Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Proxy Singed

Creator: DillButt64 June 4, 2013 5:08pm
129 posts - page 9 of 13
Alcasea
<Member>
Alcasea's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2013 9:51pm | Report
yeah i think spawn is right. heimer could be a soft counter to this. once he gets two turrets he just place it where singed goes and then he could take care of the his creep waves. this would not kill singed but atleast if he tries to suicde heimer will still get the credit. also it would make singed go low fast.
+rep if i helped or if you just happen to like repping ^^
SpawnOfHell
<Member>
SpawnOfHell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2013 10:28pm | Report
I admittedly mentioned Heimer partially as a joke, though I'd imagine he'd handle this strat better than most since he's the ONLY champion afaik that can defend a lane without actually being present.

However, this doesn't shut down the tactic since Heimer would be forced to follow Singed wherever he goes and use his turrets JUST for the purpose of stopping Singed frpm pushing effectively making the game 4v4. And that doesn't even consider the main issue of how Singed could simply... not go proxy, and voila, you have baited the enemy team to picking Heimer.

Proxy Singed is just too unpredictable and needs to be dealt with.
kT coffee
<Member>
kT coffee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2013 4:01am | Report
you cant consider heimer a counter to this singed strat. heimer wont survive laning phase against singed top lane due to squishiness, low base MS and nothing to escape the inevitable jungle camping (singed will just take the easy route and deny heim himself through killing/denying him), and as such, the only way you could use heimer to counter this is to have him specifically take the time to quit grouping for mid-game objectives to place turrets in between towers. this beats the purpose of trying to deny singed the opportunity to ever proxy, since if he ever gets to mid-game, hes already doing what he wants to.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2013 6:21am | Report
There is no true counter. Every strategy to counter this involves time spent. Even if you manage to stop him every time he gets in the base, it's still time spent to kill him, allowing lanes to push and giving their team better objective control.

Not a perfect and guaranteed win strategy, but effective nonetheless. And very ****ing annoying nowadays, because whenever I pick Singed people think i'm trolling. I farm between towers only to push my lane and zone people out, which is ridiculously effective.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2013 6:30am | Report
And what will you do if you face, for example, a Tryndamere?
He is gonna kill you!!!
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2013 6:34am | Report
Fling his *** around and play very aggressively early on. Post-6, bait his ult under tower, make good use of the adhesive and hope his stupid random crits don't happen too often.

But that's just me, I don't proxy.
kT coffee
<Member>
kT coffee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2013 6:51am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

And what will you do if you face, for example, a Tryndamere?

tryn doesnt waveclear fast enough. besides, the second singed gets in between towers (with or without proxying) tryn cant solo him since singed can easily toss tryn over walls since hes melee.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2013 9:28am | Report
But Tryn can just farm and get super big, bigger than Singed could ever get. So which use would Proxy Singed actually have? And Tryndamere has with Spinning Slash a great waveclear tool, you remember AP Trn? Spinning Slash has a 1.2 AD ratio. And if you crit constantly, it has near to no CD.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2013 5:54pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

But Tryn can just farm and get super big, bigger than Singed could ever get. So which use would Proxy Singed actually have? And Tryndamere has with Spinning Slash a great waveclear tool, you remember AP Trn? Spinning Slash has a 1.2 AD ratio. And if you crit constantly, it has near to no CD.

So you'll have a super heavily farmed Trynd unable to leave top lane, or chasing Singed all over his base trying to kill him for 15 gold.

Sounds like a really hard counter.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2013 6:44pm | Report
What if you pick Yi and just farm up enough money to backdoor all their towers? o.o

Not to mention great sustain with Meditate if you ever need it and awesome wave clear with Alpha Strike.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide