Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

the Transition to Ranked

Creator: Spaceycoww January 13, 2012 2:13pm
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2012 6:34am | Report
^Partly true, partly false.

The more people who "play ranked as soon as you can and as often you can", the more inexperienced and incapable(unknowing, if you will) will simply appear.

The thing is, that a lot of people actually DO start ranked very early, but since normal wins have no saying in who you get matched with. So when you start ranked late, you can be matched with those who start early. You will have runes, and much more experience, so you will have an easier time being able to possibly carry your team to victory. This is why I think that if you start late, you should choose something like Solo Top or Mid, so that you can potentially stomp the enemy top/mid who started early.

Starting early is BAD. You WILL meet enemies with full rune pages, and lots of variety and capabilities to counterpick, while you will not have that many runes, and not that many options for champions either. That brings you at a great disadvantage. Not to mention your inexperience.

@OP: How great a score you once had, doesn't affect future games. Everything, and I mean everything varies from game to game. That's partly why you can't just go "WOOOO IM A BAUWZZ I GOT 21/6 IN A GAME ONCE UPON A TIME" and charge into the enemy at level one.

Use your sense. Sense will take you forward.
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2012 10:20am | Report
Master 10 champions.

Then jump into ranked =).

Meaning as in make their skills muscle memory.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2012 10:38am | Report
Play normals, get IP, buy runes, once you have 2, 3, or 4 rune set ups IE: Tank/AP Carry/AD Carry/ AD Off Tank THEN you need to choose a few select champs for each roll...Right now for me I feel comfortable with Cass/Ahri/Annie for APs, Corki/Vayne for ranged AD, Udyr/Tryn/Xin for AD Junglers or OTs and not really anything for tanks....Because I'm too aggressive and farming as a tank requires patience.

Runes I use depending on who I'm playing

Marks: Arp/Mpen/Flat HP
Seals: AS/Armor/AP per level/HP per level/Flat HP/AS
Glyphs: Flat MR/AP Per level/Flat Mana/AS
Quints: Arp/AS/Flat AP/Flat HP/Flat Mana

these are by no means the best runes. But they are some pretty basic options for "generic" pages IMO.

ONCE you have your rune pages 1 or 2 at the least, then you need to play games using them. After you feel comfortable enough with your set ups THEN you can transition to ranked...Just my 2 cents.
TheWeekndOVOXO
<Member>
TheWeekndOVOXO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2012 1:10pm | Report
Quoted:

If you're a baddie, play supports... u can never buy too many wards...
If you're even baddie'er don't play rankeds.. i didn't start playing rankeds before i had like 400 games...

What? What?
No, I mean what?
Baddies play support, since when?

I honestly think supports are one of the hardest type of champions to play in this game. It's either you have a pro Alistair making extremely good setups, or one that does nothing but heal and ward. Then again, you have a support that's playing Janna that can't even hit her tornado, or even use her ult offensively/defensively.

Really. If anything, Tanky AD is what 'baddies' should play.

Your post annoyed me a lot.
(Discontinued)
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2012 1:30pm | Report
IDK about one of the "hardest" roles to play...

People go off on "right click to win" champs because they think the name says it all. What do you get when you right click to win and you're out of position? I'm not saying AD carries are all that hard, but there is more to them then just right clicking someone.

And I think he was getting at the fact that supports are rather boring to some people (I can't stand playing em really). Something about watching your teammate take all the CS while you just make sure to shield or heal them accordingly....
Cartographer7
<Member>
Cartographer7's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2012 2:14pm | Report
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2012 2:22pm | Report
^^ Nope still looks boring
TheWeekndOVOXO
<Member>
TheWeekndOVOXO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2012 2:26pm | Report

^^ Nope still looks boring

Agreed. It is the responsibility and the stress that gets me fired up. I feel like if I don't babysit my carry well enough, I get the full blame. Supports change the way it goes in the bottom lane. Although it might LOOK boring, it is a difficult task that needs to be done by someone.
(Discontinued)
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2012 2:34pm | Report
Heal, mana, shield, buff...Pick one and you're doing your job as a support. Doesn't seem all that challanging. Doesn't look challanging either. Why could that be? Well with a competant lane partner your job isn't difficult. But if you have an idiot for a lane mate who puts themselves repeatidly in bad posisitons well then, I guess you actually have to do something aside from afk in a bush.

I see things one way, you support players see it differently. I'm not saying the support role isn't important in team comps....I'm not saying your job cant AT TIMES be stressful....But to me the support role is boring, it has always been boring, it can have it's excitement...But for 90% of it, I fall asleep.
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2012 3:12pm | Report
/b/ sucks! 100mil get
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide