Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Varus Champion Spotlight

Creator: Xaioli May 7, 2012 7:34pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 9:48am | Report
Do his abilites do that much dmg?!?! Seriously his ad at start is so ****e low...

He's as low as kogmaw at start almost lowest in game!
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 9:49am | Report
Kinda disappointing to see another attack speed passive... Riot's creative juices are running low it seems. Besides that, looks great.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 9:52am | Report
Land a fully charged Q, win your lane. That's how all my varus games have been going.
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 9:58am | Report
Well an ad carry has really only a few things that might excell them. As is one of the major ones. Ad a second, lifesteal/sustain a third. There is only a couple of attack speed passives in the game, compared to say sustainability. He will most likely be an ad caster and as such he will use skills and then his aas won't be as potent while everything on cd...
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Senac
<Member>
Senac's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 11:49am | Report
Phreak didn't jungle him. What's this?

Lol.. Looks like an interesting champion that I won't buy. A possible counter to a lot of AP mid champs, I don't know. He has the range, but most of the time you'll be able to dodge his Q in lane. His healing reduction seems like it could **** up Vlad and the like though.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 12:01pm | Report
I can see this character in tournies in the future. Such a high skillcap/reward kind of champ. Not the easiest to play it looks like, but damn. Powerful solo and great teamfight dynamic, very balanced.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 12:12pm | Report
the only way he could be useful as an AD carry would be if his W and passive have decent numbers/scaling. otherwise he will be garbage. i can see him working as a caster but would need to see his ratios first.

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 12:22pm | Report
He seems to be an Ez kind of Caster, highly dependent on hitting them skillshots to do great damage, like ranged talon.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 12:23pm | Report
^^ harsh
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Opaque_Shadow
<Member>
Opaque_Shadow's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 12:25pm | Report

problems ASIDE from his speed and lack of durability for clearing the jungle, his cool downs are long early game, he has no hard CC pre 6. So unlike Shyv who can speed herself up, udyr who can speed himself up and stun, nocturne who can get bonus MS and has a fear, mundo who can spam the everloving **** out of cleavers, you're looking at a champion who has no way of assuring a kill pre 6, EVEN if you land his hail of arrows you're still looking at an easily avoided champion.

But hey whatever blows your skirt up :P

There are plenty of junglers who have no hard cc pre 6, Malphite, and sustain/ability to avoid counter jungling on some champs is also terrible, sadly Rammus cant handle an early invade. And the cool dows suprisingly dont make a huge difference, Stonewall's jungle vid of him on youtube showed that he can do fairly well. I'm not sayin he is going to be a 2100 elo tournament level jungler, all I'm saying is his gank potential post 6 and damage output could make him very powerful in lower rank, more fun oriented games. Plus random stun arrows from the bushes would be wonderful for making people rage.

On the whole he would probably be b rank jungler, many weaknesses, but with the right skill setand team comp he could annihilate in ganks.
Feel Free to send my referral link to anyone you know.

"Artillerymen believe the world consist of two types of people; other Artillerymen and targets."
- Unknown
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide