Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Vampirism Quints on Draaaven?

Creator: OTGBionicArm October 16, 2012 9:11am
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 10:11am | Report

Well on topic, I wouldn't include them in your main build in your Draven guide, they should be listed as situational / optional. Generally AD carries benefit more from ArPen / flat AD marks and flat AD quints, whether they want to take lifesteal or not is up to them. You shouldn't be telling them to take it.

Thanks for the insight, Vapora. I'm still testing them out myself. I just wanted to see what everyone thought of them. :/
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 10:12am | Report
Imo lifesteal is worse than both ArP and AD. :P
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 10:14am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Imo lifesteal is worse than both ArP and AD. :P

Thanks for the answer to the actual question. :p Would you still say it's a viable option if so wanted, perhaps?
+rep to anyone who answered the question btw.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 10:18am | Report
Ok this isn't supposed to be a post about if ArP is better than AD runes. Period. This is supposed be about if Vamp quints are worth it or not. I'd appreciate if we get back to the original subject.

Most people will tell you that lifesteal quints are ****.

The main reason for this is that "when you are out of position, you are already dead".

I like lifesteal and spell vamp because they let me heal up after a big teamfight.
Tri lane for life.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 10:22am | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Most people will tell you that lifesteal quints are ****.

The main reason for this is that "when you are out of position, you are already dead".

I like lifesteal and spell vamp because they let me heal up after a big teamfight.

I can't tell if you're saying they are ok or not. XD

Thanks for the answer though. I didn't think of them as a way to make up for being out of position though. I've just noticed that in many team fights, sheer life steal is what keeps me going and able to stay there the entire fight instead of having to run. So I had a theory about using the quints.
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 10:26am | Report
If you're going to call yourself an "AD player", you at least need a set of ArP and AD quints and reds. Anyways to answer your question, it's hard to get away with running vamp quints compared to flat AD or ARP. Really, you're going to need that extra AD or ARP to trade more efficiently. Vamping to sustain is easy enough with a early scepter and dblade and you really don't need an extra +6% lifesteal when you can pressure the lane more with extra damage. Just to bring up a small final point, you are going a sustain rune set up with those runes. Sustain comps in bot lane used to be very strong until hard engage proved otherwise. You need all the firepower you can to fight for your lane. Hoped I helped!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 10:36am | Report
Xaioli wrote:

If you're going to call yourself an "AD player", you at least need a set of ArP and AD quints and reds. Anyways to answer your question, it's hard to get away with running vamp quints compared to flat AD or ARP. Really, you're going to need that extra AD or ARP to trade more efficiently. Vamping to sustain is easy enough with a early scepter and dblade and you really don't need an extra +6% lifesteal when you can pressure the lane more with extra damage. Just to bring up a small final point, you are going a sustain rune set up with those runes. Sustain comps in bot lane used to be very strong until hard engage proved otherwise. You need all the firepower you can to fight for your lane. Hoped I helped!

This helped a lot actually, and thank you. Honestly I've been testing all kinds of rune setups for Draven, the whole ArP vs AD rune thing is so confusing to me because many higher elo players run AD runes on him, and others dont. The guides for him on solomid mostly use AD, yet everyone seems to valiantly argue ArP is better. Which is why I just go with the word "preference", I guess, because either side has a lot of argument to their case. :/

But this post told me exactly what I needed to hear, and it's true, it sucks in lane, especially with my play style, as I prefer hard engagement with Leona support. XD

I was thinking too much about teamfighting and not about laning...
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 10:39am | Report
Life steal is based off the damage you deal, if you deal no damage the returns on your life steal is nonexistent. You're better off investing in AD/ArP (at least that is how I feel currently).

Xaioli said it best already IMO. But I thought I'd give my view on it.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 10:40am | Report

Life steal is based off the damage you deal, if you deal no damage the returns on your life steal is nonexistent. You're better off investing in AD/ArP (at least that is how I feel currently).

Xaioli said it best already IMO. But I thought I'd give my view on it.

Like I said I was thinking too much about in team fights as opposed to laning. Thanks though, Jeffy.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 10:43am | Report
Aphromoo is the best Draven in the world and he uses full ArP, so I trust his judgement over any guides. He also taught me the wonders of the 19/11/0 mastery page.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide