Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Question for Diamonds and Plats: How are these...

Creator: Kalaaver December 27, 2013 6:54am
1 2 3 4 5
Kalaaver
<Altruistic Artist>
Kalaaver's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2013 6:54am | Report
I know some champs are bad in ranked, i've heard a lot of plats and diamonds don't like Poppy in ranked. So here is a list of champs i like to play and that i want to play in ranked, but i'm not sure if they are good for ranked.

Champion/Lane i like to play them
Jax / Top
Hecarim / Top,Jungle
Volibear / Support/Top
Xin Zhao / Top/Mid
Aatrox / Top
Sivir / Bot
Galio / Top/Mid/Support
Pantheon / Top
Evelynn / Jungle
Champions i heard where good.
Darius
Ryze
Jax
Irelia
Swain
Riven I'm Awful with Riven :(
Lee Sin
Malphite
Katarina
Diana

I just want to know if the champs i like (First List) are good for ranked, as for the second list, are those really good champs for ranked?
Check out my Poppy Guide, and my Sexy Signature Shop.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2013 7:01am | Report
Jax is good top
Hecarim can work in the jungle at low elo but I generally wouldn't recommend him
Volibear is not a top, nor a support champ
Xin Zhao works but is a jungler
Aatrox is okay, he used to be stronger in the past though. Both top/jungle
Sivir is good nowadays
Galio sucks balls
Pantheon is better off mid
Evelynn is quite broken right now

___

Darius sucks
Ryze used to be great but got nerfed, still playable though
Irelia is okay but gets countered by a lot of the meta top laners ( Renekton, Dr. Mundo and Shyvana)
Swain is okay, not top tier but definitely good
Riven is incredible for solo queue
Lee Sin is good as well, even though he requires some skill to play
Malphite is barely played at high elo but he is good
Katarina is a risky pick, barely ever seen
Diana isn't that strong, falls off really hard after first 30 minutes

Overall though I would encourage you to pick whatever you like to play. Everything can work at low elo as long as you can play it well.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2013 7:08am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Irelia is okay but gets countered by a lot of the meta top laners ( Renekton

Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2013 7:10am | Report
Jax-Good
Hecarim-Nerfed into ground.Not good.
Volibear-Not very good.
Xin Zhao- Okey early game jungler, but falls off way too hard.He's terrible in top tho.
Aatrox-No idea I haven't seen one in ages.
Sivir-Great.
Galio-Terrible.
Pantheon-A solid counterpick for some mid lane match ups.Falls off really hard.Not good.
Evelynn-Pretty OP solo q jungler right now.She's really weak against counter jungling so be careful.

Darius-Good lane bully however not good outside of lane.
Ryze-Nerfs hit him pretty hard.However he's okey.
Irelia-There are better options then her.
Swain-I don't remember last time I saw him.Pretty sure he's ok if he doesn't get camped and gets blue buffs.
Riven-Super strong will get nerfed soon.
Lee Sin-Great if you are really good at him.
Malphite-Pretty bad.
Katarina-Bad.
Diana-No idea.

I can go in depth later if you want.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Kalaaver
<Altruistic Artist>
Kalaaver's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Vynertje wrote:

Jax is good top
Hecarim can work in the jungle at low elo but I generally wouldn't recommend him
Volibear is not a top, nor a support champ
Xin Zhao works but is a jungler
Aatrox is okay, he used to be stronger in the past though. Both top/jungle
Sivir is good nowadays
Galio sucks balls
Pantheon is better off mid
Evelynn is quite broken right now

___

Darius sucks
Ryze used to be great but got nerfed, still playable though
Irelia is okay but gets countered by a lot of the meta top laners ( Renekton, Dr. Mundo and Shyvana)
Swain is okay, not top tier but definitely good
Riven is incredible for solo queue
Lee Sin is good as well, even though he requires some skill to play
Malphite is barely played at high elo but he is good
Katarina is a risky pick, barely ever seen
Diana isn't that strong, falls off really hard after first 30 minutes

Overall though I would encourage you to pick whatever you like to play. Everything can work at low elo as long as you can play it well.

Okay
Few questions,
How about Voli jungle?
What champions do you recommend?
What champions are played a lot at higher elo's?
Check out my Poppy Guide, and my Sexy Signature Shop.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
@ polse: ?

@ Kala:

Voli jungle is okay but not that good either.

As I said, champions I recommend are those you like playing. Try to find ones you like and combine that with those that are actually good in ranked. Have a look at competetive play to find out about the best picks. You can also use throatslasher's tier list even though it is a bit outdated.

Some of the most played champions are riven, lucian, jinx, ziggs and annie.
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Jax - jax will always be a good pick for ranked, i don't really need to explain why, hes just so ungankable and a pain in the arse in teamfights to shutdown.

Hecarim - doesn't work for top anymore, in jungle hes still viable and a good threat, so would say hes good for ranked, out of all the junglers, hecarim in my opinion is still in the top 3. alongside vi and sej.

Volibear - support no. top no. nonononono bad champ.

Xin Zhao- awesome for ranked! just dominates, great in jungle, but as you've suggested top/mid, i wouldn't recommend it at all for ranked, youll just get stomped and harassed so easily.

Aatrox - can't really say anything on this, otherthan i havn't seen many at diamond, although was a popular pick in platinum, so i guess its good for ranked.

Sivir - yeah ill recommend this for ranked, with taric/poppy/annie support you just dominate, and also in ranked sivir has a special edge above most adc in the essence she has a banshee veil built in. I've seen a lot of Sivir's in diamond build a banshee veil, so thus "2" procs

Galio - not viable as support or top. as a mid champ hes still viable, and good pick, but he relies so heavily on cs, and in platinum/diamond youll find a lot of gragas and orianna who can harass galio, who is mana dependant. so would i recommend him...no.
Pantheon - Still viable, just wouldn't recommend as hes early game only, and at top, he gets shutdown pretty fast by the more popular top picks such as shyvana, and mundo.

Evelynn - good, with preseason ward changes, evelynn has become a little more deadly, seen a few people spamming this at diamond, so its viable.

Darius - wouldn't pick him for ranked unless you're facing chaps who are prone to your harass and true damage such as yi, and poppy.

Ryze - hes still viable and is good for ranked, but since he lacks the CC and aoe as most mid champs have, he struggles to fit in most compositions, orianna, annie, fizz, kassa, gragas are much better picks mid.

Jax - see above.

Irelia - same as darius really

Swain - Eh.......don't really see much of these in ranked, swain just seems easy to shutdown and doesn't offer much in comparison to the popular mids to a team. I'll say hes good in ranked, but wouldn't highly recommend

Riven - Yep, very good for ranked, one of the better champs at top, easily snowballs, easily shutdowns carries, you can seemingly escape 1v5 situations, backdoor well, sustain is incredible late....awesome pick.

Lee Sin - I generally don't like Lee Sin, he has nice early and mid game presence as a jungler, or even top, but he just so useless in teams where you lack a tank / aoe cc....ill recommend him for ranked, but in you want a jungler who can carry, and make game changes play sej,vi,heca

Malphite - good for ranked, hard to explain why, but he offers a lot to a team, not just for his ultimate, but for his damage output and tankiness.

Katarina - seeing a lot of these in dia/plat, so im going to say hes good for ranked just on the basis on his popularity increasing. would i recommend it? probably not considering hes so easily shutdown and counted as most teams are picking cc

Diana - Uh, shes good...about all i gotta say.

Champs I would recommend for ranked at platinum/dia
Support - Annie, Thresh, Poppy
Jungle - Vi, Hecarim, Sejuani,
Top - Riven, Dr. Mundo, Shyvana, Nasus, Renekton
Mid - Fizz, Kassadin, Orianna, Gragas, Annie
ADC - Vayne, Sivir, Lucian

P.S Poppy is getting popular now, ive seen a lot of people playing her at dia 1 now.
also since you're silver, play what you want, try new champs, test new ideas, your best bet is Annie, since she is easy to play and also so easy to carry with especially at low elo.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2013 7:17am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

@ polse: ?

@ Kala:

Voli jungle is okay but not that good either.

As I said, champions I recommend are those you like playing. Try to find ones you like and combine that with those that are actually good in ranked. Have a look at competetive play to find out about the best picks. You can also use throatslasher's tier list even though it is a bit outdated.

Some of the most played champions are riven, lucian, jinx, ziggs and annie.

Irelia beats Renekton rather hard beyond level 5, and is also one of the champions that are really good at assisting a gank on renekton.
(unless season 4 did something really metachanging in the top-lane that somehow makes renekton megastomp irelia)
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2013 7:20am | Report
Quoted:

Irelia beats Renekton rather hard beyond level 5, and is also one of the champions that are really good at assisting a gank on renekton.

Incorrect. As an Irelia main I can definitely claim that a good renekton should beat irelia quite easily because irelia can't kill renekton at once. Renekton just outsustains irelia and irelia can't keep up because of huge mana restrictions.

Besides my personal experience, wickd (as best irelia player in EU) also says how renekton is the hardest counter to irelia.
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2013 7:26am | Report
Also renekton brings more to the team than an irelia....irelia just isn't a popular pick in general in diamond or platinum. Also recently, when i firstpicked poppy to go support, the enemy instalocked an irelia thinking i was top.. In-game, our renekton dominated the irelia like 4-0, 50 more cs at at 2nd turret.
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide