Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Question for Diamonds and Plats: How are these...

Creator: Kalaaver December 27, 2013 6:54am
1 2 3 4 5
Cryst4
<Member>
Cryst4's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2013 5:15pm | Report

So in a nutshell; find a champ that you like to play, play hundreds of games with it, master all the necessary game mechanics with it and only then have a go at the League of Tiers.

Pretty much, but when guy who mains champ X says it's not viable or good pick you know it's not. Not when Y players yells X sucks.

To be realistic though. If you are under plat I guess even that doesn't mean anything. I played TF and Anivia trough the assassins meta with no problem. In silver it doesn't matter. Only thing matters is can you play your champ or not.

I feel like what tier champ really is matters only if you are playing against equal level player as you are on that champ. If I would have ran against a kassadin, who had 100+ kassadin games played and have watched tens of games of different streamers to play with kassadin and had all that with kassa that I had with Anivia, during assassin meta(and still) I probably would have lose.

It's all just edges. By picking and seemingly even matchup where you are playing not "top tier" champ and opponent are you give him little bit of edge, since that champ is "top tier" for reason. But when I play Anivia for example I'm willing to give that edge up for the sake of playing her or even go for straight up "counter" and counting on fact my skill whith that champion is enough to make up for all the edges I have given up.
Edge your giving can also be something like you are picking a champion that doesn't work well with your teams team comp (Picking TF when there's Vlad top and Soraka + Kog Maw bot).
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2013 5:20pm | Report
Champion/Lane i like to play them
Jax / Top - Decent. Playable but isn't top tier.
Hecarim / Top,Jungle - Not really good. Jungle is still meh but it's playable.
Volibear / Support/Top - Support voli hasn't been played but I actually like it cuz it's so unexpected. It's decent. Top voli hasn't been touched yet.
Xin Zhao / Top/Mid - Playable in ranked but definitely not the best choice. Probably low~mid tier cuz of his reliance on autos.
Aatrox / Top - kinda meh now cuz he only has a short gapclose / cc
Sivir / Bot - really good
Galio / Top/Mid/Support - galio kinda sux now. he's playable top and mid, but he's worse than a top lane gragas at top and mid he has too less damage.
Pantheon / Top - okay. beats up people in lane phase and can snowball really easily but falls off so hard if not.
Evelynn / Jungle - really good
Champions i heard where good.
Darius - no
Ryze - no
Jax - mentioned above
Irelia - meh
Swain - meh
Riven I'm Awful with Riven :( - idk how hard she got nerfed but she was really good if plaed right
Lee Sin - jungle good, top okay
Malphite - meh
Katarina - no
Diana - meh
Hannul
<Inhouse Addict>
Hannul's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2014 1:25pm | Report
Jax Top is okay, not the best.
Hecarim/ Top,Jungle Still okay, depends how you build to work it out though.
Volibear / Support, Top, Jungle Not sure about support, jungle is good with the majestic roar and your ganks will be high speed with q as long as you dodge skillshot cc or w/e and you can wreck most tops as Voli if you know what you're doing with your passive and skills
Xin Zhao / Top, Mid I suck at xin idk
Aatrox / Top Good offtank if he can farm, but otherwise I probably had bad teams that clumped around his ult, q, and e (not saying I did good those games)
Sivir / Bot Pretty good with q and w harass with mana sustain on e.
Galio / Top/Mid/Support - Support idk. He's sort of subpar in laning, he's become like Vayne. Loses lane but has a great late game
Pantheon / Top/Mid Relatively good because every time your ult is up as long as a lane isn't pushed it's a free gank, or dive on low people because your passive ****s turret shots up.
Evelynn / Jungle Good because stealth detection nerf
Darius no his base ms is a joke. Maybe if you're like fighting renekton or some aggressive person you'll win in a full on fight due to douchebag ult but you'll become obsolete unless fed hard later
Ryze Situational
Jax up above
Irelia no
Swain build wota rylais and RoA and you've won yourself a free game
Riven Good, not sure if PBE patch hit her yet to force her to max q or else you'll lack damage
Lee Sin doesn't bring any cc to tfs really, has nice damage. If you play him right to snowball everyone early I Garentee you a win
Malphite Jungle probably better than top due to Unstoppable Force, even better with a Leona at bottom lane or some other cc guy to make your e and w deal tonnes of damage
Katarina I dunno
Diana If you're good at using her ult to kite and dodge skillshots, why not

Basically how I play LoL
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide