Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Should Garen get buffed?

Creator: Spyroul October 30, 2012 5:31pm
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 6:49pm | Report
Why play Garen when there are 25 other champs who preform much better than he does at all stages of the game? Honestly Garen is stupid weak. He's situational but beyond that, no point in playing him when you can play Darius.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 7:01pm | Report
Garen's jungle is better then Darius though.

And honestly they need to remove the minion reduction damage from E, then he'll possibly be more viable.

DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 7:21pm | Report
Garens early game is annoying to play against but after that hes pretty much a guy running around silencing you and then ulting you, normally dying shortly afterwords
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 7:22pm | Report
utopus wrote:

I guess we are on different pages; Most garens would probably only use the demacian justice if the opposing solotop was below 20% health... to get the kill. A Q + E + R combo around level 8-9 can kill a solotop if they are already at <50% of their max health.

If their solotop is at the 40-60% range, they are forced to lose farm and hug tower, or risk getting comboed + killed. I'm asserting that there is some fear factor that garen puts on solo-tops, and that is the availability of his Demacian Justice.

And you said to use it to force them out of lane.

Let's say you do do that. They aren't dead, but they go back. They now know you have 3 minutes before you can even ATTEMPT to kill them again.

Also, that's assuming you can get them down to ~60% health...with the pathetic 1.5 second speed buff you call a gap closer that's perfectly balanced and strong.

Nighthawk wrote:

And honestly they need to remove the minion reduction damage from E, then he'll possibly be more viable.

Forgot this. This is big. Movement reduction btw.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 7:29pm | Report
l2quote

tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 7:47pm | Report
*facepalm*

Meant to edit too.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
RaNuD
<Member>
RaNuD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 7:58pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

Let's say you do do that. They aren't dead, but they go back. They now know you have 3 minutes before you can even ATTEMPT to kill them again.

You got it all wrong. He says he will harass the opponent like... you know, real harassment. Run arround, be a ****, etc. He never said he'd blow his ult on them to "force them to go b".
He says he likes to hold it on purpose, and make them think you can combo em anytime. Thus forcing a 50% hp champ out of the lane. Which isnt dumb at all and will effectively work against a lot of players.
In a thread about his own ban,
gabpin wrote:
stfu I only did that : swearing and thats why i got ban are u ****** or something ?

In a thread about toxic players,
Go be a whiny baby elsewhere. Find and abuse the ignore button. No sense stinking up this forum with your crying.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2012 1:45am | Report
NAH~
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2012 7:51am | Report
lifebaka is earning his rep today.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2012 8:35am | Report
Garen is one of the most underrated champions in the game. Many people build him wrong and don't unleash his real potential. The thing is, because of Courage, which is by the way a really great spell, makes you basically tanky with nearly no defense items. Guardian Angel and Maw of Malmortius are enough, press W in a fight and you gonna be so so much more tanky. Also, people who think he falls of late never played this style of Garen. He only needs 3 seconds to kill a carry with his combo. This is something, with his tankyness, that nearly no other champ can do. This combined with his earlygame power makes him a really strong champ.

Also, CDR is the most important stat on Garen. His long base cooldowns are really bad, he needs 40% CDR as fast as possible. Especially early they help with his ult cooldown. This is why I prefer Ionian Boots of Lucidity on him. Courage and Juggernaut give CC-reduction anyway.

One thing I also noticed, even if he doesn't do that well early, he will make a comeback. I don't know why, it just happens. This makes Garen an even stronger pick. Best example: I was 0/4 behind after laning vs a Vayne, well, I still came back and took out carries at fights.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide