Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

The Leave/Absence Thread

Creator: jhoijhoi June 24, 2011 7:42am
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 8:24pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

@Rudmed: The problem isn't the enemies. The problem is myself. I played last night as if I'd never played a champion before in my life and it was scary. What if I have conditioned myself only to ever play as Sona? A hero that only has one targeted spell? Or Ashe with two?

I said recently that Bot games are the only games to make me happy.

If bot games don't make me happy anymore, then why play? :/

Jhoij let me tell ya something. The fact that you believe you have conditioned yourself to just play Ashe or Sona is just crazy in the first place. You wanna know something when I first played I started with morde. Guess what I thought I would never play him, but guess what. I love him and play him well. This is after months of not playing him. Now if you want to learn how to play Leblanc/Kat well I can teach ya how to Leblanc, and Wrath well...yeah he knows kat like the back of his hand.

Edit: Also there is a term for having a rough go for a while. Its called an unlucky streak...guess what everyone has those from time to time.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 9:46pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

@Rudmed: The problem isn't the enemies. The problem is myself. I played last night as if I'd never played a champion before in my life and it was scary. What if I have conditioned myself only to ever play as Sona? A hero that only has one targeted spell? Or Ashe with two?

I said recently that Bot games are the only games to make me happy.

If bot games don't make me happy anymore, then why play? :/

OMG I get it!

I can't play AD carries for ****. If they can be played AP I will do it no matter how "not as good" it is.

Oh and did I mention that I play supports as caster DPS's?

I wasn't doing badly or anything, but I got tired of the worthless, undervalued feeling I get when I play.

So I stopped.

It's been a while...and the next time I play it will be on a smurf account with one of my noob buddies.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2011 1:06am | Report
Yea, streaks like that happen, and when I get a little bugged at the game I either try again or take a break and play something else like TF2!!@!@!@!!11!1!11

but yea, some champs take a little while to get used to

and stop thinking you are bad, it is like you have gaming anorexia

in fact, you are one of the best players I've played with in a while, telling us to ward and what not ^^

but yea, you should get back into da game, and play Kat, and I can see what you are doing <3
Bloofyre wrote:
May a squadron of beautiful vaginas find their way to your crotch by day's end.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2011 7:40am | Report
The term "gaming anorexia" made me laugh out loud :P Thanks for the positive feedback guys, but it's not just a "losing streak" it's actually beyond that.

Anyway, it's been one day since I threatened not to play LoL, and I haven't suffered withdrawal symptoms yet.

Still loling over "gaming anorexia" <3
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2011 7:46am | Report
*gives some attention* now you can play again...
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2011 7:56am | Report
^ haha, nice try. I'm seriously going to avoid playing LoL for a while, the positive aspects of not playing it have already manifested. For instance, I haven't raged at all today due to the fact that I haven't played LoL.

It's been amazing - reverting back to a time when I didn't rage every half an hour about a game o.O LoL scares me.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
BigDaddyPedro
<Member>
BigDaddyPedro's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2011 10:02am | Report
U sound like HotshotGG in disguise.
No offence intended.
But raging over LoL is a waste of healthy brain cells, I learned this teh hard way :p
Zhank you to jhoijhoi and Spoon as well as wRAth for the awesomez Sigz <3
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2011 10:07am | Report
-.-
Im garbage at this game, but I know WHY...Im just to lazy to fix it in normals.
I still do stupid **** and yet, Kat went free I decided to try that ***** out and go look at Wrath's guide..15-0 like a boss.
Next game, 0-0-23 Soraka.
You HAVE to find a champ that you are comfy with and are willing to go through thick and thin with. Yeah, that sounds like it takes it to a level where its no longer a game, but lets be honest here. Most of us dont see this as a "Just a video game" Its more than that, why else are you so mad over this, no offense I hope you know what I mean by that without context.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2011 10:07am | Report
I just realized that it wasn't helping me at all. It made me feel worse about myself (this website has done that to a certain extent also). So I'm taking a break (from the game).
Lazukin
<Member>
Lazukin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2011 2:26pm | Report
Well, I barely played with you, but you kicked *** as Sona >_>

It's probably good for you to quit for three weeks though, I mean, playing games with you is fun and all but not playing LoL will probably improve your life, let's be honest. I am a lot more happy in general when I haven't been playing too much LoL, but I basically always come back to it anyway. They should add "Please play responsibly" to this game >_<

But yeah, have fun :O

I make sigs, PM me if you want one :D (Thanks for the Nidalee sig, The_Nameless_Bard!)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide