Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

The reason blogs are garbage mobafire and how...

Creator: throatslasher April 26, 2013 2:05pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2013 6:27pm | Report
Seriously that helped me alot, because Im picking Koggie up as one of my main carries ^^
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2013 7:47pm | Report
I would like to suggest putting a hold on nominations and allowing people to vote for featured authors in a dedicated thread. As it is, the title of this thread makes it unclear that anything even remotely similar to voting is going to happen here, and an official thread made by Matt and advertised to say that "Voting for featured blog authors happens here!" is necessary, in my opinion.

That being said, I'd like to share one of my experiences with blogging. I used to be a featured writer for TCGPlayer about three years ago, back when I was actually pretty into competitive Yu-Gi-Oh. The way it worked was that anybody could write blogs, but select featured bloggers would be featured on the front page and would receive tens of thousands of page views compared to a typical blog entry's 10-100. Featured bloggers were paid, as well - I would receive about $20 for writing a 5,000-word article. For example, Jason Grabher-Meyer was a featured writer back when I was still blogging, and he's still going at it today, if you wanna check.

Jason would typically head over to the big tournaments and provide coverage on the top players, what decks they were using, and maybe focus on a particular game or match. Other bloggers would recap entire tournaments, or analyze a metagame shift such as, for example, how Lightsworn fared against Chaos Dragons with the new booster pack coming out (similar to an analysis of how top champions are affected by the latest patch). These styles of writing are effectively covered by eSports Central, and would be redundant on MOBAFire - although blogs covering these topics are certainly welcome.

Personally, I covered theorycraft, especially for the more obscure combos and decks. This is an area where MOBAFire blogs could thrive. There's been some mention in this thread of mathcrafting being quite popular, and that's something that eSports Central doesn't cover, and would definitely deserve a featured spot.

We don't have to pay bloggers, but I support the idea of having a few featured writers that have earned the right to front page visibility. One foreseeable downside is the lack of space on the current front page, and the fear that it would seem too cluttered, though.

Anyway, that's my wisdom on the topic.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2013 11:17am | Report
Jebus, interesting... Well, one step at a time :) I think these improvements will help quite a lot, and we'll see what emerges from it! If someone starts writing a particularly popular blog, we would definitely look for ways to promote it :) Definitely keep the ideas coming!

This updated layout and the improved feature system should be going up tomorrow, I'll update you guys here when it is :)

Regarding voting on featured bloggers, it's going to be an ongoing thing, we can definitely start a thread for it. For now I just wanted to get a few of the more obvious choices featured. I'm hoping that once the system goes up and people start to see it being used, we'll have a few more nominations, and hopefully some more bloggers popping up. We'll see!

Also, as soon as this goes up, all Scouts and higher will be able to pick out articles to feature, so they can help find good writers to promote to featured bloggers :)
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2013 11:26am | Report
Matt, I love you. no ****. <3
TheBlueReaper
<Member>
TheBlueReaper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2013 11:48am | Report
This is a great idea.Looking at it now my two blog posts are also pretty pointless and could have been posted elsewhere.
Regarding the nominations-throatslasher,OTG,DarkPercy,Lasty,TinyStar.Can't think of anyone else atm.
Thanks to jhoijhoi , TinyStar , Minho, Hogopogo , TheNamelessBard and GMD for the sigs!
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2013 11:50am | Report
Can I nominate myself? :3

I just like blogging :P
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Bludes
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
TheBlueReaper
<Member>
TheBlueReaper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2013 12:05pm | Report
Oh, yeah! How can I forget The Banana :P
Thanks to jhoijhoi , TinyStar , Minho, Hogopogo , TheNamelessBard and GMD for the sigs!
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2013 12:06pm | Report
Hurray :D
Change is gooooood
Picture by: MrMad2000

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
TinyStar
<Altruistic Artist>
TinyStar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2013 1:22pm | Report
Awwwwwwwh,you ready my blogs. :3 A lot of people think my blogs are weird or "TMI"(which some of them are,but idc XD), but 99% of the time it helps me get out some thoughts. On Facebook people can take things the wrong way,so I can't use it as an outlet. Nobody here knows me in real life. I can come here,vent, and feel better. I do love blogging though. I would love being a regular blogger here on MobaFire. <3

Me personally, even though I don't read a whole lot of blogs, I like your idea. (: Maybe Moba will do something or use your idea. <3
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2013 3:08pm | Report
I don't intend to be nominated but I'll be doing weekly or bi weekly blogs when I have something I can post a decent blog about that doesn't fit here.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide