Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Smart Cast Questions

Creator: TheKut October 2, 2013 12:32am
Focuscoene
<Member>
Focuscoene's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2013 3:34pm | Report
Figures. Right when I start to establish good rhythms with my mains, I find out that this is a thing.

From what you all are saying, it sounds like smart casting makes everything like Urgot's Q (when it's preceded by E, of course). Is that the idea?

Also, is this some kind of add-on, or is it an in-game option?

I'm hesitant to even mess with it, honestly. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?
taylordeath1
<Member>
taylordeath1's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2013 3:43pm | Report
smart cast is my best friend
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2013 4:53pm | Report
It's an in game option, just switch the keybindings and you're good to go :)

And yes, Urgot's Acid Hunter is a good one. A prime example would be Karthus' Lay Waste ;)

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
NightlyIV
<Member>
NightlyIV's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2013 4:55pm | Report
I just made the switch over myself in the last couple weeks and it was hardly noticeable, in a negative way. I did find that a lot of my my plays were better timed and more fluid, if that makes any sense.

However some things like Blitz's pull took a bit to get adjusted to.
Ilynx
<Member>
Ilynx's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2013 5:15pm | Report
If you are looking to do better in game and have faster reactions, I recommend it. It saves a lot of time in the long run and it is good to get used to early on.
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2013 7:22pm | Report
Focuscoene wrote:

Figures. Right when I start to establish good rhythms with my mains, I find out that this is a thing.

From what you all are saying, it sounds like smart casting makes everything like Urgot's Q (when it's preceded by E, of course). Is that the idea?

Also, is this some kind of add-on, or is it an in-game option?

I'm hesitant to even mess with it, honestly. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?

I had this attitude for a LONG time (I started playing in earlyish S1 and have only been using smartcast for 2 weeks now) but I finally decided to try it out and trust me IT IS SO MUCH BETTER I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT

With the new patch you just press escape and then all your hotkeys will appear and you can toggle smarcast for them just by clicking the ones you want and leaving the ones you don't want how they are. You can even do it for summoner spells and items

I recommend learning the ranges and AoE of all the skills pretty well though

And yeah it makes the spells you select like the default of Urgot's Q and Karthus' Q

But trust me just try it and you won't be able to go back, it's just so much better for your life
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2013 9:15pm | Report
i tried to play cassiopia once, that was the day i decided to use smartcast and i have never went back ever

like seriously how can you play a champion like cassiopia without smartcast, and most other mages
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2013 12:31am | Report
Shoutout to anyone who used Annie in S1, DO NOT FLASH TIBBER WITH SMARTCAST BEFORE YOU REALISE THAT FLASH GOT NERFED - it sucks to flash tibber the ground in front of 5 persons - i don't realise it with anything but Annie, but whenever i play Annie i turn SMARTCAST off R just cuz old flash range is incorporated in my Annie combo >.>

Also, i can't be the only one who keeps cancelling spells with rightclick when i have range indicators on, can i?
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Nera
<Member>
Nera's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2013 1:46am | Report
Nope Polsen! whenever i know my spells wont hit or i misspressed my skill by accident i just right click move around and the skill gets cancelled even if i do have smartcast on:D Ever since i started playing Lux i decided to give smartcast a try and i just never went back. I have my range indicators on so that i can see the range (especially for new champs that i have never tried before.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2013 5:12am | Report
Smartcast is especially important if you play mages.

Let's say in a Brand vs Brand fight, one has smartcast and one doesn't. The one who has Smartcast wil ALWAYS win because he can cast his skills much faster. This is true for all mages.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide