Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

One confused Teemo here

Creator: Cat the Trollific June 30, 2011 2:51pm
1 2 3 4
Shak3y
<Member>
Shak3y's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2011 10:54am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

It actually when he gets hit by a champ or tower. Him attacking has nothing to do with that.

what i meant. badly worded i guess.
Think. analysis. and improve you game. Always
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2011 11:12am | Report
The Rain Man is a TOOL!!!! (My least favorite player to watch)

Teemo is not a standard Carry however you play him. AD(Tank killer/Pusher) AP (Team Support/Disabler/Nuke).

AP Teemo is not **** Searz, simply requires a different mind set to play IMO.

However if that comment is in reference to current NA meta game then AP Teemo is a lot more under powered than AD Teemo. Triforce's suddenly THOUSANDS OF THEM EVERYWHERE!!!!!

Anyway just because a champ is not popular or very powerful at the moment (YORICK *cough, cough*) Doesn't mean you have to listen to the crowd and NOT play them. LoL normals are meant to be relatively fun. Ranked are supposed to be fun too but it normally devolves into people trying to tell you hot to play your champ, QQing on your build, *****ing at this that and the other....thankfully /ignore comes in handy. Do what you want, build/play etc how you want.

Side note @Searz: And we should all bow down to the pros and their opinions about everything? The rain man has some of the worst ABSOLUTE worst games imagineable with champs he is "supposedly" pro with. If I had to choose someone to listen to about what works and what doesn't I'd go to 1500 rated Guardsman Bob (Even though he's predominantly EU meta) over THERAINMAN "LOOK AT ME I TYPE IN CAPS BECUASE IM PROTROLL". At least Guardsman might give an unbiased, non narsasstic(SP?) view on all the champs he plays and how he plays.

And yes I've read his guide, and I still prefered AP teemo after reading it.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2011 11:36am | Report
Then you're just a baddie.

I've always thought AP Teemo was ****. The blog entry on it just confirmed my thoughts.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2011 11:39am | Report
hey guys let's get rain man's reasoning about AP teemo again:

Quoted:
AP teemo cannot farm well at all, is constantly HP starved, and is way too heavily reliant on shrooms to do damage. Basically the way I see it, every shroom you use in lane for killing creeps is one less shroom that can be used for lane/map control. As for AP Teemo's scaling with his E spell, its not nearly substantial enough to justify building AP, especially since in teamfights AP teemo will be the first target, and won't get off alot of autoattacks as basically a melee mage. Mages need to be able to sit at a distance and dish out damage while staying out of harm's way, and teemo's short autoattack range does not allow him to dish out damage effectively without putting him at risk.

Post-nerf Edit: AP Teemo is even less viable as shroom damage is nerfed, cooldown is insane, and AP Teemo has even less presence on a map.

However, some early game AP from runes might be viable. If you find yourself going more of an AP build, just make sure you can still fight in a 1v1 setting without getting instagibbed.

Also note that in addition to that, a simple investment of 400 gold will literally shut down about 60% of your damage. While AP Teemo may be very good against unorganized PUBs, he won't stand a chance in competitive play.

Also @Jeffy: The Rain Man also has many AMAZING games with champions he's "pro" with. He carried a Dreamhack game once as Teemo, using his own AD build. He carried Solomid vs. AAA game 1 as Jarvan. You can't take a look at a few games where The Rain Man messes up and suddenly think, "Well, I shouldn't take his advice anymore."
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2011 12:24pm | Report
I saw those games. He did well, I can't deny it, doesn't stop the multiple other facts that lead to me not taking him seriosuly as a reliable source of information or more to the point, I would rather get my questions answered by someone else. They made a big deal about "his Frozen Mallet" build. He did well but I was more interested about Reginald on TF (I think that was the same game right?). And Regi did terrible which sucked :/.

@Searz: /shrug to each their own I guess. Free internet (for the most part).

Either way MY PERSONAL OPINION was that AP Teemo is not ****.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide