Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Future of LoL

Creator: Shadeypwns February 5, 2012 3:27pm
Dypheus
<Member>
Dypheus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2012 11:08am | Report
Problem with DotA2 is imo, its to overcomplicated, you say its a high skill cap but that is just biased. Deny'ing, cancelling attack animation that micro-management and routine is just plain ****, it isn't enjoyable but neccesary to master in order to be good. That isn't fun for me, and I think a lot of people will agreed with me on that. Dota2 has some things that I would like to see in LoL, I still acknowledge DotA2 as a good game, despite that its just the same as normal Dota only with better graphics, making it naming DotA 2 a bit ******ed as name imo. Believe me on this guys, DotA 2 has hes still hes flaws while LoL is kinda polished atm. Also on a sidenote that Rift and SWOTOR are better then WoW but just are doing bad because WoW was first is 1 argument, but isn't the biggest. Rift is just a copy, given with a semi-orginal class system, but the excecution is just bad. And SWOTOR was good in the prologue, but tends to fall off after that anyway who wants to play a MMO just because it has good quest-system, given that SWOTOR really set a milestone on how its done to put the RP in MMORPG nowadays.

I give it 2 - 3 months before people remember why they left DotA for LoL, only asians will prob stick to DotA 2 because... Asians.
If League of Legends is gay, then I am super****.
~Feel free to add me on LoL (EUW) Omerta, or on Skype: Joniakagod
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2012 11:35am | Report
These little things (escpecially denying) will split good players from bad player.
LoL's botlane is only about last hitting and harrassing. No denying (which would be the sups job).

And I will never acknowledge LoL as a polished game.. the Air Client got better, but it's still ****. Ppl often have Bugs in Champselect and sometimes you can't even access the Stats after a game and just have to skip it.

And that point 'it isn't fun' is just an excute for not enough micromanagement. And LoL has cancel attackanimations, too (Yi Crit e.g.). It was probably not planned, but Riot said it is a part of the 'game mechanics'. So random **** like this is part of the Lol game mechanics... great.

And the worse, yes the thing that gets on my nerves the most, is the ****in FoW (JUST ****). e.g.you stand somewhere, killing an enemy, he runs around a wall and BAM away. Not even a trace or fading vision. (Actually that's in DotA, too I think?)
But now: You are standing on high ground. YES HIGH GROUND. WHY THE HELL CAN'T YOU LOOK DOWN? Why can I not see down from a hill/cliff?
Do all LoL champs have acrophobia?
Dypheus
<Member>
Dypheus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2012 11:55am | Report
xIchi wrote:

These little things (escpecially denying) will split good players from bad player.
LoL's botlane is only about last hitting and harrassing. No denying (which would be the sups job).

Just because those little things will split the good players from bad player doesn't mean its a good thing, its overcomplicating things. I could put reaction-time events in Moba games where you need to put a 8 digit code as fast as you can while playing a game of pong to make the skil most effective, its still no fun. Simplicity over luxery of higher skillcap imo. Also Denying isn't the support job its a job the carry and the support does, or the mid laner, just some1 who happens to be close to it and has time to deny. Btw did you ever though what impact denying does in laning phase? It makes the lane passive, both of the players are to busy deny 'ing and last hitting stuff, even the support is to busy to last hit stuff, denying will stop the lane from pushing, so you general stay at 1 place to keep farming. Also on DotA.

Quoted:
And I will never acknowledge LoL as a polished game.. the Air Client got better, but it's still ****. Ppl often have Bugs in Champselect and sometimes you can't even access the Stats after a game and just have to skip it.

I exacly ment the game itself, haters gonna hate, but the game is pretty balanced for a Moba, it could be way worser.

Quoted:
And that point 'it isn't fun' is just an excute for not enough micromanagement. And LoL has cancel attackanimations, too (Yi Crit e.g.). It was probably not planned, but Riot said it is a part of the 'game mechanics'. So random **** like this is part of the Lol game mechanics... great.

I only could imagine to cancel attack animation on Yi only when you planning to gank, because canceling it mid fight is just dps loss. Now i'm not aware of the attackanimation cancelling of Yi. Anyway attackanimation cancelling isn't a core for LoL mechanics while it is for Dota. As for excuse for micromanagement, see point 1.

Quoted:
And the worse, yes the thing that gets on my nerves the most, is the ****in FoW (JUST ****). e.g.you stand somewhere, killing an enemy, he runs around a wall and BAM away. Not even a trace or fading vision. (Actually that's in DotA, too I think?)
But now: You are standing on high ground. YES HIGH GROUND. WHY THE HELL CAN'T YOU LOOK DOWN? Why can I not see down from a hill/cliff?
Do all LoL champs have acrophobia?

Then you love DotA 2. Though you can see a bit through cliffs (not that much mind you), you prob will have a harder time of the 'juking' there because that will annoy you a lot more. Though I found that a general cool aspect of the game.
If League of Legends is gay, then I am super****.
~Feel free to add me on LoL (EUW) Omerta, or on Skype: Joniakagod
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2012 12:03pm | Report
xIchi doesn't even like LoL, you can't expect him to understand the subtleties.
example1013
<Member>
example1013's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2012 3:26pm | Report
Tbh I just play LoL as a distraction. I'm waiting for a good siege PVP MMO (or emu) to open up so I can finally get back to burning my enemies' cities down.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2012 3:40pm | Report
The main problem of LoL, IMO, is the metagame. Every. Single. Game. Look. Alike. Because. Of. That. Stupid. Metagame. Actually, the ONLY place where you can try something new, is in a full 5v5 premade. It kinda sucks, really.

If other Metagame were used, LoL could actually rivalize (is it even a word?) DOTA2 IMO.

But that is up to the community, not Riot. And god only knows how much LoL love their damned metagame.

I also agree with Dypheus. LoL balance is very good for a moba. It's far from perfect, but it's great compared to some other similar game.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2012 4:46pm | Report
Yeahp.

Don't worry, over the next year some new ideas are gonna be accepted and I think the balance tweaks have brought the game to a place where some new ideas can be brought into play soon as well :)
Shadeypwns
<Member>
Shadeypwns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2012 4:55pm | Report
Fox Rage wrote:

The main problem of LoL, IMO, is the metagame. Every. Single. Game. Look. Alike. Because. Of. That. Stupid. Metagame. Actually, the ONLY place where you can try something new, is in a full 5v5 premade. It kinda sucks, really.

If other Metagame were used, LoL could actually rivalize (is it even a word?) DOTA2 IMO.

But that is up to the community, not Riot. And god only knows how much LoL love their damned metagame.

I also agree with Dypheus. LoL balance is very good for a moba. It's far from perfect, but it's great compared to some other similar game.

100% agree, Riot needs to take the time before DotA 2 comes out to give people a reason to stay with their game.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2012 6:52pm | Report
Word!
LoL/Riot atm isnt doing enough to keep the fan base, the only thing that holds it where it is, is the fact that there's no other Moba game (nooooo, HoN doesnt count) around.

DotA2 is a 100% copy of DotA without the problem of a non-existent lobby etc. of a stand-alone game, that's bound to capture the attention of many ppl out there.
Only the adaption into the steam-system could be one huge problem if too many ppl decide to play DotA2.

Also you cant compare this situation to WoW.
It's not like you'll loose hundreds and hundreds of hours/bucks or the guys your playing with by switching to DotA2 ...
(Not referring to anyone who owns every damn skin in the game...)
Pineberry
<Member>
Pineberry's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2012 8:31pm | Report
I remember denying back in Dota...those were good times. I feel like Dota 2 will work for old fans who really liked the old style. However if it was anything like it was before (mages go herp late game) then it's not appealing.

Also LoL is free, so I think that's a big point.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide