Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Teemo vs Jax

Creator: Crows foot September 25, 2012 1:18am
27 posts - page 2 of 3
BluAnimal
<Member>
BluAnimal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2012 1:46pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

It's 100% a skill matchup.

A good Teemo will beat Jax if the Jax is bad. A good Jax will beat Teemo if the Teemo is bad.

What you should do is time Counter Strike with his Blinding Dart, as the stun + dodge lasts longer than the duration of his blind, then jump at him and slap Teemo around. It also won't matter if you're blinded while you hit him, you still get your passive stacks up which let you out-dps him.

You want to be super aggressive very early on, before Teemo gets Phage/ Frozen Mallet because before that he can't really kite you as well. I also recommend getting an early Bilgewater Cutlass and Phage for the slow.

Or you could build a lot of gp5 and just outscale Teemo :P

I don't recall Counter Strike ever dodging Blinding Dart. And also I'd recommend the Bilgewater Cutlass over Phage for a first item since Jax has no natural sustain.

Now I wanna play this match up. X.X
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2012 3:59pm | Report
You use Counter Strike when he blinds because Teemo, other than his mushrooms and blind, uses auto-attacks to deal damage. Counter Strike isn't used to dodge Blinding Dart, it's used so you don't take any more damage while you're blinded so you at least come out even in trades.

I've played the matchup a lot of times already, and I've always been on the winning side, Jax or Teemo :p
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2012 11:37pm | Report
Thing is, I never use blinding dart unless he engages (or runs since it has more range than leap strike). If the teemo never uses the q except for when jax truly engages jax either have to save his e and get harassed or turn it on and fully engage.

When he does engage with qwe combo it does good damage. But a quick reaction from teemo gives a blinding dart and w out of the stun. If you get caught in the stun you just w out of continued damage afterwards. All the while going for aa on jax.

How would you build teemo in this matchup. That Jax needs sustain is obvious.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 1:21am | Report
JAX's WEAKNESS: Cuteness.

teemo thrives in parts of cuteness.

therefore, teemo beats jax.

btw, teemo is a jax counter.
BluAnimal
<Member>
BluAnimal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 4:08am | Report
In my nearly two years of playing him the only lanes I've ever had problems with as Jax are Malphite, Shen and Yorick. Although the first two are always banned and Yorick just get hit hard with nerfs. But then again I haven't seen a Teemo for a good 50 games now.
TxTVira
<Member>
TxTVira's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 4:11am | Report
BluAnimal wrote:

In my nearly two years of playing him the only lanes I've ever had problems with as Jax are Malphite, Shen and Yorick. Although the first two are always banned and Yorick just get hit hard with nerfs. But then again I haven't seen a Teemo for a good 50 games now.

I let kennen gave me a bad time.
Just like a teemo but worse cause they're stuns.
Kited so hard =[

Singed is also an ******* cause he just clears out all your minions.
While you can do almost nothing to stop that lol.
BluAnimal
<Member>
BluAnimal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 4:33am | Report
People used to tell me Kennen was a hard counter all the time, but its more skill based. If they don't harass you with auto attacks all throughout lane then you'll come out on top. Your burst is also more significant than his once at 6. I try and farm within the minions, after two auto attacks Leap Strike, auto attack to proc Master-At-Arms and then reset your attack with Empower. You'll do around 350 damage with only using 100-110 mana. Ill admit there are some great Kennen's but the majority or them drop off after 6-7.

As for Singed I run the minimum in armor and magic pen., just using the perks in the offensive tree, but it looks like I'm doing true damage to him. :p the only thing that ever really screwed me over against a Singed is getting out farmed and losing tower early.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 10:29am | Report
Crows foot wrote:

How would you build teemo in this matchup. That Jax needs sustain is obvious.

Jax doesn't need necessarily need sustain, if you play properly/aggressively enough all you need is kill power + Vision Ward/ Oracle's Elixir.

Would probably build Teemo with Wriggle's Lantern + double dorans + Mercury's Treads + Phage, then Frozen Mallet rush if I'm behind so I can kite better, more damage if I'm ahead.

Kennen isn't a hard matchup for Jax at all, start Q at level 1 and E at level 2 and blow him up early before he gets his Lightning Rush. Done.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
crossfire
<Member>
crossfire's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2012 7:08pm | Report
I thought pretty much every guy with a gap closer ***** all over teemo.
+Rep for a cookie.

Thanks to MissMaw for the sig.

Don't Click This | Click This
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2012 7:19pm | Report
crossfire wrote:

I thought pretty much every guy with a gap closer ***** all over teemo.

You usually need CC to go with that gap close, or else will just blind you and gtfo, immediately restarting his autos when he's gained a decent distance. Jax's stun can be predictable, so Teemo has a good chance.

Fiora may be able to pull it off since she can lunge twice, so teemo has to wait his blind, and Jayce has a **** ton of spells he can cast while blinded

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide