Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Riot Games - World Cyber Police

Creator: Mooninites December 21, 2011 12:45am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 11:29am | Report

One is okay, the other isn't.

I actually don't think it is okay to be a **** just for the sake of being a ****. I think it's entirely appropriate to hand out punishments to people doing that, even banning them.

I'm not saying there isn't a line, I'm just saying I think it should be lower than where it is.

And we are just disagreeing :P

Luther3000 wrote:

The tribunal isn't the only way Riot ban people though - for example, if a Riot staff member was playing in a game and one of their teammates was being abusive, I'd thouroughly expect them to issue some kind of punishment for that too.

Yeap. Tribunal is the avenue for reports, but bans can still be sentenced at Riot's leisure, without reports being issued.
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 11:29am | Report

There's a difference between being banned for intentionally causing your team to lose/griefing people on your team and being banned for being an ******* to people in chat and such. One is okay, the other isn't.

I don't see at any point where being an ******* should be considered being okay and non-punishable. Again, I've yet to know many people who go to play LoL to get verbally assaulted for the tiniest of mistakes and consider it okay, it's an embarrassment to the game's community and it's no wonder people talk bad of LoL when it can't even be nice to itself.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 11:31am | Report
*Comment supporting Diesel*
example1013
<Member>
example1013's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 11:31am | Report
Yep, I understand that you guys don't agree with me. Riot doesn't either, so really I'm just giving my unasked-for opinion.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 11:39am | Report

Yep, I understand that you guys don't agree with me. Riot doesn't either, so really I'm just giving my unasked-for opinion.

You are saying that Verbal Abuse is okay.

No one is going to agree with your opinion dude.
Tri lane for life.
example1013
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 11:43am | Report
Temzilla wrote:

You are saying that Verbal Abuse is okay.

No one is going to agree with your opinion dude.

Sorry, I'm used to smack talk/insults/verbal abuse being part of the game, so yeah, there are whole communities that agree with me, but few of those people play LoL.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 12:01pm | Report

Sorry, I'm used to smack talk/insults/verbal abuse being part of the game, so yeah, there are whole communities that agree with me, but few of those people play LoL.

If you suck I'll tell someone in game I could careless, if you want to cry about being bad then stop playing ranked ( I only do this if I'm playing ranked ) now I don't jump down someones throat if they make one mistake but mistakes over and over....someone needs to say something !

Just like if I was feeding I'd want someone to tell my *** to step it up.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 12:05pm | Report

There's a difference between smack talk and saying someone deserves to get cancer and die.
example1013
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 12:07pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

There's a difference between smack talk and saying someone deserves to get cancer and die.

Really? I consider the second both smack talk and hilarious, because you can just feel the aura of butthurt coming out of the guy who says it.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 12:12pm | Report
Well it's generally directed at a player on their own team for 'feeding'.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide