Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Normal games - Why they are bad for your health

Creator: beaker June 10, 2011 2:53pm
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 11:59pm | Report
Normals are boring as hell after you've played Ranked. I even first timed Rumble in Ranked because Normals are so boring (won). The only people who talk **** about Elo and Ranked games are people who haven't played them much l0l

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2011 12:04am | Report
i play league of legends, and well every game really, the way they were supposed to be played. to have fun. to me having fun is playing normal games because ranked games are full of tryhards that care about their epeens too much to have fun.

just because im no stonewall, or xaioli, doesnt mean i should play ranked games to better myself. i enjoy playing games with the people i do and against the teams i play against at whatever elo normal uses for me.

edit: i've played with imaqtpie as well xaioli, he said barely anything at all and i could feel this smug sense of superiority because everyone but him was unranked. he frequents the /v/ channel. only game i've ever seen him play as well he usually sits quiet in the channel too.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
AnIh
<Member>
AnIh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2011 12:12am | Report
i will never understand how trying to win make you have no fun unless your with ppl happy to make their team lose .
in every other game all ppl try to win and have fun doing so , why lol community is so ******ed ?
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2011 12:15am | Report
@Cauch: If you find people to worried about their epeen just throw the game haha =P

Once you start playing Ranked you'll never look back
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2011 12:18am | Report
I'd chime in with something inspiring but, in every ranked stream I've seen (HSGG, GuadsmanBob) those guys seem worked up over some of the most minor things. IDK about you guys but, I don't want to be one of those people. If anything, I'd say that ranked is bad for your health as it's putting a ton of unnecessary pressure on you. That's never good.
EDIT: I'm playing this game for fun. IDK about you but, if being the absolute best is what you define as fun, go ahead. I won't stop you.
True love is found only in yourself.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2011 1:35am | Report

And guess what, people troll ranked games just as much as they troll normal games. Hell, if I was gonna troll I'd go troll a ranked game, because the people there would freak out SO much more.

Actually, Riot's statistics (I read a post once) that proportionally, there are less troll-reports from normals than there are from ranked games.
Naturally, there are a LOT more normal games simply due to population differences, but talking purely ratios, ranked games would have far more troll-related reports.

A lot more.

B-Wong wrote:

I play both. Where do I sit on this? Normal games to learn the basics, ranked to improve and understand where you are as a player. That make sense? Take what you know from both to become a better player.

This does not apply to your average gamer who is content with their levels of achievement.

Either because we recognize we're good enough, or we're too stupid to notice we need to improve.
Aye. The rational content gamer, and the irrational noob gamer. Both of these form a huge population of well-adjusted peeps.

Adonikam wrote:

Normals are boring as hell after you've played Ranked. I even first timed Rumble in Ranked because Normals are so boring (won). The only people who talk **** about Elo and Ranked games are people who haven't played them much l0l

Define boring.

If you think it's too easy, a lot of people find that fun. For a majority of gamers (that means more then the people who seek challenges), easy fed wins are equally enjoyable relative to long-evenly-fought hard wins.

In my normal elo bracket (whatever that is) I hardly ever see any junglers. Sometimes I do, and then we get a tough game.
But, when I don't... Buahahahaha. Fun times. That is all.

AnIh wrote:

i will never understand how trying to win make you have no fun unless your with ppl happy to make their team lose .
in every other game all ppl try to win and have fun doing so

Wanting to win doesn't mean you automatically play well...
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
AnIh
<Member>
AnIh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2011 1:37am | Report
JunSupport wrote:

Wanting to win doesn't mean you automatically play well...

i know but ppl in LoL are HAPPY to be bad and lose , they dont try to win .
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2011 1:39am | Report
AnIh wrote:

i know but ppl in LoL are HAPPY to be bad and lose , they dont try to win .

AnIh wrote:

ppl in LoL are HAPPY to be bad and lose

AnIh wrote:

HAPPY to be bad

YOU. HAVE. NO IDEA.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Atarios
<Member>
Atarios's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2011 2:43am | Report
lol , solo queue just chucks players together , so why would you be angry at at solo queue?
Thanks Jhoi,Xenasis,JEFFY40HANDS for the Sigs ! :D
welshdrag
<Member>
welshdrag's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2011 3:58am | Report
To the tight***es who only play ranked and have no other opinions:

Ur lame

Tanky is a prefix to DPS, don't **** with me about Jarvan tank.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide