Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Udyr. A few questions.

Creator: Babit August 29, 2011 12:44pm
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 12:44pm | Report
So I just got udyr last night, and I have some general questions.

Tiger or Pheonix?

Jungle?

What items do you build on him normally? Wits end/wriggles? or more dps or just w/e the situation calls?

theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 1:03pm | Report
have you checked any guides on him? I would recommend this guide: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/who-is-your-jungler-and-what-does-he-do-114118?page=1
but it seems the content was deleted somehow.

Basically tiger udyr has slower jungle but better ganks and single target burst
Pheonix udyr has faster jungle and more utility in teamfights
It's really just preference
VoiD
<Member>
VoiD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 3:47pm | Report
Tanky DPS - Tiger
Tank - Phoenix

I prefer tiger udyr, because it deals more damage overall but phoenix jungle is faster.

Jungle with him, with the recent turtle nerf he isn't that good of a laner anymore.

Get cloth armor, a ward, and health pots.

I usually ward the enemy jungle and if you have someone with CV ask for him to cv their jungle to find out their starting route.

If the enemy is starting at blue:
Wolves -> Enemy Wraiths (smite the blue one if you feel unsafe) -> Enemy small golems -> Your Wraiths -> Wolves -> Small Golem.

If enemy is starting at small golem:
Start at the enemy blue, and udyr doesnt need leash with the right runes. Enemy blue -> enemy wolves -> small golem -> wraiths -> wolves.

If the enemy is starting at wraiths:
Start at your blue. Blue as fastest you can, ask for a good leash if you dont wanna waste smite. -> ememy small golem -> your wolves -> wraiths -> small golem.

Runes (tiger):
3x Attack speed marks
6x Armor Pen marks
9x Armor Yellow
9x Attack speed blue
3x Armor pen

Items:
1. Wriggles
2. boots
3. HoG
4. Upgrade boots (perferably merc threads)
5. Frozen Mallet
6. Atma
7. Rest situational.

Hope this helped, +Rep if I did please ^_^ good luck.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 4:13pm | Report
Since the nerfs, Jungle Udyr isn't quite as strong. Lanedyr is very strong as well. TheRainMan goes Tiger Udyr, personally I prefer Phoenix if i'm pushing/can't really trust your team and tiger if you can, or if you want damage you can go tiger. Phoenix is stronger at jungling now, however.

Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 4:51pm | Report
Jungle Udyr hasn't changed at all. His laning was hit pretty badly though. I'd post my skilling/runes/items ect but, It's all dependent on how that game is going.
coonas
<Member>
coonas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 5:21pm | Report
I've been trying to test new tactics after the recent nerf and found that going 3x phoenix for early game then switching to tiger after that gives you great jungling early and good damage lategame.

The problem is that tiger/turtle suffers since i usually max tiger pretty quick. Byt i'd recommend you try it just to get a feeling. i find it working good but midgame dmg obviously drops abit.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide