Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The reason blogs are garbage mobafire and how...

Creator: throatslasher April 26, 2013 2:05pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2013 9:18pm | Report
I would suggest we promote a few authors that are known as current active bloggers with interesting, quality posts. From there, you guys can work with Scouts (and Vets) to flag articles as featured. If someone is getting featured a lot, then we can feature the author :)

I might suggest a rule that we keep featured articles to be only LoL-relevant, though. I am happy for people to post off-topic articles but, I think the featured section should be reserved for articles that will be interesting to LoL players specifically.
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2013 9:31pm | Report
Matt wrote:

I would suggest we promote a few authors that are known as current active bloggers with interesting, quality posts. From there, you guys can work with Scouts (and Vets) to flag articles as featured. If someone is getting featured a lot, then we can feature the author :)

I might suggest a rule that we keep featured articles to be only LoL-relevant, though. I am happy for people to post off-topic articles but, I think the featured section should be reserved for articles that will be interesting to LoL players specifically.

would this mean, that say, if I were to be one of those "authors" at some point, down the line, I would have to post exclusively LoL related blogs? like, would this limit authors to only LoL related blogs, or can they write non related ones as well?
Ban out GoodPlays GG
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2013 9:38pm | Report
No, there is a flag on the edit article page, where you can remove your own article from the feature section. So if you're a featured author and you want to post an off topic article that you don't want to show up in the featured list, you can still do that :)
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2013 9:51pm | Report
Right, because I don't think I'll become one of the first "authors" or anything, but I intend on starting to write consistent weekly to bi weekly blogs from now on.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2013 1:30am | Report
Matt wrote:

That's too bad, considering that I myself are off-topic most of the time :P
Can we maybe add a section or something for off-topic posts aswell, or something like that? :D
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Thalia Kael

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2013 11:12am | Report
Well the majority of users that click in to see featured blogs, are here for the game. We can discuss allowing off-topic posts but, those will mainly be interesting to other members of this community, so I think it's ok to keep them to the main listing.

Well let's just get this up and you guys can start using it and see what you think. We can always continue to tweak the system and rules :)
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2013 11:36am | Report
Ok guys the new blog features are up!! Now, don't get too excited, this isn't set in stone, and in particular the featured authors are going to be reviewed more in depth and adjusted as time goes on. So if you are featured now, that doesn't mean you will stay featured, and if you were not featured, that doesn't mean you won't be featured soon :) I am going to hand this off to Mowen, and she will do a proper review of authors to feature. I will also be discussing some updates to the blog rules with her.

NOW, a little explanation of the changes :)

Articles now have three levels. "Featured" (this is the default for all featured authors), "Listed" (this is the default for all new authors) and "Delisted". I think this is pretty self-explanatory. Scouts have the power to mark articles as Featured. Mods have the power to mark articles as Delisted.

Additionally, authors can be slotted into the same three levels. Mowen has the power to do this. An author marked as "Featured" will automatically have their articles set to "Featured". Delisted authors are essentially banned from the main blog listing, though they can still keep posting to their own blog.

The home page is much simpler now. It has three tabs;

-"New" includes all articles that are not delisted and that meet the minimum length requirement.
-"Featured" includes all articles that are marked as featured by Scouts and up, or are written by featured authors and not delisted.
-"All" includes all articles that meet the minimum length requirement, even delisted articles.

All three tabs are filtered to exclude articles that are less than 300 characters in length. We can increase this later if necessary.

The sidebar has been replaced with a list of the currently featured authors. Mowen has the ability to manage this list at any time and we'll be sorting out the initial set of authors over the next week.

You will now see a checkbox on your articles that will allow you to mark your own article as "delisted", in case you want to remove it from the featured or main listing yourself.

I already have a list of changes I'd like to make once this gets rolling (not including ALL featured author articles, giving featured authors more granular control over their listings, allowing featured authors to feature other people's articles, etc...) but, that's where it's at right now!

Let me know what you think!
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2013 11:40am | Report
I think I just had a little ****** right now :P
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Thalia Kael

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2013 11:43am | Report
Awesome, matt! Already hard at work on my next major blog. *hint* it's a tier list.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2013 11:55am | Report
Looking forward to it!!

Btw, the featured tab right now is full of off-topic posts. I will be sorting that all out with Mowen later on :) So there will be some updates throughout today/tomorrow.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide