Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Typical players in this game

Creator: recnib May 29, 2013 1:44am
1 2 3
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2013 4:04pm | Report
moon has offered more than just **** to me if you know what im sayin you do know what im sayin right wink wink
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
recnib
<Member>
recnib's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2013 6:10am | Report
DillButt,hey hey am I right ;D. Anyway yeah I understand the point of just ignoring and reporting them for abuse but still its annoying.
Tauwolf
<Member>
Tauwolf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2013 7:50pm | Report
I just started playing a few days ago. Had a few people make a couple of games less enjoyable. Normally I ignore them but the reply "Yeah, I'm a noob/I suck, but at least I'm not an a-hole..." worked to quiet them down.
Omnislash GG
<Member>
Omnislash GG's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2013 12:56am | Report
I'm thinking the people that act like that.. Probably aren't on the forums here. They're thinking they're all that, so I don't think they'd seek help in the forums.

I usually just try to casually deflect the comment. If they persist, then the block button becomes my best friend.
recnib
<Member>
recnib's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2013 1:23pm | Report
Yes I have found some solice in that mute button, and Tauwolf that's a good one actually I'll try that :P
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2013 10:21pm | Report
I really really hate muting people. Like, what if he's talking to me? What if he's telling our team a plan and everyone follows it but me because I muted him and then it fails? I just can't hit that mute button... and I also have trouble not answering back to trash talk. I am slowly improving though. Somedays I'm like magic and simply give 0 ****s about what they say. I wish everyday would be magic day.
Nighthawk:

quit flirting with my waifu

or i'll fight you

TO THE DEATH

DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2013 11:32pm | Report
im the same way about the mute button, its better to have 100% communication even if 20% of it is some guy calling everyone a noob
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Luftwaffel
<Member>
Luftwaffel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2013 12:38am | Report
Typically if someone who is using offensive language towards you and is just generally being immature about the whole situation they wouldn't be using strategy or calling ganks or saying anything productive in the chat. They're just the trolls who like to be jerks towards the new people.
Signature image provided by Bjarn
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2013 12:46am | Report
DarkPercy wrote:

I really really hate muting people. Like, what if he's talking to me? What if he's telling our team a plan and everyone follows it but me because I muted him and then it fails? I just can't hit that mute button... and I also have trouble not answering back to trash talk. I am slowly improving though. Somedays I'm like magic and simply give 0 ****s about what they say. I wish everyday would be magic day.

Ask wrath about it, he has the same problem. Once he finally started muting people his attitude and performance improved a lot. It seems like muting someone might cost you if they try to coordinate something, but most of the time, the people you need to mute aren't going to say anything helpful. Statistically, I'd bet muting a toxic player is going to win you more games than the number of games you'd lose because you missed out on what they're saying.

I'm pretty sure pings go through, which is how most people communicate 90% of the strategy in soloqueue anyway. If you have difficulty refraining from arguing with trolls and ragers and are distracted by their *****ing, I really recommend using the mute button.
Thanks to Minho for the sig!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2013 12:55am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Ask wrath about it, he has the same problem. Once he finally started muting people his attitude and performance improved a lot. It seems like muting someone might cost you if they try to coordinate something, but most of the time, the people you need to mute aren't going to say anything helpful. Statistically, I'd bet muting a toxic player is going to win you more games than the number of games you'd lose because you missed out on what they're saying.

I'm pretty sure pings go through, which is how most people communicate 90% of the strategy in soloqueue anyway. If you have difficulty refraining from arguing with trolls and ragers and are distracted by their *****ing, I really recommend using the mute button.

I hardly ever mute anyone mostly because I find their comments to be amusing rather than actually hurtful.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide