Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

One confused Teemo here

Creator: Cat the Trollific June 30, 2011 2:51pm
Shak3y
<Member>
Shak3y's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2011 7:21pm | Report
Hmmm, so.... sorry to piss on your teemo parade. But for the most part he is a bad champion. There are other, much better carries than teemo. Early game he is a very easy target esp if you over extend even slightly with him.
He is very easily focused as his "ghost" stops when he gets into combat. Even with an auto attack.
If you build AP teemo you lose all effectiveness in team fights. If the enemy team is smart they will have an oracle. Which shuts down teemo making all team fights a 4v5.

In saying this, i will defend teemo with the counter argument.

If you are against a team with ad fighter champs like noct trundle etc. Teemo is useful. Also, when built tanky, teemo can destroy a tanky team. Unfortunately this will not happen every game.

In summary, teemo is a situational champion. In ranked he should be a last pick to counter a team as i stated above. I understand this comment will anger some people, but I'm just giving argument with reason.
However, if you enjoy playing teemo, then play teemo. This game is supposed to be fun, so don't let people take that away from you. If you start playing competitive/ranked games though, then understand that teemo isn't the right choice everytime.

Cat i hope you understand what i am trying to put across here and not take what i am saying as an insult.

with regards,
Shak3y
Think. analysis. and improve you game. Always
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2011 7:38pm | Report
Shak3y wrote:

He is very easily focused as his "ghost" stops when he gets into combat. Even with an auto attack.

It actually when he gets hit by a champ or tower. Him attacking has nothing to do with that.
True love is found only in yourself.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2011 9:31pm | Report
He's a pretty good champ if you know how to play him.
Most people have no clue how to build him right though, so if you see a teemo on a solo queue then he probably sucks.

My teemo owns btw
Devilesse
<Member>
Devilesse's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2011 9:34pm | Report
Shak3y wrote:

Hmmm, so.... sorry to piss on your teemo parade. But for the most part he is a bad champion. There are other, much better carries than teemo. Early game he is a very easy target esp if you over extend even slightly with him.
If you build AP teemo you lose all effectiveness in team fights. If the enemy team is smart they will have an oracle. Which shuts down teemo making all team fights a 4v5.

In saying this, i will defend teemo with the counter argument.

If you are against a team with ad fighter champs like noct trundle etc. Teemo is useful. Also, when built tanky, teemo can destroy a tanky team. Unfortunately this will not happen every game.

In summary, teemo is a situational champion. In ranked he should be a last pick to counter a team as i stated above. I understand this comment will anger some people, but I'm just giving argument with reason.
However, if you enjoy playing teemo, then play teemo. This game is supposed to be fun, so don't let people take that away from you. If you start playing competitive/ranked games though, then understand that teemo isn't the right choice everytime.

Cat i hope you understand what i am trying to put across here and not take what i am saying as an insult.

with regards,
Shak3y

Actually, I think that you're referring to "Move Quick", to which I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the skill itself.

Yes, the passive effect for Move Quick is much like Miss Fortune's Strut as it only is effective until poked. However, if you cast it like an active, it is basically your very own Ghost skill, only better. The effect will not be removed upon being hit.

As explained by someone earlier in the thread, you'd need a hell of a lot of wards to mark each area you suspect would have a mushroom placed. Oracle as a matter of fact can only be put on a range to counter Teemos mushrooms, given that getting close to the mushroom will make it explode. This narrows down who will be using oracle.

Oracle is also removed on death, so having a team focus the oracle user who has the pink eye to death would rectify that issue.

Even if Oracle were a viable issue that would cause more harm, Teemo doesn't necessarily have all his power in his shrooms.

Goodbye.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2011 6:53am | Report
FOR THOSE WHO THINK AP IS VIABLE; LOOK UP THERAINMAN'S BLOG ON SOLO MID AND LOOK FOR HIS POST ON AP TEEMO.

AP Teemo is ****.

Wintermond might be able to help with that (I think he was the one who showed it to me).
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
Devilesse
<Member>
Devilesse's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2011 7:07am | Report
Searz wrote:

FOR THOSE WHO THINK AP IS VIABLE; LOOK UP THERAINMAN'S BLOG ON SOLO MID AND LOOK FOR HIS POST ON AP TEEMO.

AP Teemo is ****.

Wintermond might be able to help with that (I think he was the one who showed it to me).

I never even knew that he had a blog, lmao.

But I have seen his opinion on the matter posted around the forums. After trying both methods for Teemo on a regular basis, I have to agree with him.

Goodbye.

Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2011 7:54am | Report
Teemo is a great laner - he can pretty easily shut down most AD carries. He also has decent early burst, but a lot of sustained damage, so he can deal quite a bit of damage. Lastly, he has his shrooms, which makes his okay-for-an-AD-carry skillset 100x better. The shrooms take him from being outclassed to being a perfect pick for many situations.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2011 8:36am | Report
I have the same opinion, Teemo is a useless trash champ against a decent team, if the enemie team is garbage teemo is good, but then again u would have won with any other hero then teemo too.
The only good thing in Teamfights is his blind, the other good thing bout Teemo are the map control he can get trough shrooms. ofc hes one of the best splitpusher in the games but splitpushing is ******** if, as i said, Enemie team is decent.
I hate it when a Teemo is in my Team, im like "ah ok" when he goes at least a AD-Carry build, but i want to hit em with a giant trout as soon as he buys AP T_T
deathalo44
<Member>
deathalo44's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2011 8:42am | Report
Teemo's mushrooms is not his primary skill ; in my opinion, the poison is the best. In a teamfight, in my opinion, you are supposed to stay REALLY safe, because there is almost no one you can 1v1 and win (Against ADs, they wait for your blind to end and r@pe you, if they get unlucky, the die, against AP, spells aren't affected by blind, against tanks, you can't win since they are too hard to kill and against supports, they can heal). So therefore, in my opinion, teemo is a finisher, harrasser and a chaser, but not so good as a damager in team fights.
Amumu Guide :D

Eve guide :D

Hope whatever I say helps! :D

PS : Not all my criticism is good. Most of the time, I just talk like that anyway. So forgive me if you get offended, unless you just can't look from my angle, or at least close enough.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2011 9:27am | Report
Teemo's original Toxic Shot rework hurt him big time in lane.

Blinding Dart got hurt pretty bad too.

They nerfed his new Move Quick and the timer on his Shrooms, so now he's pretty insignificant.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide