Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Tell me your thoughts about this new champ,Isles.

Creator: TinyStar October 17, 2012 3:38pm
Oscardogg100
<Member>
Oscardogg100's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2012 5:15am | Report
Insta-Buy!! I been waiting for her for a LOOONG TIME!!! Plus shes an AP! Thats my main Lane ;).
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2012 5:39am | Report
Fox Rage wrote:

What I said was an ironic joke about the fact that a damn lot of people criticize LoL for "copying" all the champions of DotA, so they release a spider champion. Haters will cry about how she's a rip off of DotA like everyone other character, and QQ and QQ again and again. I have to agree with you though.

I'm guessing she'll be mage/tank who will also happen to be a jungler. Lately, Riot talked a lot about the jungle remake that they want to do for season 3. A jungle remake that would kind of ''nerf'' ganking oriented junglers (Alistar, Maokai, Nautilus, etc. etc.) and kind of ''buff'' farming oriented junglers and/or unorthodoxe junglers (Master Yi, Fiora, Fiddlesticks, etc. etc.). It would make sense that Riot release a jungler right before this new jungle hit the opening of season 3.

Riot has also been talking, latelly, about how there were too many viable AD jungles and too little viable AP junglers (wich I think limit itself to Diana and Alistar). They said they wanted to remake the jungle so AP junglers would also be able to jungle efficiently. Therefore, if the new champion is a jungler, it'd make sense if it was an AP user. Since melee glass canons champion (Yi, Tryn, Fiora) aren't even viable, it'd be dumb of Riot to make Elise a melee carry. No one would buy her knowing she'd be completely underpower in the current metagame. Therefore, she has to be tanky. And it has to have as much CC as possible. LoL community love champ with a damn lot of CC.

Riot is also planning a melee carry rework, to make them viable, so it might be a good publicity to make the new champ an AP melee carry. But doing so would guarantee a 0 sale of Elise for the first week. First Week that is when people buy the most Elise. But maybe Riot will release this champion so people in general will be able to play her at first, see how bad melee carries are. Then melee carry rework comes in, and people realize how strong Elise now is. They all agree Riot did an awesome job and deserve to be paid by buying RPs. This would be a risky, but very rewarding marketing move.

I personally believe she will be tankier. It would make them sell an AP "bruiser" that people really seem to love playing (Diana, Vladimir, Ryze, Galio to some extend). A lot of people would instabuy Elise just because she's an AP "bruiser". By making her into an AP "bruiser", it'd give much more view to the upcoming melee carry rework. If the rework works as expected, a lot of people will start buying Master Yi, Tryndamere, Fiora, etc. skins again. And skins = $$$.

By making her into an AP "bruiser", Riot would have 1 item (Elise) that whill sell a lot because everyone love playing AP "bruiser" and Riot knows it, and 3 items that will probably sell a damn lot but may not sell at all, making all the hard-work (and money) Riot did go to waste.

By making her into an AP melee carry (a melee glass canon like Master Yi, Tryndamere, Fiora), Riot would have 4 items that will probably sell a damn lot but may not sell at all.

This is where we'll probably learn if Riot prefers to "gamble" by playing risky or if they prefer to play it a lot safer, by gaining less but insure a pretty decent money entry.

In my opinion, it'll be an AP "bruiser" with tons of CC. LoL community freaking love champ with a lot of CC. I believe Riot will play it safer that way.

P.S. I see this kind of stuff as a chess game. So try illustrating what I said with a chess game :P

P.S.2. Higher than a **********er at the moment, so it may explain why it made no sense here and there. Sorry in advance.

P.S.3. Drugs are bad kids.

Akk I saw was PS, PS2, PS3 and I was like "My gosh he's gone CONSOLE"
Ascent
<Member>
Ascent's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2012 6:53am | Report
Finally a Hecarim skin. FFS. That sure took it's sweet time.
Tklama
<Member>
Tklama's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2012 7:41am | Report
Hecarim skin is nice,but, cmon, another TF skin ? He already has tons of skins.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2012 11:56am | Report
tf just became super popular.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2012 1:11pm | Report
bsurma wrote:

Yes, of course, let TF get a skin while Mord gets nothing. Zilch. Only a lame lore change. >:|

But anyways, I'm quite excited for these changes.

Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2012 3:42pm | Report

All* I saw was PS, PS2, PS3 and I was like "My gosh he's gone CONSOLE"

fix'd.

The dots are important :(

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
TinyStar
<Altruistic Artist>
TinyStar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2012 5:59pm | Report
Blah,I never did tell you guys my thoughts:

If her ult is her turning into a spider. I'ma run,I hate spiders >.< even just looking at her creeps me out T.T
kukuruyo
<Member>
kukuruyo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2012 4:53am | Report
Tried Elise in the PBE, she's extremelly bad. She dies with one hit, she does 0 dmg, she dont have farm capabillities, neither skills usefull for the theam, nothing. They are suposedlly buffing her but she's still useless.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2012 6:23am | Report
so now i get her skill set after a vid preview.

yay.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide