Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Season 6 Placement Matches

Creator: Ixtellor January 21, 2016 6:00am
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2016 6:31pm | Report
utopus wrote:

Do lcs players really need to prove that they can dumpster plat 1 players though?

Those aren't Plat I players.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2016 7:23pm | Report
Exactly. Hence why I don't think that there needs to be an upper bound on the rank at which you can place
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2016 7:42pm | Report
i think they should just reset the mmr even harder and just remove the "cap" at which you get placed in.

It makes no sense to really **** up mmr and league division placements when the goal was supposed to get you in the division your corresponding mmr matched with. though i get "over time it'll balance out" the capping thing really makes 0 sense to me
JakeParkbench
<Member>
JakeParkbench's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2016 7:49pm | Report
Went from silver 4 to bronze 2. Climb is quick though. I feel bad for anyone in high bronze last season and managed to keep there rank. Even in bronze 2 I'm playing previous gold 5 players. The skill match ups right now are complete hell for some peopled and just get destroyed in lane. At least after a few matches my mmr sorted out and games are a little more even.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2016 8:13pm | Report
I think Bronze, Silver, and Gold should get a hard reset, as if you've made a new account. Plat and higher should get a soft reset. To me, it makes no sense to put everyone who was Bronze back into Bronze; Bronze has to be “earned”. Same thing with Silver; most people just got placed there and never got higher. Gold is a nice achievement, but reaching it from a new account isn't tough (10-0 gives you Gold V). Plat and higher shouldn't have to prove anything, also, this way you'd avoid the ex-Plat, Diamond, Master, and Challenger to end up with the bulk.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2016 8:15pm | Report
Giving lower ELO players a reset would probably bode well for riot. Additionally, it'd go along with some of the recent implementations that riot's been pushing for (e.g. promo helper applying in below-plat)
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2016 8:36pm | Report
utopus wrote:
Giving lower ELO players a reset would probably bode well for riot. Additionally, it'd go along with some of the recent implementations that riot's been pushing for (e.g. promo helper applying in below-plat)

Indeed, but it would just make sense; right now if you get to Bronze V, then you might as well make a new account. How's that for a fresh start?
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2016 8:43pm | Report

Indeed, but it would just make sense; right now if you get to Bronze V, then you might as well make a new account. How's that for a fresh start?

Hey!
You don't see people *****ing out of Silver V do you?
Or Gold V?
Or Diamond V?
Or Plat 1?

Basically MOBAFire.
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2016 1:16am | Report
I wanted to cry at my games at ranked now... Please return dynamic queue, Riot.

EDIT: It returned... in Normal Draft.
Thanks LaCorpse for the sig!
Toxicarbon
<Member>
Toxicarbon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2016 5:54am | Report
Well Utopus, it's not necessarily that. It's actually Challenger + Master + Diamond 1,2,3,4,5 all in Plat 5-1. Most the plat players are gold now. All they did was demote everyone. It's not like us diamond players are playing against noobs. I'm P4 currently playing against all diamonds.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide