Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Smarcast Items with Ranged Indicators?

Creator: VexRoth June 28, 2016 7:51pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2016 7:51pm | Report
Anyone know how you set this up. There is a set of keybinds for items under Keybindings.

Something like

Smartcast Items with Indicators
Trinket -
Item 1 - Blank
Item 2 - Blank
etc.

Do you just have to bind it to a particular key? Was wanting to play around with Hextech Protobelt.

Current behavior is that is shows me the ranged indicator if I hover over the item in my item slots, but if I tap 3 (where I usually keep my go to item active) it just automatically goes off with no range indicator. Which suggests it is smartcasting, but not smartcasting with indicators.

I do have ranged indicators turned on for my standard smartcasting of abilities.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2016 10:43pm | Report
It might be that protobelt works like Pounce, Broken Wings and whatever Riven's shield is called. It just dashes at your mouse cursor. Which would make sense. You want a dash to just happen. You don't want to have a dash have a human delay of pressing a button and then clicking. That just makes it feel bad imo.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2016 6:28am | Report
Shen's taunt doesn't dash immediately unless it is quickcast, though.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2016 7:07am | Report
It's also not short range, low cooldown+high impact or has an important effect tied to it.

I mean, imagine if you had to click every time you wanted to cast Pounce as you're moving to lane. Same with a 40% CDR Riven. It's just less fun and harder to work with.

Protobelt adds to your burst, and as an annie, I want to be able to belt->Ult as soon as I can. Clicking makes that take just a hair longer, which could mean so much in terms of them getting away.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2016 8:24am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:
It's also not short range, low cooldown+high impact or has an important effect tied to it.

I mean, imagine if you had to click every time you wanted to cast Pounce as you're moving to lane. Same with a 40% CDR Riven. It's just less fun and harder to work with.

Protobelt adds to your burst, and as an annie, I want to be able to belt->Ult as soon as I can. Clicking makes that take just a hair longer, which could mean so much in terms of them getting away.

I imagine it isn't that great for all circumstances you might be able to be a little faster with one touch click and go (which is what I've apparently currently have my item slots set to), but while getting used to it, it would be nice to have a clear indicator of the range of the dash + projectiles. Hence smartcasting with range indicators. IIRC the modern version has the best of both worlds. You can click and go or you can click and hold then go. Trying to figure out how to get the later setup for items to practice.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide