Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

What do you guys do to have fun in league of...

Creator: H4xDefender February 22, 2015 12:56am
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2015 1:42pm | Report
I'm not sure about your specific situation, and if I say something redundant or wrong feel free to ignore this section:

honestly speaking I don't think you should dedicate that much time to playing in the challenger scene or going pro. Playing esports professionally shouldn't be something you aim to achieve - it should be a hobby that opens itself up as an opportunity to become a career as you improve at it. I would say just put studies as a priority before anything and improve your own gameplay. Aim for high challenger in solo queue on the side before you consider going pro. You need to have innate passion for the game - in your current state getting that passion back isn't something that you can assure, and if it doesn't come back you simply aren't going to enjoy NACS or get better at it.

That being said what I often do is just to pick troll picks and play really tryhard. It still trains your knowledge and ability to play the role and it's fun to win against enemies with something considered dumb.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2015 1:51pm | Report
Vaan99 wrote:
You are asking in the wrong place and wrong people. Your situation is completely different from most people in this thread. People in this thread play LoL for fun and nothing happens if they stop and have no consequences on their lives nor their future.

On the other hand, you mentioned in OP that you are under organization, that means it's close to job status for you. LoL is more than game and hobby for you, and you should stop treating it like one if you are planning to go serious. I think you should ask for advice some challenger players that are in same situation as you are, maybe even lcs or ex lcs players if you can reach them.

This is just my non biased view on your situation from your single post, I might be wrong.
Good luck.

My thoughts exactly.

My personal answer would be to take a break or try some different champions/roles, but I don't think any of that would help you to be honest.

Edit: you're definitely welcome to join EUW inhouses though :3

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2015 1:53pm | Report
FUN?!

FUN?!

NOT IN MY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS!

Eh, I dunno; I usually just resort to playing stuff I like just for fun, and sometimes there's the plain troll games in which we decide that Lee Sin and Pantheon make for an amazing bot lane.

Good times.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2015 2:09pm | Report
Seeing as I only really have fun when Im winning games, I get burnt out easily with League if multiple losses happen. I usually quit for a few days and then I have better luck and have fun again. Doing zany **** like GMD says is fun every once and awhile, but doesnt usually satisfy.

But **** playing League lately, I got too much work to do. ><
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2015 2:22pm | Report
This seems to me more like a "how can I keep enjoying my job" rather than "how can I enjoying my hobby", so like Vaan said, you should treat it as such. I worked at an office where I had to do the same tasks over and over again for a while and I must say that, althought at I enjoyed doing it at first, it became a pain in the *** to me later on. So as I was getting bored I thought by myself: Is there anything else I can do?

So in between the task I had to do I also wrote reports, manuals, small projects, my own extra things. These extra things were of course all related to the final product. These things made my final product more complete and made me enjoy doing my work more so as well.

Basically what I try to say is, do things that help you becoming better at League while also being something different. It be tutorring people about league, it be making funny videos about league, it be hanging out on forums even more, it be updating your guides (oh yes I went there), it be just working together in general. Anything is okay really, as long as it is related to league of legends. Of course you should also keep coming back to do the main task, playing games. Then you should be able to do a good performance while also possibly enjoying it.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2015 2:46pm | Report
I'd be 100% down to play euw inhouses even with the ****ty ping but I don't have an account to use unfortunately :(

I'll look into some of these other suggestions, thanks for the feedback so far guys.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2015 8:58pm | Report
Have you tried reaching out to any professional league gamers? I imagine that they'd be able to give you the best answer, since they've already gone through the same struggles as you will have to
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2015 11:50pm | Report
No idea honestly why i dont really have much fun anymore i think i just like the grind and competitive side i dont enjoy the players, community or game much any more.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2015 6:37am | Report
I'd be 100% down to play euw inhouses even with the ****ty ping but I don't have an account to use unfortunately :(
I promise we won't ban Ashe, Annie and Warwick. It'll be fun.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2015 6:47am | Report
It'll be fun.
if they run
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide