Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

the Transition to Ranked

Creator: Spaceycoww January 13, 2012 2:13pm
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 3:27pm | Report
tbh. the problematic in soloQ should be your teammates - trolls and stuff if you aren't good enough yet you shouldn't go for ranked - focus on some champs like 2-3 positions 1-2 champs +that should help

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Spaceycoww
<Member>
Spaceycoww's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 5:01pm | Report
Thanks!! I have never really stuck with a champ and now trying to. Sticking with GP for a long time. :)

whoa wtf? triple most? woa....
+Rep me Plz!!/Thanks to the GrandMasterD, Xiaowiriamu, Missmaw, LaCorpse, The_Nameless_Bard, Spooon and Myself for the Sigs!!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 7:22pm | Report
I don't mean 400 normals sorry lol.

I mean get 4-500 normal wins.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 7:37pm | Report
^Sounds about right to me. It depends on what rating you're shooting for, but if you want to be above low and low-mid elo, you're going to want 400+ wins usually. I'm nearing 500 and I still don't feel totally ready for ranked.

I'll probably force myself to do it soon though.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 8:16pm | Report
I played ranked at 150-200 wins :p
idk why you're all waiting so long, just master a champion and play, it gets easier as you win.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 8:46pm | Report
gp is a very good choice ;)
but 1. many people want to pick him and 2. sometimes banned

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 8:46pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Wait until 400 or 500 normals and then play ranked.

You're not gonna carry yourself anywhere as a fresh 30.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
ClearDays
<Member>
ClearDays's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 8:55pm | Report
I started playing ranked at 200 wins. At the end of season 1 I had a record of about 8-5 because the season ended before I could really get anywhere. ( Note : I played in premades of 5 over ranked )

Now, starting off playing ranked in Season 2 with 400 wins, I've noticed I no longer have to struggle when I hit the 1100-1200 ELO bracket anymore, it's just that easy. Honestly, some the of the people in ranked don't have a single rune ( YES I CHECK ). People like me ABUSE that fact, focussing the weakest link for the insane amount of gold. Yes, there are trolls, but usually there is only 1/2 people who have no clue what they're doing, and there is usually 1 person on the other team who is noticeably bad. A chain is only as strong as the weakest link.

Maybe you happened to be that person, a fresh lvl 30, that the people with a lot more experience pick on. Just practice. I learned a LOT more from when I was a level 30 to about 300 wins later, mainly due to the fact that I played for a competitive team for about a month.

Much love to The Nameless Bard for this sexy picture<3
Brentaxe
<Member>
Brentaxe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2012 4:07am | Report
Hmmm people are saying to play more normal games, but playing ranked gives you a lot more experience than playing norms, also try to party up with people and play semi serious to get used to the intensity of ranked.
this place is a dump
fifolek
<Member>
fifolek's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2012 4:23am | Report
well i see people saying and well i said it earlier aswell, first get X amount of normal games then play rankeds.

im not sure of this anymore.

there is a difference between normal games and ranked games, atleast i think so.

people in ranked games take the game more serious then normal games, i mean like when i play normal games i dont look for the team compilation i just play whatever i want and i dont mind going bot with noct when my cousin already picked ashe (and winning this game o.O)
and that is how most people think (like why else would you see full tank teams or full ranged ad teams there? never seen this in a ranked)

in my opinion (as im a noob this is probably wrong but anyways): play rankeds as soon as you can and as much as you can.
you will get to your ELO and then you can improve, if you improve your elo will get better, thats it. btw if you have the feelign that you are feeding atm, dont worry **** happens.
if you get someone like me in your team then simply: /ignore Magictongue
thats what I do when people flame to much
and enjoy the game :)
btw if you are below 1200 ELO play whatever you want, meta doesnt work there, you should however have like 1 ap and 1 ranged ad carry, nto necessary but helpful for sure

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide