Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Some thoughts about Season 3?

Creator: OTGBionicArm October 17, 2012 12:06am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2012 2:09pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

I'm sorry, what?

I'm pretty sure having vision is not a waste of money. Spend 75-150 gold, save yourself from giving 300 to the enemy.

I worded that badly. What I actually meant was "WASTE GOLD EVERY TIME YOU RECALL, OR YOU WILL DIE".

It represents my annoyance at having to spend 75 gold for a sight ward every time I'm at base, because the act of WINNING my lane keeps my enemy from farming, which causes my lane to be pushed because they aren't getting as many last hits as me, which gets me ganked and causes me to die if I didn't spend 75 gold. Then I have to recall to spend another 75 gold if my ward runs out. Therefore, I am being punished for winning the lane, which annoys me very much, and I think is really unnecessary.

And yeah, technically "Waste" isn't the correct term because it's keeping me from dying to ganks, but it still feels like an unnecessary usage of my gold that often requires me to choose between buying an item, buying a ward, or buying one then waiting 30 seconds to get enough gold for the one I didn't get.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2012 2:20pm | Report
effective enough for something like Lee Sin support to be viable?

Already is.

Also, I want MORE ganks.
Tri lane for life.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2012 2:34pm | Report

I worded that badly. What I actually meant was "WASTE GOLD EVERY TIME YOU RECALL, OR YOU WILL DIE".

It represents my annoyance at having to spend 75 gold for a sight ward every time I'm at base, because the act of WINNING my lane keeps my enemy from farming, which causes my lane to be pushed because they aren't getting as many last hits as me, which gets me ganked and causes me to die if I didn't spend 75 gold. Then I have to recall to spend another 75 gold if my ward runs out. Therefore, I am being punished for winning the lane, which annoys me very much, and I think is really unnecessary.

And yeah, technically "Waste" isn't the correct term because it's keeping me from dying to ganks, but it still feels like an unnecessary usage of my gold that often requires me to choose between buying an item, buying a ward, or buying one then waiting 30 seconds to get enough gold for the one I didn't get.

Yea, I just hate that top lane is largely controlled by junglers instead of the laners. Mid and bot are relatively in control of their lanes.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2012 2:34pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Already is.

Also, I want MORE ganks.

Lee Sin support would be viable if he didn't fall off so hard come mid game, with effective stats from new items it might be better, is what Im saying.
Andarun
<Member>
Andarun's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2012 2:37pm | Report
Well, no more jungle Jayce for me, and it sounds like Nautilus will get his *** whipped in S3.

I am kind of excited for the new mastery changes, it's kinda boring going 9/21/0 all the time.
Many thanks to TinyStar for the sig!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2012 2:39pm | Report
Andarun wrote:

Well, no more jungle Jayce for me, and it sounds like Nautilus will get his *** whipped in S3.

I am kind of excited for the new mastery changes, it's kinda boring going 9/21/0 all the time.

People forget that Nautilus is actually a decent top laner. :p Maybe try playing him there? :D

And yea, Defense tree too stronk.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2012 3:10pm | Report
Nautilus strong...at top? o_o
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2012 3:13pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

He was so popular as a jungle tank no one ever laned with him, but he can do it. He isn't the best but's a good pick at times, he's one of the strongest candidates of tanks to build like a bruiser, or even AP. :p
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2012 3:15pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

Naut mid is pretty good too.

DFG > Abyssal > RoA > GA > Randuin's is pretty sick.
Tri lane for life.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2012 4:14pm | Report
No, Nautilus will still be good in s3 jungle.

The new jungle, if it works as predicted, will allow ALL kinds of junglers to be successful, which is the goal of the rework. Season 1, you had to play tanky champs with good damage so you can go through camps without dying. Season 2, camps give **** gold, so you basically play junglers that don't rely on gold to do work -- people that are innately tanky and are never useless because they have cc (mao's root, ult, and slow never become useless even if he is level 6 when everyone is level 12; same with Naut, Skarner, Malphite, Shen, even Rammus, etc.); they can just build gold items and a cheap support build and not have to worry about jungling much except to get buffs and during downtime. Junglers that require a lot of gold to be really strong and are kind of lackluster in early ganks simply don't do well in the current state. They don't get the gold they need from staying in the jungle, so they fall off quickly, and they are useless without that gold -- they don't have potent ganks like the previously mentioned junglers. Such ones are Warwick, Lee Sin (for the most part, though a bit less), Shyvana (same domain as Lee), Pantheon, Shaco, Twitch, Trundle, and untraditional junglers like Fiora, Riven, Volibear, Tryn, Master Yi, Jayce, Gangplank, Jax, etc. If they don't get some really great ganks off, they are useless for the rest of the game.

What this jungle change will do is ultimately bring up the latter class of junglers, since now they can opt to just jungle and actually make decent income, and not have to take a coin flip on whether or not the enemy will allow them to get off good ganks this game, as well as once again promote counter jungling, and yet keep the support tanky junglers in meta. Just because there is more gold in the jungle to get doesn't mean you can't still play the gank-heavy junglers. It keeps them where they are at but brings the other class back up to an even playing field with them, and it boils down to mostly preference and what the team needs.

However, as I said in my earlier post, the junglers I have a feeling that will dominate the season 3 jungle are those that can clear quickly, so they can get a lot of that extra jungle gold, yet still gank reasonably well.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide