Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Rushing Trinity Force On Talon

Creator: Vapora Dark January 31, 2012 10:38am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 6:37pm | Report
From what I've seen, the typical early Talon build involves 2x Doran's Blade, CDR boots/Tabi/Mercs, Brutalizer.

Mid-game consists of Bloodthirster stacking and either a Last Whisper if you need armor pen, a Guardian Angel if you need survivability, or more Bloodthirsters for more damage. That seems to be the typical high ELO build at the moment, and seems to be the most effective.

I've never seen high ELO players get a Triforce on him at all, much less rush it.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 6:54pm | Report

From what I've seen, the typical early Talon build involves 2x Doran's Blade, CDR boots/Tabi/Mercs, Brutalizer.

Mid-game consists of Bloodthirster stacking and either a Last Whisper if you need armor pen, a Guardian Angel if you need survivability, or more Bloodthirsters for more damage. That seems to be the typical high ELO build at the moment, and seems to be the most effective.

I've never seen high ELO players get a Triforce on him at all, much less rush it.

2 Dorans blade? Isnt it better to get only one and save money to buy brutalizer earlier?
Corwin323
<Member>
Corwin323's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 8:00pm | Report
To OP: Back when I mained Talon, I used to rush Trinity Force. I learned that rushing Trinity Force is a bad idea because the Sheen proc does not scale off of bonus damage, it scales off of base damage, which makes TriForce only reach its full effectiveness at level 18. I used to do it, then I went with more of a generic build, in fact almost the exact one that Jebus McAzn is recommending, and I haven't looked back. After the Brutalizer, get a BloodThirster, and then maybe a defensive item, GA, maybe BV, then a Triforce. :)
Maserato
<Member>
Maserato's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 8:49pm | Report
Tri force is better on a sustained physical damage dealer with low cooldowns. Talon is not a sustained fighter. He bursts 100 to 0 and infinity or bllodthirster will help much more with that .
M5 too strong? better nerf irelia
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 8:57pm | Report
Depends where you're going.

At mid you skip the Doran's and go straight for Brut.
At top you get Wriggle's if hard lane, otherwise Brut.

Bloodthirster --> Last whisper --> GA --> Triforce
Is what I've been seeing.
Corwin323
<Member>
Corwin323's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 9:35pm | Report
That build seems good, I actually might start doing that RosePhoenix. Would you ever get Doran's on Talon?
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 9:38pm | Report
Babit wrote:

Nope burst 2 strong with early triforce.

Irelia has one of the best sustained damage steroids in the game, and you are going to waste it on some half decent **** burst that any other champion in the game can do better?

Build her tanky/attack speed, she does tons of true damage with W.

Keep in mind, that when you buy triforce, you could have afforded Warmog's Armor, and a Recurve Bow
Tri lane for life.
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 9:56pm | Report
zzzz

Health? Triforce has enough. AS? Triforce has enough.

Also mana and 2 badass procs? K then.

^^ Phage proc op on Irelia. W>Q>E and a couple of auto attacks. Chances are your going to get a lot of phage procs along with your slow and deal that insane sustained true damage.

Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 10:02pm | Report
Babit wrote:

zzzz

Health? Triforce has enough. AS? Triforce has enough.

Also mana and 2 badass procs? K then.

^^ Phage proc op on Irelia. W>Q>E and a couple of auto attacks. Chances are your going to get a lot of phage procs along with your slow and deal that insane sustained true damage.

eh, build a phage then.
Tri lane for life.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 11:45pm | Report
[*]
DuffTime wrote:

It's not good.

And on Talon it makes even less sense. Why build a massive expensive item for a proc, when he has crushing scaling on his skills? :P

My point exactly. We have some inexperienced Talon players making Talon guides on mobafire. >:(

For those who are saying how Talon should be built, I know that, I've mained him for ages. :P I was just wondering why some people think it's smart to get an early Tri-Force. I've even been thinking I should just never build it at all. Your base AD once per burst is smaller than Bloodthirster or Infinity Edge damage with your entire burst.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide