Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Normal games - Why they are bad for your health

Creator: beaker June 10, 2011 2:53pm
1 2 3 4 5
beaker
<Member>
beaker's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 2:53pm | Report
So you play normal games in League of Legends, do you? That is such a pity! What is a normal game, exactly?
A normal game the following statistics to your profile: wins, take downs, minions killed.

These 3 statistics is all you can look at as a result of grinding normal games. Have you played Ranked Solo Q lately? No? Why not? You would rather have fun than stress yourself out about who will win and who will lose?
Play at least 15 ranked games before playing any normal games and I guarantee you that that "stress" will be far from sight. Oh, so now you say that are you bad... Well that's why I made this post! This is a guide. A Ranked Solo Q guide. Why take advice from me? Well, I've been to the 7s, 8s, 9s, 10s, 11s, 12s, 13s, 14s, 15s, and even 16s. I wasn't always good at this game, hence I've been to the 7s, 8s, 9s, and 10s.
Ranked games mean so much more than normal games. They are so much more valuable. At the end of the day you will feel like you truly accomplished something.

So, now on with the GUIDE.
IF you are not level 30, reading this is not recommended.

The Guide starts HERE

Chapter 1: Understanding The Game

First of all, before you can even prepare yourself for the game, you have to understand it.

-Types of characters

There are various types of characters in League of Legends. There's tanks, carries, and bruisers.
Roles
Tanks
These guys are in charge of leading the way and protecting their carries.
Carries
These guys are easy to kill, but if you can't GET to them, they can easily kill YOU.
Bruisers
These guys are important too. They are in charge of assassinating the enemy team's carries.
Supports
These guys are simply trying to keep everyone on their team alive.

You MUST know how to play 2 of these 4 roles.

Personally, I use full defensive runes on tanks, a blend of penetration and defensive runes on bruisers, and I don't play carries or supports.

Carries can be broken down into 2 types of carries. There are AP carries and AD carries.

There are PLENTY of carries, supports, bruisers, and tanks.
Pick 2 or more.
Pick your favorite champion from the roles you picked.
Now go to the official league of legends Wiki and search for those champions.
Memorize their statistics.
(I know that this seems like a lot, but once you do it, it's done, and it doesn't take very long)

Now before we move on, I'll make sure you know the VERY basics.
You win by destroying the enemy's Nexus.
In order to destroy the enemy team's Nexus, you must destroy all the towers in the lane and the 1 inhibitor at the end of it.

Chapter 2: Preparation

Now you have to get CRACKING at what runes you need to use and what masteries you need to use. You also have to map out your item builds.

This is the part where you have to be good at math. :)
I can't list what is good for every champion in the league, you lazy ***!
But take all possible enemy team compositions into consideration.
I CAN tell you a thing or two about summoner spells.
For carries, you want to have ghost and flash. (if you are jungling, YOU MUST HAVE SMITE)
For bruisers, you want to have exhaust and ignite, exhaust and ghost, exhaust and flash, ghost and ignite, or ignite and flash. (if you are jungling, YOU MUST HAVE SMITE)
For tanks, you sort of have free reign. (if you are jungling, YOU MUST HAVE SMITE)
For supports, you want to have clairvoyance and flash. (if you are jungling, YOU MUST HAVE SMITE)
Did I mention the fact that you need smite to jungle? I did? OK!
ITEMS
As a bruiser, you want to get a mixture of offensive and defensive items.
As a tank, you want to be able to soak as much damage as you can, so just get defensive items.
As a support, you want to get aura items or ability power (depends on champion)
As a carry, you want to get offensive items and maybe a Banshee's Veil.
Now you are ready to jump into the fray.

Chapter 3: Champion Select

Communication is key. Make sure you fill whatever role you think your team needs.
Make sure someone on your team is jungling.
Hmm. So you don't know how to jungle and no one on your team is jungling?
Well, jungling is rather easy. Just pick up a cloth armor and 5 health potions, and go to random monster camps. If you are starting at a red buff or a blue buff, ask your team mates to leash it or help you kill it.

Chapter 4: EARLY GAME

Look at how far you've gone! You are opening yourself up to a completely different League of Legends experience!

Now, the first thing you need to do is figure out which team is a stronger level 1 team. IF you are confident that your team is stronger at level 1, you should try to gank the enemy team in their jungle. IF not, defend your own jungle. Stay together, if one of you gets picked off, you will give FB to the enemy team.
Lane Phase

Now after minions spawn and your jungler is good to go, you gotta get to your lanes. One person lanes top.
1 person lanes middle. Bottom lane can be 2 different things. It can be a solo lane or a duo lane. If you have a roamer, which is someone who simply roams the map looking for good ganks, bottom lane is a solo lane. If you do not have a roamer, bottom lane is a duo lane.
Now you really just want to last hit minions. That's all you want to do. You need to get farmed so you can buy awesome items. BUT do NOT push your lane. If you push the lane, you're asking to get ganked by the enemy's roamer and/or jungler. Remember to keep the dragon warded. Killing the dragon is very rewarding for your entire team.
Keep up the communication. If an enemy goes mia, say so!

Mid and Late

Keep baron warded. farm. split push. backdoor. stay together. may the best team win?
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 3:07pm | Report
Or...

I could just solo-queue a normal game. Play how I play because I know it's the best way, and have fun.

Fun > Whatever "value" your ranked game has.
I'm not here to be a try-hard. And, I like how the explanation for "Fun" is 10x shorter. :3
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
beaker
<Member>
beaker's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 3:16pm | Report
JunSupport wrote:

Or...

I could just solo-queue a normal game. Play how I play because I know it's the best way, and have fun.

Fun > Whatever "value" your ranked game has.
I'm not here to be a try-hard. And, I like how the explanation for "Fun" is 10x shorter. :3

I guarantee you that it is always more fun to comprehend the meaning behind what you are doing.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 3:17pm | Report
beaker wrote:

But being a tryhard is fun.

Now look what you did, good sir. You have created a paradox.

He's just saying that the sole reason to play ranked is for ELO and Draft Mode.

There is no reason otherwise that ranked is any different than a normal game.
Tri lane for life.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 3:19pm | Report
^^ Despite what everyone seems to think...
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 3:29pm | Report
@Beaker:

My meaning for playing is the violence, fantasy-art graphics, and consistent game structure.

I want to last-hit.
I want to kill enemy champions.
I want to break their towers.

And then I want penetrate and violate their base!

I do the last bit very well with Blitzcrank. I just rush in there with my team busting inhibitors, smash people up with Power Fist, then Overdrive + Flash-over-the-wall like a boss. ^_^

Did you know that normal games have ELO too?
Dun dun DUUUN!!!

What I don't want is visible ELO, or people who care about that.

Being a try-hard is stressful. Especially if you lose.
And if you win, it's never enough. "MUST... BECOME... THE RAIN MAN!!"

Did you know normal games have more casual and intelligent people then ranked games, who get reported less? It's true! Riot has the statistics!!
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 3:37pm | Report
And guess what, people troll ranked games just as much as they troll normal games. Hell, if I was gonna troll I'd go troll a ranked game, because the people there would freak out SO much more.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 3:57pm | Report
Why do i feel insulted by this post...

I only play normal games, and i wuld prob kick your *** any day of the week...

I play normals becouse it is more fun. End!
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 4:13pm | Report
Some people actually like the challenge. ;x
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar