Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Top Lane

Creator: H4xDefender July 12, 2012 12:35am
29 posts - page 2 of 3
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2012 5:47am | Report
it seems like top laners are afraid of warding the lane brush. i have no idea why

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2012 5:58am | Report
EvilDice wrote:

it seems like top laners are afraid of warding the lane brush. i have no idea why

Nidalee doesn't need lanewards huehue

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2012 7:09am | Report
koksei wrote:

@ sam

2:10 - 2:30 usually some may be there at 2:10 but usually they arrive around 2:20
just be careful from 2:10 onwards

If he is not there at around 2:50 you usually have 20s where you can do wtf you want before there is a possibility of him being there again^^
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2012 9:45am | Report
Quoted:

Don't buy wards as first buy unless you're a jungler.

Don't necessarily agree with this advice o: Once you lane a little bit on your first back as a top laner with the way things are right now, you really need to get a ward.

If you can beat your lane without a real item (Several match ups work this way) and you are terrified of the jungler, literally your first items can be 3 wards and 7 hp pots or 6 hp pots 1 mana pot however you wanna work it. I've done this 4-5 times now in ranked and only lost one of the games, it's not a troll idea.

If it stops you from feeding early, and it wastes a lot of the junglers time, it can be worth a very minor item disadvantage. Also 7 pots is a TON of effective HP if you play properly and don't get full combo'd, so you'll actually very likely be able to bully your opponent with that start in the long run. And you'll have to do so, because you'll need to at LEAST break even in CS or you'll fall behind.

What advice do I have for the OP... Hrmmm.

Well 1500's-1600's weren't too difficult for me. the 1700's-1800's are a different story, the people here are just... I dunno. They are raging idiots, really. And yes you will be camped, and if you die, the entire team will call you an idiot and hate you, even if there is literally no way to escape the gank.

It doesn't even matter if mid lane/jungler/bot lane and top lane all sit in the bush top lane and kill you 6 minutes into the game, the teams are so unreasonable that they will rage and blame you.

So I suggest playing a bit more carefully. Junglers seem to desire nothing more than to just sit in the bush top and wait for you to come to lane nowadays. I hate it, but there's nothing that can be done.

Your other option is to go CRAZY balls deep aggressive so that the jungler is FORCED to camp you to prevent his lane from feeding. You just have to be careful that you don't turn into the feeder doing this. The wards becomes expensive.

EvilDice wrote:

In close lanes, sometimes wards are just a bit too much gold inversion. You need every item you can get to beat the guy.

It's like oh great, I warded tri-bush and blue and my lane. Now I'm down almost a whole cloth armor or 4 potions I could have used to beat this guy, and he's walking on my face and I lose lane anyway, so it almost doesn't matter that I warded.

Some games I ward everything because the lane is easy but the jungler is a threat, it just depends o:
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2012 10:00am | Report
This is why I prefer mid. :P
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2012 10:11am | Report
Learn to duoq with a jungler. Or if you can, take your jungler's farm and just kill the jungler when he comes. :D

tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2012 10:51am | Report
Push top invade enemy jungle.

Some champions can do this, like Shyvana or Udyr, and can just flat out gank the other jungler in his jungle and kill him.

Or you can pick someone with good escapes.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
SkullzX
<Member>
SkullzX's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2012 12:29pm | Report
You can always go the boots 1 hp pot 1 ward tactic...my friend does that a lot and he never dies pre 6 because of it.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2012 8:27pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

In close lanes, sometimes wards are just a bit too much gold inversion. You need every item you can get to beat the guy.

It's like oh great, I warded tri-bush and blue and my lane. Now I'm down almost a whole cloth armor or 4 potions I could have used to beat this guy, and he's walking on my face and I lose lane anyway, so it almost doesn't matter that I warded.

Some games I ward everything because the lane is easy but the jungler is a threat, it just depends o:

i get camped like 75% of the time because i play jax like 75% of the time.. pretty necessary and with a champ like jax you win your lane anyways :P

but really as a top laner its about reading the other jungler... i usually dont ward both at the same time, but sometimes i will ward the lane rather than the river. lane ganks are just as common nowadays

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Mikuroo
<Member>
Mikuroo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2012 9:12pm | Report
If the other top lane on my enemy team is like darius or yorick i gank right after I get blue. If i'm on purple side, I start red, even with champions like skarner. It just ruins their day, and no one expects a gank at 2:20.
yolo, teemo to strong in low elo

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide