Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Tanky Dps Change

Creator: Adonikam April 6, 2011 3:34am
21 posts - page 1 of 3
1 2 3
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2011 3:34am | Report
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=633718

Morello wrote:
Hey all,

We're currently experimenting with some heavy-handed changes to Fighters internally. I wanted to share those here to show you what we're working on right now - obviously, this isn't confirmed as going in or not yet;

* Reduce base damage on AD abilities significantly: We're starting at about 30%, though this will change based on the character and ability.

* Increase AD ratios of abilities massively: Using bonus AD ratios up into the 2.0, 2.5 or 3.0 range is seeming like the right number. The price of AD (and its lack of multiplicative statistics working on abilities) means these ratios need to be very high to ever hope to encourage offense at all.

* Adding better pure AD itemization to support the above: Basically, Fighters don't have good offensive options outside of Yomuu's and Bloodthirster (which is hard to justify give the current numbers on their stuff), so we want to improve the ~2k gold range for them.

We're starting off with Renekton as a test bed, since he's the best analog to an AD "caster" (most of his damage comes via abilities, not auto-attacks) and seeing how this feels. We do expect defense to still be built on Fighters, since they're melee and need it, but I'd like to get the balance better, or allow choice in damage/defense that's meaningful.

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2011 4:11am | Report
This could totally make AD casters more balanced. I don't know if Urgot would be a good candidate for this tho..

This will make the HP+Atma combo a very powerful choice on the champions they change.
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817
AnIh
<Member>
AnIh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2011 4:21am | Report
I just hope they know the champions that need to be changed or not , dont want to see irelia being nerfed again , they think she is an offtank while she is tagged only as assassin xd
Seeing renekton twoshot a ranged with only brutalizer while needing the focus fire of at least 3 guys to kill him is a bit stupid :/
VoiD
<Member>
VoiD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2011 5:08am | Report
Ashe 2 shotting twitch with volley and arrow.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2011 5:10am | Report
ok lets not get out of hand here. i find this is a really great way to nerf tanky dps and buff pure offensive capabilities, less survivability for more damage tradeoffs and stuff.

or you can keep your survivability and get less damage.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Miraisen
<Member>
Miraisen's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2011 5:23am | Report
Meaning no more triforce only as a source of damage?
Miraisen - US
In ninjas we trust...
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2011 5:55am | Report
probably.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2011 6:22am | Report
oh god, dont touch my dear renekton :(!!!
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2011 10:37am | Report
I think this was needed. AD offtanks are just too good right now, and most of them have decent CC. A changing metagame makes the game more exciting! ^.^
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2011 10:47am | Report
Lol.. Let's buff renekton's damage.. That'll balance him!

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide