Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Too scared to play ranked?

Creator: WarlordShen June 24, 2012 5:32am
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2012 7:04am | Report

A thousand times this. The problem in ranked is players who hit 30, and then play nothing but ranked. They troll in ranked, they tryhard in ranked, they play characters for the first time in ranked. Don't be one of those people.

Imagine League of Legends is like a mullet. You keep the business in the front (Ranked), and keep the party in the back (normals). Don't mix your hair up man. Don't mix your hair up.

Playing champs for the 1. time isn't even a problem if you are decent at this game and saw the champs several times + READ their skills you'll do fine. Just play it safe.
Did this several times cuz people said "X" counters "Y" just so they would be happy not like I am saying you should play champs in ranked for the 1. time but it's not like you'll fail if you have at least some brain :3

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2012 10:00am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Rating at the end.

Gaaarh..... 1535 elo... i have 15 elo to loose :o

Is there long until season finale?
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2012 1:31pm | Report
Duff: there is no spoon
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Totallynotn00b
<Guide Critic>
Totallynotn00b's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2012 2:51pm | Report
Learn to play the champions required to utterly demolish your lane.... or at least, be able to hyper-carry.

Be prepared for morons.

Learn to communicate and rally/motivate your team. What's obvious to you isn't obvious to everyone.

Be prepared for morons.

Don;t be one of those "HAI I DONT PLAY SUPPORT!" people.

Be prepared for morons.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2012 4:13pm | Report
Quoted:

Gaaarh..... 1535 elo... i have 15 elo to loose :o

Is there long until season finale?

I believe it's in... October? x_x I can't remember for sure, but I think that you'd decay below 1500 if you waited. I suggest playing A LOT now and getting up closer to 1600. Give yourself plenty of time.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2012 4:18pm | Report

Don;t be one of those "HAI I DONT PLAY SUPPORT!" people.

Be prepared for morons.

Errr I would actually highly recommend not playing supports until like at LEAST 1600 elo. The players down there are soooo awful o:
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2012 4:24pm | Report
Last year it was the beginning of September.

Keep in mind they may change the Elo requirements for gold and plat based on the % of people. They most likely won't up it at the last second, since too many people would rage, last year they lowered it significantly, idk if they will this year tho. If anything I would think they would raise it since many more people are plat this season than last. They might even split it into diamond like 2500+ or something. IDK we will see soon.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2012 4:25pm | Report
If you want to play support under 1800 ELO and want to carry, play Blitzcrank. Playing anything other is you putting your 12 ELO on your teammates and hoping that they don't fail. I am warning you now. Although you might have to support at times, try to play aggressive lanes and snowball your lane. Spoonfeed your AD carry, even if they are "dumb".

React
<Member>
React's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2012 5:02pm | Report
Bro, just duo with me =D I dont know you but im 1200 elo and am having a pain in da *** getting out the 1200-1300 range cuz of trolls. Best advice, relax and play for the fun of it and always keep a positive attitude.
Did I help you? If so +Rep me for a cookie...
>>My Referal Page<<
Also, Be sure to check out my Guides below:

EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2012 9:45pm | Report
best way to get better is to rank, period

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions: