Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Official QQ Thread

Creator: jhoijhoi June 6, 2011 7:25am
17992 posts - page 1565 of 1800
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2015 8:40am | Report
@Latest Legend, that dude wasn't autistic. Either a troll, or just highly delusional. We still have one of those remaining on the site.
Indeed. So why do people call each other autistic instead of saying they're rude and/or ignorant? Is it a synonym? I don't think so.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2015 1:56pm | Report
play with a duo bot lane get flack for not ganking. Heaven forbid I step on a ward because they don't know what Vision control is and I step on a ward every time I try.
Shaddofokkusu
<Member>
Shaddofokkusu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2015 6:05pm | Report
In some cases having the icons too show you're an offender is a layer of transparency and in some cases it's good. However I have seen it used against a lot of people on forum threads as well and in some cases some people would message me to remove it for them because they would catch a lot of down votes or flak for even having the mark on their name. It's a tough call for sure if whether or not it's good to have that transparency showing someone has broken rules or not.
Nebrasketball
<Inhouse Regular>
Nebrasketball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2015 10:03pm | Report
Like a scarlet letter?
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2015 11:23pm | Report
I think it's sort of like that, yea. But would it only stay while they're banned or would it persist after they're back? More importantly, would it indicate what the user got banned for? Because IMO it's kinda pointless if it ends up being a "Look, this person got banned! See, we do give bans!" without kinda saying what they were banned for.

Example: Say Sirnik does magically get reinstated to the forum, which I doubt will happen. Will he have an unremovable badge saying something along the lines of, "Temp banned in the past for (fill in the blank)" until the end of time? Probably not, because that would require dev work and also probably isn't super pressing of a matter, but also a solution.

I dunno, maybe I'm just adding stupid to an idea here. :V
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2015 12:22am | Report
If we're going to have the "this guy has been bad on forums" badge the admins may as well perma-ban those people. In the end, the result would be the same. They either leave or make an alt account. Even if someone "reforms", the badge would be a hindrance more than an incentive.

On the other hand, thread-specific bans, maybe restrictions to access/post in some sections for a given amount of time could be useful (i.e. can't vote/comment on guides, can't post in "serious" threads), but that would need a good stratification of the forums, or at least a way to differentiate the threads so that toxic members can only enter after some spec has been accomplished (having to wait for 10 people to post; not being able to necro threads; whatever else that was thought by someone that knows about this stuff).
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2015 12:47am | Report
Fair enough.

But, we have actually banned people from threads. It's not an elegant way to ban, we literally just say "stop posting here" and then that's basically it. As to physically stop them from posting in threads, not something we can do exactly.
True love is found only in yourself.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2015 3:01am | Report
Was offline for two days, missed everything, QQ.
Teemoshy
<Member>
Teemoshy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2015 1:38pm | Report
I had to put down one of my chickens this morning because she hurt her leg and hasn't gotten better in like 2 weeks 8[ I hate when I have to do that sort of thing. Is sad.
Teemoshy sucks with GIMP

Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2015 2:24pm | Report
sirell wrote:
Was offline for two days, missed everything, QQ.

All you missed was the end of SirNik posting days here on MobaFire.

I missed most of it as well and I had to PM HiFromBudha for the exact details. So if want them you can PM me or someone else who saw it first hand.

But we really need to just let the QQ Thread be a QQ thread again and not a "lets talk about SirNiks punishment or how to make the banning phase better" That's a topic that would better be suited for it's own thread. And just the latter of the two.

Now time for my QQ, I have lost all motivation to play League the past few days ugh, I feel sluggish and just overall tried.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide