Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

My Ideas for small buffs I think champs need.

Creator: throatslasher September 17, 2012 12:54pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 7:58pm | Report
I actually wouldn't mind the reduction on her cool-downs.. I have been trying to support Lux, but when I lock in and say support, someone always dodges :<
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡
Inferiae
<Member>
Inferiae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 8:16pm | Report
The problem with Lux support is that she suffers from the typical I didn't really want to support but got stuck with it so I'll play 'support' Lux but play her the same I would mid

Consequently people max her E and OOM at level 4-5 and provide absolutely nothing, comes back gets 6 and proceeds to KS with her ult..

Played properly her kit is awesome, a strong shield capable of hitting several players, a stun which can hit several/through targets, a brush check and an ult that used properly can land your carry so many kills it's scary, doing all of which whilst barely putting herself at harm due to her excellent range
Thanks Xiaowiriamu for the awesome signature!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 8:56pm | Report
It's not a stun, it's a snare. It hits and snares 2 targets not 3.

Stuns "incapacitate" players preventing them from taking ANY action unless they cleanse it or sit through the duration.

A SNARE however, prevents movement of a target for a duration it does not hinder skill usage UNLESS that skill deals with movement. Corki Valkyrie/Graves Quick Draw/Tristana Rocket Jump are 3 examples of MOVEMENT based spells that are hindered by Lux's snare.

To really explain why Lux support is suboptimal let me present my reasoning(s):

Lux is a utility mage with (what I consider amazing damage for the utility she provides). Her pitfalls as a support are primarily centered around her mana costs and the lack of CC which prevents trades. What I mean is, her snare doesn't stop enemies from using their abilities, her shield while useful is not ALWAYS going to land on your moving teammate as well as it's travel time to your target. Her shields absorption is infinitely more potent with AP, factor in that aside from a damage buffer it provides no additional utility to your team mate(s). Janna's shield is more useful (in the support role) because it provides a damage buffer and an AD boost, additionally her knock up interrupts casts, prevents an enemy from using abilities, and has a much longer range than Lux's snare or shield (possibly even her slow).

Lux has a much more secure role as an AP carry in the mid lane. Her range and utility work exceptionally well to keep her at "arms length" from her opponent while keeping her HP intact. She can win trades on her own and can utilize her abilities much more effectively in a 1v1 scenario where she has the AP to back up her skill set. That isn't to say Lux can't handle a 2v1 scenario or a team fight scenario (she does those things fine), it simply means her laning phase is strong and she has a skill set which is easier to use with "single target" scenarios.

In conclusion AP Lux is more effective at all stages of the game than support Lux.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 9:01pm | Report
All I have to point out in this thread is:
'No one has ever cared what a 17 year old has said ever'

Pobelter is like 15 isn't he?
And Voyboy can't be much older o:

I agree with most of the changes you've said though, but I think 50% of Mundo is a little high, and the Mord changes might be overdoing it slightly. I am not saying they don't needs buffs, just that these might be a little much.

Also, since you don't have experience with Hecarim, I can say that all he really needs to change is his early game damage, maybe buff Q and W at early levels, and he's fine. Actually, he may even need a bit of a nerf lategame. o.o
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 9:06pm | Report
Tinanmen Square

For reference as to when people cared what "17 year olds" said/did.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 9:28pm | Report
I wasn't referring to the fact that the statement was incorrect, I was saying it's wrong to assume someone is automatically wrong because they're young.

Pobelter is regarded as a great strategist, and him and Voyboy are both great players, who obviously have great game sense, the fact that they're young has nothing to do with anything.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 4:54am | Report
That post wasn't targeted at you. I just happened to decide then/there, was a good of time as any to reference something where slasher's statement was incorrect. Although I doubt he was being entirely serious.
Inferiae
<Member>
Inferiae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 7:06am | Report

It's not a stun, it's a snare. It hits and snares 2 targets not 3.

Stuns "incapacitate" players preventing them from taking ANY action unless they cleanse it or sit through the duration.

A SNARE however, prevents movement of a target for a duration it does not hinder skill usage UNLESS that skill deals with movement. Corki Valkyrie/Graves Quick Draw/Tristana Rocket Jump are 3 examples of MOVEMENT based spells that are hindered by Lux's snare.

To really explain why Lux support is suboptimal let me present my reasoning(s):

Lux is a utility mage with (what I consider amazing damage for the utility she provides). Her pitfalls as a support are primarily centered around her mana costs and the lack of CC which prevents trades. What I mean is, her snare doesn't stop enemies from using their abilities, her shield while useful is not ALWAYS going to land on your moving teammate as well as it's travel time to your target. Her shields absorption is infinitely more potent with AP, factor in that aside from a damage buffer it provides no additional utility to your team mate(s). Janna's shield is more useful (in the support role) because it provides a damage buffer and an AD boost, additionally her knock up interrupts casts, prevents an enemy from using abilities, and has a much longer range than Lux's snare or shield (possibly even her slow).

Lux has a much more secure role as an AP carry in the mid lane. Her range and utility work exceptionally well to keep her at "arms length" from her opponent while keeping her HP intact. She can win trades on her own and can utilize her abilities much more effectively in a 1v1 scenario where she has the AP to back up her skill set. That isn't to say Lux can't handle a 2v1 scenario or a team fight scenario (she does those things fine), it simply means her laning phase is strong and she has a skill set which is easier to use with "single target" scenarios.

In conclusion AP Lux is more effective at all stages of the game than support Lux.

Yes sorry I was writing at 5am at work and meant to write snare, yes by all means a snared target can trade back, but do not underestimate just how strong Lux's passive is early game, resulting in alot of trades where you come out better off

Also I think you're focusing too much on how good she is purely in the laning phase, and not how strong she is once the game opens up, comparing her to Janaa for discussions sake, Lux's shield has far more potential for absorbing mass damage in a teamfight, her snare if used well is similar to Morgana in the fact that upon landing it a good team with instantly collapse on the targets it lands on and give an end in a teamfight, Janaa's tornado is never going to catch someone out of position and punish them because it's just too dam slow, she has a constant Dragon/Baron check built into her with the potential to steal the occasional one too

I'm in no way arguing she's better than Janaa mate, but I do feel as though in the right hands she's more than viable, also your conclusion is something I agree with, Lux mid is definitely more effective, however surely that's the nature of playing mid? every Champion is 'more effective' if played mid due to the nature of the role, it's why teams sometimes bang Janaa mid to make her ult so much more effective
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 7:20am | Report
I'm not underestimating her passive, I'm calling it "not a factor" because supports are supposed to first protect their carry which results in THEM (the ADC) winning the trade and potentially getting the kill. Her passive is borderline useless if you're strictly playing her bot lane support because she is the only one who can proc it.

I'm not ignoring her team fight potential either, I know how useful she is, especially when I'm sitting at 400+ AP.

Support Lux is just not as useful as other current meta supports. She is more useful mid, where she can build AP and be a death cannon/shield generator. Opposed to a squirt gun and paper plate.
Inferiae
<Member>
Inferiae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 7:57am | Report
It doesn't matter how you win the trade, Lux should always proc her passive assuming it doesn't lead to the kill

Think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one, as slowly I'm realising my love for Lux's style of gameplay may be influencing my discussion hehe :)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide