Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Replay Review Por Favor?

Creator: VexRoth October 10, 2016 11:17pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2016 11:17pm | Report
This one might have been a goner early, but curious on suggestions on what I might be able to do better. Mid is my off role, but I need to figure out how to win from there too if I want to more reliably climb.

VexRoth Vel'koz Mid Silver Lvl Ranked Game
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2016 3:30pm | Report
Here's what I got:

you are pretty much what I expected to see from a lower Silver player. You know how to CS, but you are still a bit timid in lane, namely you don't trade damage very well because you are afraid to take hits. Decision making is what I expected too, you miss opportunities to roam in favor of going back to buy, and because you back too early you have sub optimal buys (and not enough pots/pinks) and your Mechanics with Vel'koz aren't inspiring. Watch some Sp4zie, he does pretty well on the guy so I am sure you can pick it up.

TL;DR: Mechanics, namely you can detonate your Q to split it early. Decision making, when to Roam instead of B (almost every chance you get to B you can Roam instead). and trading damage in lane.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2016 6:29pm | Report
Kazega wrote:
Here's what I got:

you are pretty much what I expected to see from a lower Silver player. You know how to CS, but you are still a bit timid in lane, namely you don't trade damage very well because you are afraid to take hits. Decision making is what I expected too, you miss opportunities to roam in favor of going back to buy, and because you back too early you have sub optimal buys (and not enough pots/pinks) and your Mechanics with Vel'koz aren't inspiring. Watch some Sp4zie, he does pretty well on the guy so I am sure you can pick it up.

TL;DR: Mechanics, namely you can detonate your Q to split it early. Decision making, when to Roam instead of B (almost every chance you get to B you can Roam instead). and trading damage in lane.

I was really feeling the jacked up buys (would prefer not to go Seeker's Armguard early, but Zed).

Backing vs roaming = shove wave and roam? What if you don't know where the enemy jungler or Mid is?

I should know my item break points better and add a couple of potions and pinks into my buy. Got it.

Will check out Sp4zie.

Much appreciated, Kazega.
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2016 8:33pm | Report
VexRoth wrote:

I was really feeling the jacked up buys (would prefer not to go Seeker's Armguard early, but Zed).

Backing vs roaming = shove wave and roam? What if you don't know where the enemy jungler or Mid is?

I should know my item break points better and add a couple of potions and pinks into my buy. Got it.

Will check out Sp4zie.

Much appreciated, Kazega.

well the worst buy I noticed was lvl 2 boots when it could have been a codex instead to put zhonya's that much closer to completion.

The idea behind Roaming is that when you back, that is down time. you are doing literally nothing when you go back. it's important that that "nothing" time is rewarded with good buys. so when your lane is up against the tower, instead of going back, you should make that time worth something by putting wards down, taking the enemy little chickens, taking your own all the chickens, grabbing a blue buff. and while that is happening, the tower will reset the lane (it's pretty good at doing that). Generally you back when you can't stay in lane or you have the money for your power spike (13-1500G is about right for most champs)

and SP4zie is more entertainment than educational.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2016 7:16am | Report
Kazega wrote:

well the worst buy I noticed was lvl 2 boots when it could have been a codex instead to put zhonya's that much closer to completion.

The idea behind Roaming is that when you back, that is down time. you are doing literally nothing when you go back. it's important that that "nothing" time is rewarded with good buys. so when your lane is up against the tower, instead of going back, you should make that time worth something by putting wards down, taking the enemy little chickens, taking your own all the chickens, grabbing a blue buff. and while that is happening, the tower will reset the lane (it's pretty good at doing that). Generally you back when you can't stay in lane or you have the money for your power spike (13-1500G is about right for most champs)

and SP4zie is more entertainment than educational.

Okay, then by roaming relative to back timing it sound like you are talking about the broader concept of control the river and mid lane in addition to roaming to other lanes. Good point. Future chickens on either side of the map are dead meat + gold + experience. Rather than me going, "well, there are no more minions, might as well go and get a Sapphire Crystal".

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide