Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Replay Review Por Favor

Creator: VexRoth April 29, 2016 6:21pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2016 6:21pm | Report
Felt like I wasn't have an impact in team fights come late game on this one. Should have been peeling more?...wasn't have much luck going onto their backline.

If someone has the time any insights would be appreciated.

Shyvana Jungle S3 Promos
Penita13
<Member>
Penita13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2016 2:24am | Report
I've taken the time to watch your replay and analyse your steps.

In teamfights you were indeed not able to blow up their back-line. However, this is not wat lost you the game. You lost the game because of a lot of small mistakes in the early-game (not just yours, from your team as well) and a lack of communication later on.

What caught my eye is that you go back very often. Before you reached the 10 minute mark, you had already backed 4 times. If, say, backing and reéntering your jungle takes 30 seconds, you just wasted 1/5 of your time. And especially on champions who utilise devourer, you want to get as nuch gold as soon as possible. This was a result of an inefficient jungle clear. Not that you didn't clear fast, but rather that after you had cleared your camps you were stuck. For example, you were at krugs with your entire top-side jungle cleared. You couldn't gank the shoved top-lane, so you simply went back. If you had looped the other way around and went from bot straight to krugs, you would have had the ability to loop back around and decide where to go next. In this case you aren't bound to your position and can gank the most optimal place.
Next to this, like mentioned before, all the lanes were pushed. You can't really control it, but you could have urged ziggs (for example) to lets his wave shove in, as veigar is incredibly immobile. If you could have walked-up behind him, you could have easily killed him and set him behind even further.
When you got some nice kills due to catches, you weren't able to utilise your advantages. If you have 2 kills and a half-way stacked devourer, you're definitely stronger than a Vi. You should've tried to counter-jungle and place aggressive wards to read Vi's movenets. In that way you can deny her even more and press your advantage even further. And a last unfortunate event was that Draven went AFK for a few minutes, which really put him behind his opponent

Now, as for the late-game, the result of not going for a lot of objectives started to show. Especially with devourer, taking scuttle crabs and Rift herald are things you should do. And you took your first dragon very late into the game, but shyvana is a champion who can easily solo dragon. You also, after you had ganked a lane, should've pushed that lane and tried to take a tower. This is a very easy way to get ahead in gold.
And to finalise, your team was often split. Not by a large amount, but just enough for your team to always be a few seconds too late to the fight. A perfect example is at the 40:30 minute. Your team is sieging mid with only 1 enemy alive and you decide to push bot. They weren't able to push for an inhib without you and got flanked by the Quinn who just spawned.

Last but not least, your itemisation. You took a lot of armor, which was deninitely effective against their team. However, there are a few items with which I don't agree. One is Thornmail. It gives you a lot of armor and defence against AA, but you needed health and not really armor. Instead, I would've bought something like Sterak's Gage instead of titanic hydra and bought Warmog's armor instead of Thornmai. Finally, I would've picked Banshee's veil instead of Spirit Visage, as you could've usef the passive very well.

All of this added up meant you were guaranteed to lose the game. This all sounds incredibly negative, but I have to say you didn't play bad at all. You were great at using your ultimate and not fighting (a lot of) stupid fights (except for one under your turret with 5v3). I just feel like if you improve on further pushing your advantages, you could win more games.

If you have questions, or someone else has corrections / extra tips, I would be pleased to hear them.
:)

Thanks to myself for the signature ^^
Check out my Xerath guide
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2016 7:46am | Report
Penita13 wrote:
I've taken the time to watch your replay and analyse your steps.

In teamfights you were indeed not able to blow up their back-line. However, this is not wat lost you the game. You lost the game because of a lot of small mistakes in the early-game (not just yours, from your team as well) and a lack of communication later on.

Penita13 wrote:

What caught my eye is that you go back very often. Before you reached the 10 minute mark, you had already backed 4 times. If, say, backing and reéntering your jungle takes 30 seconds, you just wasted 1/5 of your time. And especially on champions who utilise devourer, you want to get as nuch gold as soon as possible. This was a result of an inefficient jungle clear. Not that you didn't clear fast, but rather that after you had cleared your camps you were stuck. For example, you were at krugs with your entire top-side jungle cleared. You couldn't gank the shoved top-lane, so you simply went back. If you had looped the other way around and went from bot straight to krugs, you would have had the ability to loop back around and decide where to go next. In this case you aren't bound to your position and can gank the most optimal place.

Hah, I even had the though in game that I was going back to much. I think what you are saying is if you don't have anything obvious to do then head in the direction where your first camp in an area will spawn, so you can resume jungling without having to take the time to run from base?

Penita13 wrote:

Next to this, like mentioned before, all the lanes were pushed. You can't really control it, but you could have urged ziggs (for example) to lets his wave shove in, as veigar is incredibly immobile. If you could have walked-up behind him, you could have easily killed him and set him behind even further.

Good point about Veigar. I communicated with Darius about not pushing early, so I could try to gank Quinn but she played smart and warded right about the time I might be ganking. I could have tried to work out the same arrangement with Mid.

Penita13 wrote:

When you got some nice kills due to catches, you weren't able to utilise your advantages. If you have 2 kills and a half-way stacked devourer, you're definitely stronger than a Vi. You should've tried to counter-jungle and place aggressive wards to read Vi's movenets. In that way you can deny her even more and press your advantage even further. And a last unfortunate event was that Draven went AFK for a few minutes, which really put him behind his opponent.

Definitely a weakness of mine - Assessing how strong I am relative to my counter part and whether or not I can bully them in their jungle.

I'm struggling with deep warding this season. I never feel like I have enough. Or when I do get an opportunity to counter jungle my trinket is on cool down. I don't know if this means I should be buying Tracker's Knife more often? Shy is good at dueling so I generally opt for Skirmisher's Sabre for more dueling potential or Stalker's Blade for more CC.

Penita13 wrote:
Now, as for the late-game, the result of not going for a lot of objectives started to show. Especially with devourer, taking scuttle crabs and Rift herald are things you should do. And you took your first dragon very late into the game, but shyvana is a champion who can easily solo dragon. You also, after you had ganked a lane, should've pushed that lane and tried to take a tower. This is a very easy way to get ahead in gold.

In this game, I didn't feel like we had a good window to take Dragon early with my Bot lane doing poorly.

Penita13 wrote:

And to finalise, your team was often split. Not by a large amount, but just enough for your team to always be a few seconds too late to the fight. A perfect example is at the 40:30 minute. Your team is sieging mid with only 1 enemy alive and you decide to push bot. They weren't able to push for an inhib without you and got flanked by the Quinn who just spawned.

I'll look at the 40:30 mark again. I think there was a reason I was where I was, but it may not have been the optimal choice.

Penita13 wrote:
Last but not least, your itemisation. You took a lot of armor, which was deninitely effective against their team. However, there are a few items with which I don't agree. One is Thornmail. It gives you a lot of armor and defence against AA, but you needed health and not really armor. Instead, I would've bought something like Sterak's Gage instead of titanic hydra and bought Warmog's armor instead of Thornmai. Finally, I would've picked Banshee's veil instead of Spirit Visage, as you could've usef the passive very well.

This was one of those cases where I felt like I shouldn't have to build that tanky given that we had a Darius and a Nautilus and so two damage items didn't seem excessive given that I would be building tank after that + the passive armor and MR I get from Dragonborn.

I do need to remember not to cookie cutter Spirit Visage vs Banshee's Veil. I think you are right that BV would have been a good choice here. Re Thornmail. Yeah I went there because most of the damage I was taking was AD. In retrospect Ninja Tabi might have been more appropriate in this match-up since they really only had one stun. But yeah Sterak's Gage would have been good vs Veigar's burst come late game. Between that and Banshee's I could have shrugged most of his damage off.

Penita13 wrote:

All of this added up meant you were guaranteed to lose the game. This all sounds incredibly negative, but I have to say you didn't play bad at all. You were great at using your ultimate and not fighting (a lot of) stupid fights (except for one under your turret with 5v3). I just feel like if you improve on further pushing your advantages, you could win more games.

But I think this was potentially winnable hence the request for feedback. And no worries about the seeming negative. I know I make mistakes. Another eye pointing them out is helpful, since I didn't remember everything in the heat of the moment. I'll look for the 5v3. I have a fare amount of oh ***** why did I do that moments go in my favor when I am Shyvana, but not so much when I am not ahead by a good margin.

Penita13 wrote:
If you have questions, or someone else has corrections / extra tips, I would be pleased to hear them.
:)

Thank you very much for taking the time to look at my game, Penita13. It was helpful. :-)
Penita13
<Member>
Penita13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2016 2:22pm | Report
You're welcome. I actually liked reviewing your game. If you want me to review another, feel free to message me at any time :)

Thanks to myself for the signature ^^
Check out my Xerath guide

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide