Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Not enjoying this game anymore

Creator: I post stuff January 29, 2014 3:03am
1 2
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2014 1:41pm | Report
You are going to find these types of people all over the place if you decide to keep gaming. The Internet is a place that is filled to the rim with people who project insecurities. It is a coping mechanism for a lot of people. Even me. I try to maintain a calm and collected persona online, because if you were to meet me in person, I would be a nervous wreck sitting in the corner and just trying to avoid contact. Those people who are toxic and flinging degrading comments are scared of being weak so they try to make themselves seem stronger. That's all it is.
DeltaOperator
<Member>
DeltaOperator's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2014 11:10am | Report

Well I don't think this problem is LoL specific. People of this age are like this, especially when their goal is to win rather than to improve. Best of luck finding another team-based game that doesn't have a whole bunch of toxic players.

The game itself is fun to me and no one can stand in my way to improve so I don't really care what anyone says ingame. I personally think changing your attitude towards it can help a whole lot but if it's the game itself you don't like, then uninstalling was a good decision.

No truer words have ever been spoken. People want instantaneous results and don't want to put the time and work required to achieve it.

They expect to become pro's over two weeks of playing the game and instantly flame out on people who "don't live up to their standards".

I think it's hilarious when people start flaming early game about how someone is so horrible and then by the end of the game the person they were talking about has a KDA that makes them look stupid.

I don't remember who said it before but I agree with them whoever it was, the best way to rectify stupid... is to rise above and just play the best you can. Especially when you are the one making them look dumb.

At the end of the day.. people running their mouth don't matter to me. Honestly what is it going to matter come the next game? Good Luck man, hope you figure it out and find the fun again.
Inquisitor_Kane
<Member>
Inquisitor_Kane's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2014 1:46pm | Report
Of course, there is lots of ******s who are bad at the game and are trying to make up for it with toxicity. I was on the verge of uninstalling as well, but I love this game too much to do it.

Nowadays - even the slightest direct rant against me I solve with MUTE button. Last time, I made a mistake and died, while my ADC escaped with about 50hp. He said just "u tard thresh?" and I muted him asap. Thanks to that I could focus on not doing stupid stuff again. This works for me in 10 out of 10 games.

If the enemy is toxic, I don't enjoy that game, but at least it is a free win for me (free LP or IP or both). Then I enjoy reporting them. If my team starts a flame war, I try to calm them down with one sentence, two if they play OK. If it doesn't help, I mute the ******ed ones and don't care anymore. I heard in high elo people are not so toxic.

GENERALLY, I FOCUS ON ME PLAYING GOOD, NOT THEM BEING *******S.

And sometimes you can find nice people around. Just get them to your friend list and if you can get 4 or more of them, create a team and play 5v5. Like that, you will play only with good, non toxic pals and I am sure you will enjoy the game again.

Or, as everyone says, you can still masturbate while uninstalling... or did I get that one wrong?
I thank myself for this awesome sig!!!
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2014 5:29pm | Report
High solo queue ELO people are the worst. They think them being decent at a video game makes them important in life. Toshabi loves dangling those lost souls by their strings.
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2014 6:02pm | Report
As far as the flamers and rages go, it hasn't gotten better for me all the way up to plat 3
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2014 6:08pm | Report
I hear plat's actually the worst as far as ragers go.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
NateDog13
<Member>
NateDog13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2014 6:30pm | Report
MyRepublic wrote:

I hear plat's actually the worst as far as ragers go.

Plat 5 all the way to Diamond 4. Such rage.
-Check out my Lucian Guide (Click the Picture above, 4 Current Builds)!-

Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2014 9:32pm | Report
Please, just last game where we had plats vs plats and due to Riot's massive lag we were playing 2 v 5, we were just joking about everything.

The chat was something like this:

Me: "u fakin san of bits, comere"
Munder: "fak u ***** ima gona raep ur moma"
Me: "lol my moma is ded wat u gona do nao?"
Munder: "f u"
Me: "thats wat ur mama said last night h4h4h4h4h4h4"
Munder: "ikr"
Me: "never relised we wer havin treesome"
Munder: "u fakin raep my ***"
Me: "f u munder"
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.