Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Warmog nerfs for next patch.

Creator: Lugignaf December 6, 2011 6:25pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 9:40am | Report
No because those items can be bought at different points
Those items are GOOD on those champions and made for them, they are good items and you can pick them up at different points on each champion

Atmogs is the new standard. You MUST build like that on every tanky dps and in that order.
You don't see every AD carry with a BT and IE as their first two items
You don't see every AP carry with 3 Dorans and a Rabadons as their first two items

But almost every tanky dps goes (optional) Wriggles, Mercs, Warmogs, Atmas with MR glyphs.
Its a brainless build that is easy to do and allows you to be effective with minimal effort. For someone who spent ages making Renekton builds and wondering how best to build Skarner and Nocturne I find it so frustrating when people just go Atmogs on them and do well. Just because they can buy two massively gold efficient items that allow them to become tanky and strong with no thought put in. Not even any need to think about counter building, building for the situation etc.

Edit: And whats worse is that techincally its not OP
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 9:51am | Report
Atmogs is the new standard. You MUST build like that on every tanky dps and in that order.

It is?
I only build it on Olaf in that order, and only because of that synergy with W.

Normal Players:
Rush Atmogs, come into fights late, maybe they can do something, maybe its all too late.

Good Players:
Start counterbuilding resistances or damage on the lane(Wriggles is most of the time enough to go into teamfights early), join teamfights early, get their team an advantage and get damage from adaptable builds.

The problem with Atmogs is, that it's really expensive and while you are farming on that for the sole purpose of some damage and tankyness, your team might already be losing the game.
It's far more efficient to build an early wit's end with ninja tabi(Ya, don't forget about dem ad's) if you see that the enemy's ap carry is getting fed and join fights than sitting on your lane and farming dat Atmogs. Just as an example.

Atmogs is good, but its by no means a must have. The game is dynamic, having a straight BO in your mind is not.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 10:12am | Report
Wintermond wrote:

It is?
I only build it on Olaf in that order, and only because of that synergy with W.

Normal Players:
Rush Atmogs, come into fights late, maybe they can do something, maybe its all too late.

Good Players:
Start counterbuilding resistances or damage on the lane(Wriggles is most of the time enough to go into teamfights early), join teamfights early, get their team an advantage and get damage from adaptable builds.

The problem with Atmogs is, that it's really expensive and while you are farming on that for the sole purpose of some damage and tankyness, your team might already be losing the game.
It's far more efficient to build an early wit's end with ninja tabi(Ya, don't forget about dem ad's) if you see that the enemy's ap carry is getting fed and join fights than sitting on your lane and farming dat Atmogs. Just as an example.

Atmogs is good, but its by no means a must have. The game is dynamic, having a straight BO in your mind is not.

Yup. I jungled Udyr the other day and i built weird items, but they were what countered the enemy team, and let me do my job.

Wriggles > Merc Treads > Wit's End > Shurelya's > Guardian Angel > Sunfire Cape iirc.
Tri lane for life.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 10:15am | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Wriggles > Merc Treads > Wit's End > Shurelya's > Guardian Angel > Sunfire Cape iirc.

That's not really that weird for Udyr.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 10:16am | Report

Lol what kind of logic is that?

That's SO wrong and SO bad all the way down to the core, I can't even believe it.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 10:17am | Report
Wintermond wrote:

Yes sir!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 10:18am | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Swap the sunfire for randuin's and you're sittin pretty ;)
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 10:18am | Report
Wintermond wrote:

It's like saying Rabadon's would kill the theorycrafting for AP carrys or Infinity Edge would kill the AD crafting for AD Carries.

It's a very strong, most of the time core, item but it doesn't kill the theorycrafting by all means.

With the difference that IE and Rabs are not always "omfgrushftw" items and they are 1 item.
Watmogs combo is just a mindless rush nowdays and they will be build regardless real needs.

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 10:20am | Report
Every carry in the game rushes IE.

Every AP could rush Deathcap (some choose RoA first)

How can you say it's any diff then mogs? lol

ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 10:35am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Every carry in the game rushes IE.

Every AP could rush Deathcap (some choose RoA first)

How can you say it's any diff then mogs? lol

I am obliged to question your LoL skils after this.

Tanky Casters do deathcaps only when they feel they got tanky enough
IE is not a core for all AD ranged carries, to name 2 Caitlyn and Graves, on them it's highly situational.

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide