Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Tips on Ryze vs Xerath

Creator: utopus February 27, 2013 2:21am
1 2
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2013 5:12pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

You should really be running MR glyphs, not flat AP.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2013 5:26pm | Report
Too poor to buy more rune pages.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2013 5:34pm | Report
you should be running flat MR glyphs on all AP carries anyways...unless you know you're laning against an AD...then you can use MR/level.

instead of AP.

just sayin'

and flat armor seals
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2013 1:14am | Report
Ryze doesn't have much range. Xerath has A LOT of range.

You were facing a hard matchup.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2013 9:11am | Report
flat ap glyphs suck anyways, scaling are much better.

*CLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOP*

jojojotb
<Member>
jojojotb's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 1, 2013 1:51am | Report
well let me start off by saying that ryze DOESN'T get **** on by xerath. as ryze you should be running magic penetration marks, flat mana yellows and flat magic resistance blues. as ryze your ap scaling is not good at all so don't even bother with it in his rune page. for quints you want movement speed. this is what is going to save you combined with boots. now in lane you must play ryze like a boxer. weave in and out dodging xerath's q, whenever he goes to last hit smack him with your q, whenever he misses his q, you have to q,w,q him and immediately back off because arcanopulse will be off cd by then and you don't want to be stunned. now what you are gonna want to rush is banshee's veil. I can't tell you how many times i came back into lane with a tear negatron cloak and merc treads and was making xerath cry when i would poke him, flash in, and combo him to death and walk away clean. as ryze, you are gonna be a tank. it is just how his build runs. however, you deal a LOAD of damage for having a ridiculous amount of survivability because frozen heart, banshee's veil, and rod of aging all come with mana, and mana is what our abilities scale off of primarily. so while the lane is in xerath's favor it doesn't start to show till post 6 unless he runs oom in lane. so pre 6, get in there farm like a madman and get tanky cause once he hits 6 is when even if he misses his q he can always stun you with his ultimate and if you havent farmed enough for your magic resist your gonna know just why he counter's you. tl:dr get boots and tear of the goddess then rush banshee's veil and stomp
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 1, 2013 9:50am | Report
How to survive lane? Alt+f4

Shudnt ever pick Ryze vs Xerath
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 1, 2013 9:56am | Report
You pretty much have to dodge his Q to have any chance of not feeding. If he hits 6 before you, it's going to be a very hard lane.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 1, 2013 10:08am | Report
jojojotb wrote:

well let me start off by saying that ryze DOESN'T get **** on by xerath. as ryze you should be running magic penetration marks, flat mana yellows and flat magic resistance blues. as ryze your ap scaling is not good at all so don't even bother with it in his rune page. for quints you want movement speed. this is what is going to save you combined with boots. now in lane you must play ryze like a boxer. weave in and out dodging xerath's q, whenever he goes to last hit smack him with your q, whenever he misses his q, you have to q,w,q him and immediately back off because arcanopulse will be off cd by then and you don't want to be stunned. now what you are gonna want to rush is banshee's veil. I can't tell you how many times i came back into lane with a tear negatron cloak and merc treads and was making xerath cry when i would poke him, flash in, and combo him to death and walk away clean. as ryze, you are gonna be a tank. it is just how his build runs. however, you deal a LOAD of damage for having a ridiculous amount of survivability because frozen heart, banshee's veil, and rod of aging all come with mana, and mana is what our abilities scale off of primarily. so while the lane is in xerath's favor it doesn't start to show till post 6 unless he runs oom in lane. so pre 6, get in there farm like a madman and get tanky cause once he hits 6 is when even if he misses his q he can always stun you with his ultimate and if you havent farmed enough for your magic resist your gonna know just why he counter's you. tl:dr get boots and tear of the goddess then rush banshee's veil and stomp

Joined April 30,2012 but decided to save his first comment for this topic rofl
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)
]
Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide