Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Normal games - Why they are bad for your health

Creator: beaker June 10, 2011 2:53pm
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 4:21pm | Report
I play both. Where do I sit on this? Normal games to learn the basics, ranked to improve and understand where you are as a player. That make sense? Take what you know from both to become a better player.

Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 4:22pm | Report
B-Wong wrote:

I play both. Where do I sit on this? Normal games to learn the basics, ranked to improve and understand where you are as a player. That make sense? Take what you know from both to become a better player.

Winner.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Jnutz8652
<Member>
Jnutz8652's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 8:29pm | Report
^^ for reals. I like both...either way you get whiners and ranked is SOOOO much harder but if you like the full LOL exp (the way a game should be played based of stats and stuff like that) I would suggest ranked, you learn so much about the game this way. also you have to consider both are totally played diferent. people tend to play losely in normal cuzz it's not so bad iif you do lose. however it's a much more defensive game when you get into ranked. I like both personaly.
I wanna be in the league!
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 8:37pm | Report
I find normals to be harder than ranked..
ranked in LoL is just TROLOLOLOLO.
In ranked your team locks their chars at different times. In normal if a guy takes a random char that's not good for the team I have no problem switching, in ranked it completely fcks up your team.
In ranked there's an extremely high ammount of feeders and leavers. In normal it's not very common to have a single person screw up the entire game.
In ranked everyone is playing too hard in order to win, so if someone does something wrong everyone starts nerdraging and you pretty much lose the game thanks to all the rage. In normals it doesn't happen unless someone really is sucking on purpose.

In normals you actually have to play the whole game. Most games go past the 40 min mark and are not decided at the first 15 mins. In ranked it's mostly luck, because once one of the above happens your chance of winning is pretty much 0 since people give up on winning and start to drag everyone down.

Real men play normals, ranked is for sissies.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 8:38pm | Report
I wanna be, the very best...

So I play ranked.

When I don't have enough sleep/practice/time, I play normals.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
welshdrag
<Member>
welshdrag's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 10:37pm | Report
Because normal is where you can win a 3v5, where you can get 25 kills 13 towers and a quadra kill in one game! AND ITS WHERE I CAN BUILD A 6-TIAMAT OLAF IF IT ****ING PLEASES ME.

Tanky is a prefix to DPS, don't **** with me about Jarvan tank.
Shak3y
<Member>
Shak3y's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 10:47pm | Report
I thought normal games were winner. Untill i started playing ranked. You go back to normal after doing a **** load of ranked. You see the difference.

Less warding
Less effort!!!
Less understanding of positioning

generally, the overall standard in a normal game of an individual player is less, inc myself.

I dont play as hard in a normal game as i do in ranked. Why?
Because if you put that much focus into a game all the time you wont enjoy it. I play normal just to switch off. I dont care if i win/lose normal. Its a game mode i use to chill out in.
Think. analysis. and improve you game. Always
welshdrag
<Member>
welshdrag's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 10:53pm | Report
I'm trying to pull myself out of negative win/losses in normal >.> Damn I sucked early on. I think I'm -9 after a 7-win streak carrying jarvan. used to be -25 --'

Tanky is a prefix to DPS, don't **** with me about Jarvan tank.
AnIh
<Member>
AnIh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 10:58pm | Report
in my position ranked are much more easy than normal , totaly logical stuff
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 11:24pm | Report
BWONG nailed it. I play ranked to improve as a player. The statistics this season is a neat feature, and a number that bases your skill in a Premade Group in 3v3, Your Solo Queue Skill in 5v5, and your Premade 5's Skill in 5v5 is neat too. Sometimes, people get too worked up around elo, but it's needed.

When it comes to normals, people usually don't take it seriously and troll. I can't vouch and say that for everyone, but it's generally true. Now, who am I to be talking **** like that? Alright, I'll give you some facts about me! Not to stroke epeen or anything, just to give my voice a little more 'punch' if you know what I'm talking about.

Normal Queue: I've played with people like Stonewall008, Salce, Imaqtpie. EXTREMELY GOOD PLAYERS. I'm in their normal queue elo. Generally, I'll get good players, but I can say for MYSELF that 99% of the time, I get trolls. What do I mean by trolling? By blatantly building a character wrong/griefing. My Normal Queue ELO is 220 more wins than losses. Also known as, 220+ up.

Ranked Queue : Solo Queue is currently 1602. Pretty good, but not that good. I feel like I can get higher, but I get a lot of 'noobs' and 'feeders'. Even though it's tough, it happens to everyone at every elo. If there is a 'feeder' or 'noob' in your elo, it's because they don't belong there. I believe in that good players make bad players. If they did bad, they will continue to lose elo until they get into their correct elo bracket. For etc, if I go 10/0/10 as Corki at 1600 elo, it means that I have the potential to be higher elo. Play more games, they will decide their fate.

For myself, Normals are just full of 'trolls'. Although Normal has elo, it isn't tangible elo that is easily recognizable. Also, the Ranked Statistics are cool too. For me, I queue Normals when I need to warm up or to just goof around sometimes. Ranked is for srsbsness. +rep to OP and Bwong

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide