Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Possible Support changes?

Creator: OTGBionicArm July 30, 2012 1:38pm
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 4:31pm | Report
I actually think this is a great idea. AP scaling to make the CC last longer is a good idea. Thats generally how i build my supports anyway (if i DO do the "traditional" support, such as taric or soraka... Generally i do much more aggressive supports).
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 4:43pm | Report
Crows foot wrote:

Not silly at all in my book. If you have a less strong babysitter you might end upp the victim of more aggression. Now that's a good thing. Make botlane more eventful.

won't happen. Professional level play doesn't want bot lane to be eventful (which is why the meta is the way it is right now), they want it to be a farmfest so they can rely on their AD to carry late game. Aside, making it more eventful would probably make games way more lopsided, basically if you lose bot you lose late-game, I highly doubt anyone wants to increase the chance to lose bot, even if it means potentially increasing your chance to win
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 4:45pm | Report
^what Mooninites said, is how i feel.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 4:53pm | Report
Imagine 800ap taric stunning you for 10 seconds...
That is extremely anti fun.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 5:05pm | Report
I am pretty sure it will cap, and his burst will be insane at 800 ap.

But still, I think this is one of the best ways to change the meta. Cause the pro's might not want meta to change but if the mechanics of the game change they will have to change with it or lose out.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Arkharan
<Member>
Arkharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 5:16pm | Report
If you like supporting right now, you don't want the support to change.

ty xaiolu for the sign :3
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 5:23pm | Report
I agree with Morello, but also you have to think about what this might mean in a positive sense as well.

I know they won't do this to Malphite, but what if the attack speed debuff on Malphite's ground slam scaled with AP? What if you got 700 AP and the enemy AD carry's AS was reduced by 80%?

At least consider that there might be -something- interesting that could come out of this. It's probably just code word for a nerf, but we can't know until we see the numbers.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 5:26pm | Report
I like support now but I do play active, aggressive lanes and not passive farmlanes.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 6:03pm | Report
Crows foot wrote:

I am pretty sure it will cap, and his burst will be insane at 800 ap.

But still, I think this is one of the best ways to change the meta. Cause the pro's might not want meta to change but if the mechanics of the game change they will have to change with it or lose out.

Sure, I'm not saying they shouldn't change something for the sole purpose that the 1-.5% of the population wants to keep it said way, but I am saying games will be far more lopsided. Also I think you'd see a decrease in passive lane champions like Ashe and Vayne again in favor of champions with kill potential or strong laning.

Also, there are ways to play "passive supports" aggressively. People consider Soraka boring and passive, but i think she's actually one of the most active supports. I am constantly using starcall and spamming infuse on enemies not to mention auto-attacking. She's actually quite good at this, but people tend to just sit there and spam heal and thats when people consider her boring and toxic. She can be played aggressively if you choose
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Arkharan
<Member>
Arkharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 6:14pm | Report
You like agressive lane? Play agressive supports, problem solved.
What we want is not the actual support to change.
We want more supports! =.=

ty xaiolu for the sign :3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide