Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Rivalries in the League

Creator: TheLastWolf September 14, 2012 4:02pm
1 2
TheLastWolf
<Member>
TheLastWolf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2012 2:29am | Report
Well. i´ll explain some:

Vaye and Leblanc was posted because of an entry in the Journal of Justice, where was a hidden message to leBlanc where you can read that Vayne was searching the Black Rose. But this is the only date, so I deletet it.

Cho'Gath and Rengar...Youa re right. the idea of the monster that fighted the hunter were Cho is just that, an idea. Some people thouth that Sndra was Kassadin´s daughter and she´s not, so...Rivalry deleted.

Jayce and Viktor...Guys, let´s get serious. If someone stole something of you, and you destroyed half lab of the other, are you going to eat cookies and tea with him? I wouldn´t, so I think there is a rivalry between those two.

Gangplank and Miss Fortune. As I read on the lore of the Bounty hunter, she don´t wants Gangplanks head, even she talks with him about Bildewater and how to improve the city. I think that there is no rivalry here.

I have added info about some pairs (Graves-TF//Kassa-Malza//Sejuani-Ashe//Rumble-Herime), and I´m looking info about others (Zilean-Volbear//Jonian champs-WW and Singed). Keep talking and, if you can, give me info about the pairs you think that are there.

See ya!

-Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard , Xiaowiriamu and myself for this awesome sigs-

-Place for the future guides-
Anastasios
<Member>
Anastasios's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2012 2:57am | Report
Read MF's judgement and you will find a bit more info on her rivalry with GP.
As for Yi, his lore clearly says that Singed killed everyone in his village...

Many thanks to MissMaw, LaCorpse, Xiron, Arcana3 and Joxuu for making me sigs!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2012 4:34am | Report
Miss Fortune's mother (i believe) was killed by a (group of?) pirate(s). Gangplank is a pirate, thus Miss Fortune um doesn't like him. I wouldn't say they were 'rivals'. They do have a secret passive when they're up against eachother, it's just a quote tho,

Gangplank: "Yarr! I'm a mighty Pirate!"
Miss Fortune: "Yarr! I'm a mighty Pirate... Hunter!"

Anyway,

Quoted:
Volibear and Zilean share a rivalry, stemming from Zileas' opposition to an armored bear champion on the forums.

Volibear's hidden passive grants him a buff whenever there is a Zilean is on the enemy team that says "Chronokeeper Hater; Not even Zilean could keep an armored bear out of the League of Legends." He also shouts out special emotes whenever he kills Zilean and receives 11 extra gold.

Zilean's hidden passive grants him a buff whenever there is a Volibear is on the enemy team that says "Armored Bear Hater; In my day, we would never have allowed an armored bear into the League of Legends." and receives 10 extra gold from killing Volibear.

So ya, Zil and Voli are legit rivals.

by jhoijhoi
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2012 5:49am | Report
Rumble didn't face heimerdinger during the league judgement. Judgements are merely mind games with the champions to determine their worth, values, and motivations. Rumble faced Heimerdinger in an dream basically.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2012 6:42pm | Report
also in MF's lore and league judgement it says a pirate with a red eye kill her mother

Gangplanks old skin had a red eye

and just cuz they talk doesnt mean they arnt rivals

MF and GP are rivals in the grog competition in bilgewater, and again pirate hunter and pirate, they argue over bilgewaters politics, GP is the only pirate MF cant seduce and kill

that rivalry is just so obvious

Rumble and Hiemer makes sense because Rumble hate Hiemer for "selling out" (this might also work for Corki but probably not since Corki isnt a scientist like those two)
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Syther Blade
<Member>
Syther Blade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2012 7:09pm | Report
didnt kat and garen have sex or something, thats not a rivalry

Sigs By: Syther Blade (me), TheNamelessBard
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2012 7:44pm | Report
no they didnt have sex Blitzcranks dating system paired those two together and if you read the lore about the dominion map then youll see why those two are considered rivals
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Hyogetaki Hisame
<Member>
Hyogetaki Hisame's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2012 9:43am | Report
Actually there is a relation ship between Garen and Katarina, as they do have feelings for each other, tough they are still rivals.

You can check that if you look in the last entries of the journal of justice, while Jarvan and Katarina appeared together in Demacia to denounce the league's implication in the event in Kalamanda, Garen does protect Katarina from the dauntless vanguard, tough it is never said that he actually knew Jarvan's plan, in fact, in the issue 29, it is claimed that Jarvan actually never told Garen about his plans.

Quoted:

"However, when Garen broke through the crowd, Jarvan IV ordered him to halt.

Onlookers report that the prince informed Garen that his assistance was unnecessary. Garen protested and stated there was "much to discuss," but Jarvan turned him away. Garen questioned Jarvan as to the identity of his prisoners, and though the gathered crowd echoed his curiosity, Jarvan replied with this statement: "This is the business of the crown. Your loyalty is appreciated, Garen, but the Dauntless Vanguard has no place in this matter. Stand down.""

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide