Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Possible Support changes?

Creator: OTGBionicArm July 30, 2012 1:38pm
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 3:04pm | Report
Yea my problem is with what it does to effect supports. I had no idea AP supports were being abused. I don't care about that. I care about how it effect support meta. :/
Arkharan
<Member>
Arkharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 3:13pm | Report
As a support player I approve of this. ^

ty xaiolu for the sign :3
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 3:23pm | Report
Point being that they want to change the 0cs support meta. Nerfing healbots made bot more aggressive. Nerfing gp10 does slow some supports down if they do go 0cs but some (janna, alistar, taric, leona) do incredibly well with only a pair of boots tbh. This allows them to spam wards which counters aggression (mostly) and thus promotes.

Basically what morello is saying is: "ap carries need items to do their work, ad carries and tanks/tanky dps/offtanks offtanks the same. Why shouldn't cc-supports need the same?"

If this goes through we will see way more of a killane bot with say leona/jarvan splitting farm, ad and ap mid/top. Or we find ad-carries having less farm late game and full tanks being on the flavour again. Since now the dps of full build ad rips anyone apart, armour or no.

I like the idea!
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 3:38pm | Report
Yes, true. But currently, AD Carries, Top Laners and Mid casters need all the farm they get to do what they do. Junglers and Supports don't, they are there for assistance. They aren't there to carry the game unless they HAVE to.

What would it do to those characters if suddenly a support HAD to CS to get items to be relevant at what they do?
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 3:40pm | Report
Good thing if they force Supports to stack AP so the *****ING BOTTOM CHANGES FROM THE *****ING META.
Over and out
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 3:42pm | Report
AP Soraka mid was broken because she was so tanky and had so much sustain she was nearly impossible to push out of lane even if you outplayed her. The difference with her and Janna is AP Janna is entirely skill based; she has fairly long cooldowns and her Tornado (14-10 secs) makes up a large part of her damage. While her Zephyr is strong consistent damage it still has a 12-8 second cooldown if I remember correctly. Those cooldowns alone will make her unpopular, it's the reason champions like Annie fell out of flavor and Cassiopeia rose, consistency and quick recovery from a miss/fail.

that said, the reason supports have high ratios and high bases is because they're main job is to ward for their team, most of their gold will be going into wards/oracles and a few items. Hell, they rarely even pay off their g/10 items. There is a very small niche of the community that abuses this, and I wouldn't even say it's that prominent in high elo or tournament play, just because Alex Ich and/or Spammhappy did it once does not mean that it's flawed. Really this continued nerfs hurt 99.99999999% of the population, i think they need to get their priorities straight
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 3:52pm | Report
It would probably affect the playstyle of those supports, i.e. they can't focus solely on harass but some focus on farm instead. Or more aggressive bot laners with more kills and assists.

Some champs like soraka or taric would do well I believe. Sona as well. Cc-trucks will need to decide if being tanky is more important than having cc. Cause hsgg was right about 8 months ago. Building tanky on supports, clearing wards and staying alive whole fights will win you games.

I think a change will be fine though. Them ad carries need to be gotten into the game way earlier. I think this might be it.

But I also see the need for balance. Will this only apply to support champs? Will a fully built cassiopeia stun your team for 4 seconds just because she already builds ap and can max her cc? And if not, how about kennen who builds ap and relies on cc? And Jarvan who can cc your *** off but never build ap?
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 4:02pm | Report
There's no reasonable way to stop the 0cs meta at bot lane currently. Those changes would probably nerf the length of their early game CC's in exchange for later stronger CC. That's silly because AD carries practically rely on their supports strong early CC to get kills or for defense.
Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 4:16pm | Report

There's no reasonable way to stop the 0cs meta at bot lane currently. Those changes would probably nerf the length of their early game CC's in exchange for later stronger CC. That's silly because AD carries practically rely on their supports strong early CC to get kills or for defense.

Not silly at all in my book. If you have a less strong babysitter you might end upp the victim of more aggression. Now that's a good thing. Make botlane more eventful.

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 4:25pm | Report
I'm all for an aggressive bot lane. I just mean if they were to nerf, oh say Janna's slow or Taric's stun early, in exchange for a better CC overall late game, it would be a lot harder for those characters to BE more aggressive in lane.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide