Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

My Ideas for small buffs I think champs need.

Creator: throatslasher September 17, 2012 12:54pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Inferiae
<Member>
Inferiae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 5:29pm | Report
Agree with quite a few of the changes you suggest, the ones I'd like to discuss further

Tryndamere - I'm not sure what to do with this guy, improving his ult could work potentially, but it's already his only saving grace, improving it further could make him even more reliant on his ult to be of any threat, I think the rest of his kit needs a rework?

Lux - Personally when I play Lux (poorly) I find the problem you've mentioned too, but in Korea she's a really common ban, could perhaps make her slightly OP in well played hands?

Gangplank - Completely agree here, this is a much needed change and quite honestly baffling that it's gone untouched

Tristana - I agree it's annoying constantly pushing, but I suppose this is just a tradeoff of leveling E, without it she'd pretty much lack a weakness?

Dr. Mundo - Also agree here mate, only concern is that his constant cleavers early game are a complete nightmare, add this change without a slight tweak there and he'd be flinging around cleavers like Sweeny Todd
Thanks Xiaowiriamu for the awesome signature!
Syther Blade
<Member>
Syther Blade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 5:31pm | Report
Mastarwe wrote:

and... all the respect that I may have had for you is now gone. Not only do you start raging just because someone tells you his opinion (you even ask for it in the OP), you also assume that you have to play ranked to be any good at the game.

Most persons on the forums have played for quite some time and thus have quite a lot of knowledge on what changes have been made to the game. This especially applies to vets, since they've been around for a long time on this site alone (nobody would go to these forums unless they play/have played lol).

If you can't tolerate criticism then please just leave the forums right now. We don't want people like that around here.

I dont know this guy but I honestly now love him and agree with everything he sad here

Sigs By: Syther Blade (me), TheNamelessBard
Anastasios
<Member>
Anastasios's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 10:50pm | Report
I find Lux's mana costs fine. Perhaps her E could get a 10-20 mana cost reduction, but her q and ult are really cheap.

Many thanks to MissMaw, LaCorpse, Xiron, Arcana3 and Joxuu for making me sigs!
Mastarwe
<Member>
Mastarwe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 11:22pm | Report

Do I think your knowledge is worse? That's a bit of a loaded question.

I'll refrain from answering it directly. I've been playing this game for a long time too, so I do believe that my experience is more robust. HOWEVER I do believe that players capable of reaching gold/plat/diamond do deserve a bit more weight with their arguments when it comes to technical aspects "He/she needed to do x so y would happen" as an example. That doesn't mean I can't conflict with them, it simply means that my credibility falls to whatever evidence I can provide. ELO is most likely the easiest way to accomplish that.

IF there was a way to stabilize the "Lane Swap" Gambit then I would agree. But the nature of gambits being so...Well rsiky, means that you have a higher chance of success by maintaining the current duo bot lane ADC/Support meta. IMO.

Not talking about you, but more in general. ELO isn't everything. I personally think that everybody can reach gold if they invest enough time in learning the game (though not everybody has that time and/or likes to play ranked). The point was though that people who aren't playing ranked don't automatically are worse then those who do, they might just don't care about their e-peen.
I'm back!
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 1:03am | Report
thing is about Talon, his W isn't his main damage, his q is. Early lvls in that and just e,q go out. That damage HURTS and with e he is almost untouchable when retreating.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 1:17am | Report
think karma could use a rework maybe :D.

i mean, they announced it but it's been a while already, and we haven't seen any progress.
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 2:07am | Report
IceCreamy wrote:

I do usually. Simply because I don't want to put points in E and W is pretty dumb to max first (though I have tried it, too). And hey, gotta level something :P Besides, Q lets you trade way better, especially alongside a support such as Janna, Blitzcrank or Leona.

Did you really mean her W is ****? Noooooooooooooo trist is a ****ing aggressive lane and you want to kill idiots specially at your Elo .. And in general you want to max the W for burst and cdr... Sich .. Secondly you should usuelly put 2 lvls in E and start with Q at 8 .. Thats how you should usually so et..

Regarding the op - trist: Yeah a toggle on/Off would be great

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 2:44am | Report
Talon's range is small and his gapcloser leaves him vulnerable. Either you go in and die or your team kills everyone.

And WTF his damage in lane comes from his w not his eq derp -_-

Trist's jump is stupid though

Also please refrain from vaguely speaking about lane switches. Firstly teams don't always lane switch when "they feel pressured". Teams factor in buff control and dragon control along with the potential of the top laner going bot. Secondly, both teams do it. Lane swapping is the mind game of the current competitive scene.

One example: Blue team lane swaps and puts a no-escape top laner bot(eg: olaf). Purple doesn't swap and has jungle Ali. Ali takes blue and purple team bot lane pushes. Ali can then come in bot for a 1v2 dive at early levels to secure FB.

Er and abt elo: Sure anyone can get 1500 elo if they put effort into it. That's just like saying "I can get all A's if I wanted to" in school. That's just like saying "I can develop a game like LoL if I invest the time". You're oversimplifying things. How people put in effort and maintain it is what makes the extraordinary stand out from the average.
Also, elo doesn't necessarily represent knowledge of a game, but getting there surely does prove something.

I honestly do not know any >1200 elo player that has ever had any correct ideas abt the game. If there were one, then he / she would be a person who has improved dramatically and has not touched ranked in quite a while.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 4:32am | Report
:D, maxing q on tristana... silly people...
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 7:22am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Secondly, does it matter that I'm 17?

Nobody has ever given a **** about what a 17 year old had to say about anything.
Lugignaf wrote:

I have valid opinions too ya know.

No, your opinions are unfounded and wrong. I, however, speak from personal experience.
Lugignaf wrote:

Does it matter that I don't do ranked? Sure I may not be professional 2200 ELO like you over there Mr. Bigshot but what I know is still relevant to my ELO. You know, where the majority of people are?

Yeah, and you, like the majority of the people that play this game, are kinda stupid, and know nothing about the game. Grats. what little wrong information you cling to is relevant to the normal games you play. Have fun.
Lugignaf wrote:

Ganked implies no escape spells. Last I checked, Tristana has one of the better escape spells at her disposal. 2 past 6, and 3 with flash.

Ok. make sure to apologize to your support as you shove the lane, and jump away when trouble comes, only to watch your support get 1v3'd
Lugignaf wrote:

Still on the topic of ganking, what about counter-ganks? What about if the enemy jungler is to low to attempt anything? What about if they're somewhere else?

Counter ganking doesn't occur in solo queue without luck. You need to have 4+ wards on the map extremely early just to have a shot at counterganking. And even then, there's still luck to it because you have to be close enough when their jungler pops out to gank your top etc.
Lugignaf wrote:

You can't just say "pushing is bad because you get ganked," and call it there. You have to take any and all possible factors into account.

I have. Pushing is bad because you get ganked, idiot. Wait for tristana to push, and then just freeze the wave and watch as she can no longer farm. gg.

Lugignaf wrote:

Also, excuse me if I don't play ADC. I have other people to do that for me while I play my better roles of top, mid and jungle. Or even, *gasp* support!

That's ok! I'm glad you decided to come in here and spew a torrent of ******** and misinformation about ADC's, even though you don't play ADC! I think that's really cool and brave of you to just put your head down, stick your fingers in your ears, and just start typing random ****, no matter how little you actually understand this game.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide