Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Season 6 Placement Matches

Creator: Ixtellor January 21, 2016 6:00am
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2016 1:33pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
lol that's a little salt about me being plat?

I am sure that's what it is, it cannot possibly be the fact that people are just extremely surprised; dropping one division after the reset with neither perfect placements nor perfect MMR is odd to say the least and not something I personally have ever seen happening on one of the two bigger servers (i.e. NA & EUW).

No, we're all obviously salty because our accounts dropped more, and, obviously because we are all against you. Probably because you're a woman too, or because we're men, who knows?

Get over yourself!

jhoijhoi wrote:
Nick, the game was very hard fought. Bot lane was camped constantly and my score for once actually represents the things I did to keep Ez and other allies alive ^^

Not referring to that; I was referring to the champion picks and builds as I cannot actually see the scores. I never said that game wasn't hard fought or anything.

jhoijhoi wrote:
Also, 180 000 ranked OCE players is a little more than 600. Even if it was 600 and I was Plat, that still means I beat those other people :)

The lower amount of players on a server, the easier it is to get a higher rank. Additionally, the overall skill level might also be lower as the more competitive players are more likely to leave a server like that, although with OCE that might not be the case.

jhoijhoi wrote:
But yeah, to only drop one division with equal win/loss and to stay in Plat is pretty nice :D

This is exactly what people are referring to; no one is begrudging you, no one minds that you choose to play on a server that has a lot less players floating around, especially because that server was created for people like you. Seriously, from the bottom of that black hole that is my heart: Enjoy!

jhoijhoi wrote:
Stay salty!

I expect a response like this from someone like GoodPlays, IPodPulse, or anyone under the age of 17, but from you? I thought you were an adult, and you generally seemed like someone who was above this sort of behaviour, but apparently not.

No, I am one hundred percent serious on this – I know, I know, I am not often serious – I may not always agree with your statements – I think building Cleaver on Ashe is stupid – and we have definitely had our differences in the past, but the one thing I have always respected was that you never stooped down to a level like this. I am not mad, I am not vexed, nor am I “salty” as you put it, but I am disappointed.

PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2016 1:37pm | Report
Congrats on plat Jai!!
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Maintained
<Stalker>
Maintained's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2016 1:39pm | Report
Obviously I was exaggerating. That was obvious right? I thought it was a pretty obvious joke. I'm more subtle than I thought. Damn.

It's okay OTG

We're here to help

Edit: @GMD, even rational adults can have frustrating days, which can lead to them saying things they don't mean to.

Special thanks to Jovy for the signature! Check out her shop
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2016 1:44pm | Report
Peaked to Gold IV last season...

Spoiler: Click to view

THE SILVERDUST HAS RETURNED

<333
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2016 2:09pm | Report
By the way I should mention I dodged 2-3 games and they didn't count as losses in my placements.

And now I should also mention that right now, at least on EUW, dodging has no form of punishment at all, presumably that's a bug. I dodged twice and didn't lose any LP or have a queue timer, someone else in my party dodged prior to that and same thing. Maybe that's a bug that only recently popped up and that's why I didn't lose any of my placements for dodging.

Edit: Only tested in Dynamic queue, normals might still have queue timers and such.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2016 2:13pm | Report
I think it'll be like this temporarily because lots of people still forget to lock. Otherwise I think lots of people will have an instant lose on their promos.

EDIT: Two wins so far, first one was an AFK Thresh for like 15 minutes, last game was literally succesfully ganking our kat once and then sitting back and watching the world burn. I like it.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2016 2:25pm | Report
Suits me. Having an OTP account for the most popular ADC in the game requires a lot of dodges. :^)
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2016 6:16pm | Report
Damn, this is the first time I saw Miss jhoi to drop that!

utopus wrote:

THE SILVERDUST HAS RETURNED

<333

\

EDIT: And I dodged again for having two supports (wtf this is rare)!
Sig made by me!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2016 10:32pm | Report
wot... that blew up? I'm not allowed to say anything like "stay salty"?

I imagine competitive players in Australasia stay on OCE for the ping. Even living in a major city I had 35 ping. I would never go back to playing with 250 ping on NA. It's not really a choice for me.

Oh, to add, a lot of my friends list are staying in the division they were in before. Most are only dropping one or two rungs. I've only had one friend go from Plat to Gold.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by natuhlee ♡
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2016 3:14am | Report
You read Nick's comment right?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide