Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Top Lane

Creator: H4xDefender July 12, 2012 12:35am
29 posts - page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2012 9:13pm | Report
Honestly, a good way to get better at avoiding jungle ganks, would be to start jungling.
You'll how it all works, and will be able to use that knowledge to defend yourself.

Or just start playing a lot more carefully.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2012 10:25pm | Report
If you can live through being camped you are doing your team a favour. You are giving them an almost jungle free laning phase. Champs that can handle this and still farm is great. Vladimir, kennen, yorick, Riven, Rumble, irelia are champions that can handle this and still farm. Also solo top vayne works well in this kind of scenario.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2012 11:40pm | Report
I play plenty of jungle, its just I don't expect jungle ganks from lane brush when I'm losing lane and when they were seen mid heading bot side like 20-30 seconds ago, its just the weird stuff that gets me.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2012 11:45pm | Report
Lane ganks are gay

But once you see a lane gank at top immediately contact your team to take drake / enemy objectives if up

And if your team is gettin a bit destroyed in other lanes try to control your lane.

Hope this helps
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2012 1:25am | Report
Oh, I see. o:

One thing to note is that if you see a jungler running smite/teleport, you'll have to be very careful o:
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2012 1:28am | Report
Quoted:

But once you see a lane gank at top immediately contact your team to take drake / enemy objectives if up

Infinity times this. Blows my mind being in Low ELO Ranked or Normal games, and people will abandon lanes to try and meet up with teammates in a 2/3/4v1 gank. Just keep pushing and punish them for ganking.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2012 1:36am | Report
Not sure why someone would run Smite Tele besides Yi but okay

:P

Against Smite Tele just keep track where the enemy wards and play the lane as if you're against a Shaco with a super long Cd for Q
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2012 1:40am | Report
I'm not sure either, but I see it sometimes ^.^''
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2012 2:51am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Don't necessarily agree with this advice o: Once you lane a little bit on your first back as a top laner with the way things are right now, you really need to get a ward.

If you can beat your lane without a real item (Several match ups work this way) and you are terrified of the jungler, literally your first items can be 3 wards and 7 hp pots or 6 hp pots 1 mana pot however you wanna work it. I've done this 4-5 times now in ranked and only lost one of the games, it's not a troll idea.

If it stops you from feeding early, and it wastes a lot of the junglers time, it can be worth a very minor item disadvantage. Also 7 pots is a TON of effective HP if you play properly and don't get full combo'd, so you'll actually very likely be able to bully your opponent with that start in the long run. And you'll have to do so, because you'll need to at LEAST break even in CS or you'll fall behind.

Sorry that was misleading. I meant as starting items lol.
And that's very situational ;o
I never get to play with weird item starts.

I've seen people do Red pot + ward on stomping lanes w/ renekton
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide