

Feedback Wanted!

We want to make the MOBAFire Monthly Raffle the best it can be, and for that we need your help! Leave us a comment with your feedback, opinions and suggestions.

How do you feel about the reward points system right now? Is it something you look forward to and feels fun?

Our concern is that members who have been consistently helpful / active but have not won anything yet find the system too discouraging, or that if you don't find the prize for the month interesting there is nothing to look forward to doing with your points.

New Ideas

We've been toying with some ideas to help out members with lots of points that either haven't been winning or don't want the prizes this month.

One option is to implement "Point Sinks" that you can spend your points on. Some example rewards could be MOBAFire Prime, commendations or some kind of vanity flair or title.

We're still looking for ideas so please, leave us a comment below with your feedback!
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2017 3:13am | Report
I think maybe the prizes should stay league-related. I like the idea of a steam game reward but maybe people won't like any of the games and then win something they don't want.

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2017 3:57am | Report
its ok but i think your priority should be fixing that stupid bug where i keep losing
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2017 4:46am | Report
The biggest problem I personally have for the point system is that I don't feel like participating. Even though I am aware that this system is meant as a way to bring the community together to some extent, it is completely focused on guides and forums play only a very small role for it. Maybe focusing on other content of Mobafire is my own flaw, but I would like to see a (part of the) system that promotes activity on other aspects of the website as well. Blogs and threads would already be a good start, but perhaps it would also be good to bring activity to the wiki and other inactive parts of the website to make sure that they don't stay dead. If they stayed active people would be more inclined to update them after all. There are still many parts of this website that remain unused and it would be good to bring attention back to them during development so it can either be fixed or removed. Outdated content still existing on this website looks really sloppy, so something should be done with it in my opinion.

Another issue I think most people have with the system is that it is very inconsistent. Unlike inhouses, where the raffle felt more as a bonus rather than anything else, people participate in this system in order to win something. People have not started commenting a bunch on random guides to be kind after all. Because the reward is more important to the participants I think it is very important to make the rewards consistent. A point sink, as you mention, would be a great idea as it would give the needed consistency and gives people a reason to participate a second time as well. The rewards should be realistic and there should be rewards that are interesting for anyone and not just loyal Mobafire users. Things like RP or Teemo hats would already be a great non-Mobafire option. I see you are giving away beach games as well right now, but these are still raffled rather than 'earned'. It would be much nicer to see the raffle part of the system being removed, so that the system can do what it needs to do much more reliable.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: My valentine; jamespongebob <3
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Lasoor
<Member>
Lasoor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2017 5:35am | Report
What I like about the raffle system is it acts as kind of a leaderboard to show the more active guide makers and commentators of the website. However I feel it should be more rewarding for those on the leaderboard since currently the chance of winning even if you have the most tickets isn't that great. Just look at the bug that keeps preventing Vapora from winning.

Something I have noticed that is rather "off" is that just by going to my guides every month and clicking "publish" I get top of leaderboard(once other points are added as well). Why should I get points for clicking a button? Instead I think the points should be automatic just for having my guides and should probably be less points per guide. (Because there isn't any points for owning guides, just for updating them and making new ones).

I understand that the idea of the "update guide" points is so that people keep their guides up to date, but seeing as you lack a system to ensure people are actually keeping them up to date and not just clicking a publish button this shouldn't be a thing.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2017 5:44am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:
The biggest problem I personally have for the point system is that I don't feel like participating. Even though I am aware that this system is meant as a way to bring the community together to some extent, it is completely focused on guides and forums play only a very small role for it.
I think, or thought, that this was the whole point of the raffle; to reward guide makers, not people who participate in the community. When they added rep that changed a little bit (though lots of guide's authors get rep) but I still consider it to be an incentive for people to create, update and critique other peoples's guides.

@ lasoor Not every champion gets changed during a patch, I've hit publish a few times on my guides without changing anything, but now with the support changes in 7.12 I've had to udpate the items section and build quite a bit in the Leona/Braum guides. That being said, if you do see a guide that's horribly out of date, but says it's up to the current patch, you should defo report it and it'll likely be archived until it gets properly updated.

Also you only get 10 points and like you said it's hard to win even with 300 points, so I personally don't think it matters too much if someone slips by, but it'd be better if it was impossible for someone to do that I agree. Though I can't imagine how the admins can ensure this, bar manually looking at every single updated guide which is ridiculous. What they do do though is look over the winners' profiles to make sure there hasn't been any cheating (spamming comments on guides, making loads of builds etc) before they announce them the winners though.

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2017 8:16am | Report
I think voting on guides, especially new ones, should give points. As is, it's currently very hard to accumulate any significant number of votes on a new guide unless you happen to be one of a few people who are very popular. Otherwise you sit about with less than 10 votes on your new guide for ages on end, unless you turn off comment to vote (in which case you risk being downvoted without a comment by other people with guides for the same champion). I was encouraged by the points gained for writing one to write a new guide once. Having now seen, however, that there is no real incentive for anyone to vote on it, I've held off the other one I've been working on because it takes a lot of my energy to do so.

I also agree that the prizes should be kept league related.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2017 12:21pm | Report
I agree but if you give points for voting on (new) guides, people could pretty easily abuse that by just upvoting/downvoting anything they see (that doesn't have C2V). Maybe voting on guides which have C2V could give people points though.

by jhoijhoi
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2017 12:49pm | Report
If they enabled comment to vote by default for the first 20 votes, that wouldn't be an issue. Most new guide writers just don't know comment to vote is a thing, since it's not very obviously mentioned and not by default enabled, I'm pretty sure.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2017 1:13pm | Report
Ya definitely. Maybe it should be auto-enabled with the option to disable it; the opposite of how it works now.

by jhoijhoi
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide