Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Vampirism Quints on Draaaven?

Creator: OTGBionicArm October 16, 2012 9:11am
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 9:51am | Report

Im so terrible with math and how they work with armor levels.

>< Another reason I just keep using AD marks.

well you shouldn't lol. Unless of course you just wanna add another terrible mobafire guide to the already existing bunch.
Full arpen or at the very least a mix of em is soo much better on draven.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 9:55am | Report
Well if you were gonna use lifesteal quints, the way I'd do it would be flat AD marks and lifesteal quints. ArPen does more damage, yeah, but by the time you get Last Whisper the amount you get in your runes is halfed by the 40% ArPen from Last Whisper and the 10% ArPen of weapons mastery. And to put it another way, what would you rather have. 10 more damage early-game, or not have missed those 10-20 minions in the laning phase?

Also, you'll generally be lifestealing off of minions rather than champions, and flat AD does more damage against minions. Therefore, lifesteal and flat AD synergize better.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 9:58am | Report
Draven specifically already gets an enormous AD boost when his Q is active and his early game trading is ridiculous with ArP.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 10:01am | Report

Well if you were gonna use lifesteal quints, the way I'd do it would be flat AD marks and lifesteal quints. ArPen does more damage, yeah, but by the time you get Last Whisper the amount you get in your runes is halfed by the 40% ArPen from Last Whisper and the 10% ArPen of weapons mastery. And to put it another way, what would you rather have. 10 more damage early-game, or not have missed those 10-20 minions in the laning phase?

Like I said I always have AD marks. My guide has either set, and I say it's largely preference. I personally just don't see a big enough number difference against most champions to justify ArP half the time. And I admit I'm terrible at timing last hits without AD runes, but then it's easier with Draven because of his Q, so idk.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 10:01am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Draven specifically already gets an enormous AD boost when his Q is active and his early game trading is ridiculous with ArP.

His trading early is kind of ridiculous, period from what I've seen the entire time playing him.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 10:02am | Report

Personally, I don't even use ArP runes. Multiple people have told me since I generally get LW/BC early enough they are a non factor, so I don't use them, and it's never really made any visible number differences for me (Except against taric, which I switch runes for). However I HAVE noticed the massive boost any form of lifesteal for Draven. It's just something you'd have to try a few games I guess.

ArP runes are flat out more damage at all levels of armor, and it doesn't matter when you buy your TBC/LW (They synergize with TBC actually...)
Tri lane for life.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 10:05am | Report
Temzilla wrote:

ArP runes are flat out more damage at all levels of armor, and it doesn't matter when you buy your TBC/LW (They synergize with TBC actually...)

Ok this isn't supposed to be a post about if ArP is better than AD runes. Period. This is supposed be about if Vamp quints are worth it or not. I'd appreciate if we get back to the original subject.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 10:06am | Report

Like I said I always have AD marks. My guide has either set, and I say it's largely preference. I personally just don't see a big enough number difference against most champions to justify ArP half the time. And I admit I'm terrible at timing last hits without AD runes, but then it's easier with Draven because of his Q, so idk.

to put this straight.. This can't be about prefference. Going between 3rd item GA or 3rd item LW would be prefference. This is simply flat out worse, there is no prefference.

If Lifesteal is better than ad quints? Probably are tbh.
Better than Arpen quints no.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 10:08am | Report
Well on topic, I wouldn't include them in your main build in your Draven guide, they should be listed as situational / optional. Generally AD carries benefit more from ArPen / flat AD marks and flat AD quints, whether they want to take lifesteal or not is up to them. You shouldn't be telling them to take it.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 10:11am | Report
Quoted:

to put this straight.. This can't be about prefference. Going between 3rd item GA or 3rd item LW would be prefference. This is simply flat out worse, there is no prefference.

If Lifesteal is better than ad quints? Probably are tbh.
Better than Arpen quints no.

It still kind of is about preferences though. I agree, ArP is better against champions, but it isnt noticeably better to me. I can visibly SEE the number difference AD runes do to minions. I CANNOT visibly see the differences ArP does half the time, without doing a **** ton of math.

I agree with everything said here, but again this post is not about armorpen or AD runes at all. It's about the lifesteal quints.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide