Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account






Or

It's time for the Season 13 Guide Contest! Create or update guides in the following 4 weeks for the chance to win up to $200 in prizes!
An All-Inclusive App For
Competitive Ranked Play
Download
's Forum Avatar

The Future of LoL

Creator: Shadeypwns February 5, 2012 3:27pm
MDC
<Member>
MDC's Forum Avatar
Posts:
230
Joined:
Mar 6th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2012 12:27am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Word!
LoL/Riot atm isnt doing enough to keep the fan base, the only thing that holds it where it is, is the fact that there's no other Moba game (nooooo, HoN doesnt count) around.


What else do they need to do? Lick your *** after you take a dump?
Darcurse wrote:

DotA2 is a 100% copy of DotA without the problem of a non-existent lobby etc. of a stand-alone game, that's bound to capture the attention of many ppl out there.
Only the adaption into the steam-system could be one huge problem if too many ppl decide to play DotA2.

I actually like this air client...
Cho is MEGAZERGLING!
Samoh
<Member>
Samoh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
855
Joined:
Nov 27th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2012 2:02am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Word!
LoL/Riot atm isnt doing enough to keep the fan base, the only thing that holds it where it is, is the fact that there's no other Moba game (nooooo, HoN doesnt count) around.

DotA2 is a 100% copy of DotA without the problem of a non-existent lobby etc. of a stand-alone game, that's bound to capture the attention of many ppl out there.
Only the adaption into the steam-system could be one huge problem if too many ppl decide to play DotA2.

Also you cant compare this situation to WoW.
It's not like you'll loose hundreds and hundreds of hours/bucks or the guys your playing with by switching to DotA2 ...
(Not referring to anyone who owns every damn skin in the game...)


Trust me when I say you're very much wrong.
Thanks to Koksei, The_Nameless_Bard,JhoiJhoi, LaCorpse, JEFFY40HANDS and myself for the signatures! I am also a certified gangster.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1806
Joined:
Oct 19th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2012 4:23am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

xIchi doesn't even like LoL, you can't expect him to understand the subtleties.

Oh I used to like LoL, but this changed in a 180° turn :/
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1632
Joined:
Nov 2nd, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2012 4:24am | Report
@MDC
-Fixing bugs way faster. I've jet to discover the professionalism of a real gaming company behind Riot.
-Being more open to the community. Things like "their will be.." doesnt quite cut it, you know what i mean?
-And how about not sticking to their NA home? Dunno how you guys see it, as european I'm pretty pissed about some one-sided actions. (Yeah, I know there are other EUs around, still not going to change)

^Some of those maybe..
Ofc that was in the past, but atm I'm not quite sure if they even develop enough to prevent such things in the future. For example: If EU's player base would grow yet again beyond the server limit, whats going to happen next? Splitting every single country?

And dunno why you added the client thing? Only mentioned that DotA had problems because it was only a fun-map within the Battle .net, now with DotA2 there's a major problem fixed for them.


@Samoh

Yeah... and .. I'm pretty much sure.... that you're totally wrong yourself.
Don't ask me why, but I guess, since you explained it so clearly I could easily figure out the weak points in your argument.
ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Posts:
961
Joined:
Sep 16th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2012 9:07am | Report
I totally agree with the earlier statement about DoTA2 being full of annoying details

Like I want to play the game and harrass my opponent. I don't want to have to last hit, deny and then expect even more unfair ganks. In DoTA or HoN half the champs have nocturne style ganking abilities making it almost impossible to escape being ganked by some champions because they have a global silence or ranged-insta-stun-teleport or something

Ill stick with LoL because its got a much better balance than DoTA and doesnt have things like 9 second silences or 10 champions with semi-global jumps

People seem to be ready to say that LoL is complete rubbish just because DoTA started the genre so it must obviously be the better version
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1806
Joined:
Oct 19th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2012 10:12am | Report
Balance?
The Balance in DotA is provided by letting every hero be able to be OP, no matter what.(<-exaggeration)
So the concept is to let every hero have 1 Dash ability and 1 CC. In LoL there are many heroes without dashes/blings <-> on the contray LoL has Champs like Akali (triple dash) or Ahri (triple Flash), LB (double bling). And e.g. Riven can't even dash over walls..
Samoh
<Member>
Samoh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
855
Joined:
Nov 27th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2012 10:22am | Report
Darcurse wrote:


@Samoh

Yeah... and .. I'm pretty much sure.... that you're totally wrong yourself.
Don't ask me why, but I guess, since you explained it so clearly I could easily figure out the weak points in your argument.


I made a response earlier explaining my thoughts, I suppose you didn't read it so I will try and explain to you why DoTA 2 isn't going to even leave a nasty scrape on LoL's hairy knee.

LoL is older, and has a wider fan base of people who have little knowledge of MOBA's. Although I agree with you that DoTA started the whole thing, and it did the genre justice, as will DoTA 2 it just wont harm LoL's fan base. The only comparison I can make is the comparison between WoW and LoL, I don't think it's the best but it does make the most sense, as I am sure you will agree. For whatever reason people get used to one thing, and quite quickly! LoL had a fantastic start, providing a completely free service, which included a very fun and detailed game which was noob friendly, and managed to introduce a lot of people to the genre, just like WoW did (Excluding the free content part of-course).

LoL has had far greater success than DOTA in many ways, at different times in it's life time and I assure you LoL is nowhere near ready to die (although it probably will die to a better MOBA in 5-6 years). People have put a lot into there LoL summoners, leveling, games and paying for RP and such.

Although I am sure DoTA 2 will be a fine MOBA in many peoples eyes, for the most part I assure you very few people will leave League of legends for DoTA 2, as Example said people do seem to be ready to state that just because DoTA started the MOBA genre, it will be better than LoL. Well if someone found out a new 'MUD' game was coming out, would they all leave WoW? No they wouldn't, infact I doubt more than 5% of the people on the forums know what that is (which is absolutely fine might I add). I just do not see many people leaving LoL for DoTA, and those who do will probably back after the shiny new effect that DoTA has on them wears off.

(This is just debate, might I add)
Thanks to Koksei, The_Nameless_Bard,JhoiJhoi, LaCorpse, JEFFY40HANDS and myself for the signatures! I am also a certified gangster.
Dypheus
<Member>
Dypheus's Forum Avatar
Posts:
293
Joined:
Dec 29th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2012 11:17am | Report
xIchi wrote:

Balance?
The Balance in DotA is provided by letting every hero be able to be OP, no matter what.(<-exaggeration)
So the concept is to let every hero have 1 Dash ability and 1 CC. In LoL there are many heroes without dashes/blings <-> on the contray LoL has Champs like Akali (triple dash) or Ahri (triple Flash), LB (double bling). And e.g. Riven can't even dash over walls..

I ask you, how long have you played DotA ?

Maybe its because now you look Dota2 with a pink glasses refusing to see flaws, or its just a deep hatred on LoL, but to be honest all those statement you do on Dota is really inaccurate. The mage classes there are everything but op as they don't scale with items, making them only handy for CC's in late game. And you forgot to mention, maybe in LoL has many champs with CC, but they have a low duration (max 2 seconds and that is a ult...) While DotA has the tenacity to have longer duration esspecially with the Refreshment orb doubling that duration. I don't say that Dota2 is bad but atm all your complains are inaccurate and feels to me that you just force yourself to have a different opinion. Just my thoughs, could be wrong.
If League of Legends is gay, then I am super****.
~Feel free to add me on LoL (EUW) Omerta, or on Skype: Joniakagod
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
12302
Joined:
Oct 31st, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2012 11:33am | Report
Thank God Riven can't go over walls for the love of all that is good and holy.

Also, who's LoL's blatantly OP champ? I keep hearing about bad balance and whatnot but I don't see any huge imbalance issues.

I think League is in it's most balanced state yet. I think the jungle has some work to be done, minor tweaks, and this is why we see jungle champions in a perma-ban state, but I think over all the game is stable at the moment.

The only 2 champs who might be OP that come to mind right now are Tryndamere and Cassio. Well, Vayne is kinda crazy too, when she gets through lane phase comfortably.

My only discontent with League lies in it's ****ty community, and it's ****ty servers.
Learn the true S3 op, Tryndamere!
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/duffs-season-3-hamdamere-296968
Best Aatrox in The world, with a Video Guide!
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/duffs-336706
Like my official DuffTime Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/DuffTime
Follow me on Twitter, @RealDuffTime
Come hang out when I'm streaming! http://www.twitch.tv/dufftime
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1806
Joined:
Oct 19th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2012 11:49am | Report
@Dyphus.
It's both. I got tired of LoL and while the process of tiredness proceeded I learned to hate LoL.
While at the same I look at DotA with pink glasses, but I do not refuse flaws, I just didn't got to play it yet.

And long CC was never a problem, LoL's summoner spells made them OP. If there wouldn't be this high innovation status of LoL it would just come back to DotA and follows the main flow.. I mean the LoL community is stuck in this meta. So why shouldn't LoL itself just follow the main flow and get stuck in it?


Sorry, I kinda sound unreasenable, don't know how I should express myself since I am not native english.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide